Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wtf!!! Is Martz Really Not Worried About Our Oline????

In a perfect world, Barron would have signed early, played all four preseason games, and established himself as the starter.

Unfortunately, he held out and didn't get the chance to get his feet wet in the preseason. Because of the position he plays, you can't put him into a regular season game unless he's really ready.

My guess is that Barron will see some action after the bye week, unless Blaine Sapaia really plays well. Of course, as Martz said, if that happens, that's not a bad thing.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    Martz seems to always convince himself he can win with a patchwork, stopgap group of journeyman (Pace being the exception).[I'd had Turley for argument's sake to Pace.]
    Too much really can't be made of this statement. KW's decline, to my mind, was the lack of solid o-line play. MB is being set-up to fail, albeit unintentionally, just as well.

It's no insight to say that M&Ms offense is predicated on deeper routes being established. That takes time waiting in the pocket for the routes to develop. That means a pocket that isn't in jeopardy of collapsing. MB may be more mobile than KW but he isn't any more durable - in fact he may be more frail. He isn't going to survive a season of six sacks per game - let alone who knows how many knockdowns. And the 1st game showed that 54 attempts without an interception and 350+ plus yards means nothing if the last attempt is intercepted.

The FO should have gotten someone like Turley sooner to protect KW and should have replaced him immediately with an established T to protect MB. If last year's line play is any indication, consistency is the last thing that M&M will be able to rely on from the o-line. A bad game,then a fixed good game, then a bad game and then well you know the rest.

Journeymen are not the answer to getting the most out of M&M' offense. We know it. He knows it. And anything less is just nonsense. Why just one brief foray into the market to get an established RT over the past 5-6 years is beyond me ...

StRams Guest

CRAZY HORNS,

Go back and read my post..I was quoting someone else, and I was making the same point as you.

Somone said that we barely beat the Cards and the gaints blew them out..so I just pointed out that that was not the case...the game was cloaser then the score indicated, and that Arizona is not as bad as their records shows..I rarely ever compare one game to the next...differnt matchups, and personel, injuries and overall position of the stars and the moon can lead to all sorts of crazy things on sunday...

Hope you get where I was coming from.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

My fault StlRams,

I read the 1st part and responded. I just do not think you can judge how a team will do base on play from previous teams. It's like saying everytime the Rams play the Seahawks they will come back in the 4th quarter and win.......

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Sapaia did not play bad last game at RT. He did give up a sack but he also had some nice blocks one of which sprung Manu for a nice gain. It will be interesting to see how Sapaia does this week his second as a starter at RT. Barron will probably be a starter before the season is over but we don’t need to rush him unless it looks like Sapaia cant handle it and we have not proven that yet. Granted he is on a short leash and needs to have a good game this week. Its not going to be easy for the rookie either to come in and start it took Pace 5 games before he started. At the guard positions Terrell looks like a good player ready to step in if one of our vets is unable to get the job done.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-21-2005 at 11:04 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12