Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Wtf!!! Is Martz Really Not Worried About Our Oline????

Rams | Martz does not Mind if Barron Sits All of 2005
    Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:37:13 -0700

Steve Korte, of the News-Democrat, reports St. Louis Rams head coach Mike Martz hopes that rookie OT Alex Barron doesn't play at all this season. "I would be very happy if he doesn't play," Martz said. "That means that he can continue to grow and mature at that position." Martz said Barron is getting close to the point where he could be effective if forced to play. "He has really progressed well," Martz said. "I think if he had to play here in a few weeks, he probably could play."

Let Barron Play!

RamsFan16

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Wtf!!! Is Martz Really Not Worried About Our Oline????

I Agree He Might Not Be Ready Yet, But How Will He Grow And Mature On The Sidelines ? Practice Wont Do It, He Needs Game Situations.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Yeah, throw him to the wolves. Who needs Marc Bulger anyway?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

If the line gets settled, gels as a unit and doesn't need Barron to be thrown into the fray, that is definitely a good thing.

Mr.Blond Guest

Quote by ZigZag: Yeah, throw him to the wolves. Who needs Marc Bulger anyway

Mr.Blond: LOL ........ Also: Dez, close this thread Please! (See Marc Bulger post.........I'm just kidding btw)
    Last edited by Mr.Blond; -09-21-2005 at 01:22 AM.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

ONE team has given up more sacks than us (and we've played poor teams) - that's Houston AND they FIRED their OFF COORD.

Martz seems to always convince himself he can win with a patchwork, stopgap group of journeyman (Pace being the exception). This maybe where his extreme confidence hurts him. Yeah, he's an offensive mastermind, but Bulger and Jackson are mortal.

I go back to the poor level of competition we've played. Cardinals got their heads handed to them in game one AND gave up 42 points.. SanFran gave up 42 to Philly and only scored 3.

I've only heard of QBs .. sitting and learning for a year at a time. Not O-lineman. No way.. 6 more weeks of practicing and if you don't get it by then,,, well,

txramsfan is offline Registered User

You do have somewhat of a point there Tony, we shall see I don't buy into the fact though that Arizona is terrible. They just haven't clicked yet. What I saw at the end of the third quarter for Arizona was a semblence of a running game. Give that team a running game and they are going to be tough.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

does anybody expect barron to get better watching from the sidelines, and as far as the quote"lets throw bulger to the wolves" in case you forgot already hes been sacked 12 times in 2 games.

Mr.Blond Guest

Martz DIDN'T say "no way he'll play" he said Quote: I would be very happy if he doesn't play," Martz said. What he means by that is, the oline would be playing amazing. Personally, I wasn't displeased with the oline's play vs AZ. Most of the sacks seemed to be Bulger's lousy reads. As a matter of fact, the heading of this topic we are writing bout, seems to be in bad taste and against our coach..............perhaps this topic's title should be stricken from the record...........I'm offended that a 16 year old knows such filthy words.............FOR SHAME! LOL *Cough* *Growl* *Spit*
    Last edited by Mr.Blond; -09-21-2005 at 02:02 AM.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

He's not playing now and I don't think we're playing "amazing"

One team worse and they already fired their O-Coord.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Unless Blaine Saipaia improves dramatically at RT, I predict we'll see Barron in game 4. Terrell's a better guard I hear, just like Saipaia, so I think Barron will see the field.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

StRams is offline Registered User

"I go back to the poor level of competition we've played. Cardinals got their heads handed to them in game one AND gave up 42 points.. SanFran gave up 42 to Philly and only scored 3."

--TONY SOPRANO

Did anyone actually watch that AZ vs NY game?

Most of that scoring occured in the third and "mainly" by good defensive / special teams plays.

All The AZ vs NY game tells us is that NY has a better D and ST then us...and Handed the game to AZ.

Get rid of that third and its a very close game that AZ could have won easily.

AZ is not as bad as we think. We beat a team on the road that is a lot like us...missing a few pieces.

ramhard is offline Registered User

Whoa, somethings rotten in Denmark

What the heck happened here:

After the draft from Martz:

(1) "He's our immediate starter- learn by fire, make him raise his game, yadda yadda"

Now:

(2) "I hope he doesn't play all year- learn practicing, won't develop bad habits yadda yadda"

Now what has changed. Is Barron so bad? Strange

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

StlRams

Trying to prove a point by pointing match ups of previous teams performance against a team has very little meaning in this league. Have you ever heard of the phrase ON ANY GIVEN SUNDAY.......

If I reacall the Giants game was very close until some turn overs and specail team plays put the Cards behind the eight ball. The Cards had to become 1 deminsoinal. Not to mention the game was played at NY....

This league is so crazy that ATL can whoop the Eagles and then lay down to the Hawks. The cowboys can play well against the charges and lose to the Skins. Carolina can lose to the saints and then beat the champs. The siants can beat Carolina and then lose to the Giants.

I guess if we all go by match ups in the last couple of weeks I would have to conclude that the Giants will be world champions??????

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think the point Martz is trying to make is a solid one. If our O-line plays well and doesn't need Barron, why should we be in a rush to play him? Let him come along gradually so that he's ready to be the immediate starter next year. But if the line struggles and has problems, Martz says Barron could step in.

I honestly don't see what the problem is here. All Martz is saying is that there's no need to rush Barron in and make changes to the line if they're playing well.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast