RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The Year I Was Born

That was the last time we went 0-6. Back then, lead based paint was still legal.

Someone must have used some of those lead paint chips as a garnish on the coaches lunch. How else can we explain some of the play calling?

More than once, the Rams were in range to score - and they didn't.

More than once, the Rams threw the chance to score away - quite literally.

I have a distinct feeling that Linehan will be going on the John Shaw diet, guaranteed to lose 50 pounds of rear end in 10 minutes. I also have the feeling that Linehan will now be at the top of that list none of us want to be on.

FIVE turnovers? The defense showed up, allowing only one touchdown (as of this moment). The offense? They are still somewhere in the preseason. I know we have a lot of injuries. That is still no excuse, because the majority of the problem today seemed to be a backup QB who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 10 paces with a sawed off 10 gauge shotgun.

Time for the coaching staff to quit eating the "Wall Candy". If they can't "Git 'er Done", then they need to let someone who can do the job step up.

Sorry for the rant, but this is ridiculous. We're the Rams, not the faiders. We should be #1 in the West.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The Year I Was Born

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I know we have a lot of injuries. That is still no excuse, because the majority of the problem today seemed to be a backup QB who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at 10 paces with a sawed off 10 gauge shotgun.
    Yet the majority of your post seems to be about the coaching deficiencies and how it's the coaches not getting it done.

Some very questionable calls today, no doubt. But what part of the coaching was responsible for six Frerotte turnovers?

mh-i is offline Registered User

6 turnovers, all by Ferotte.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Injuries.....

mh-i is offline Registered User

0-6 in 1962? When was the last time they were 0-11? That could happen.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Yet the majority of your post seems to be about the coaching deficiencies and how it's the coaches not getting it done.

Some very questionable calls today, no doubt. But what part of the coaching was responsible for six Frerotte turnovers?
    It's all on the HC for bringing Gus with him from Miami, Along with Randy McMichael.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

blood85 is offline Registered User

What do you guys expect, we didn't even show anything during the 1st game, expect to go 0-13 before a win....very possible.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

1962 was also the year that Marilyn Monroe died. Her last film she starred in was 'the Misfits', which now fittingly describes the Rams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Nick, one thing that really impressed me about Linehan's offense last year was ball control. Marc went from a turnover machine to a stingy QB in just a short time. Gus has worked with Linehan enough to know about ball control. If he hasn't yet learned, maybe it isn't the student, maybe it is the teacher.

I'm not going to make excuses about how we are devestated by injuries. I'm not going to say anything about our backups being crappy compared to our starters. Gus was an excellent QB, and with his experience could actually be a starter in the NFL. His play over the last two weeks makes me wonder one of two things:

Did he forget his Geritol, or:
    Is Linehan figuring Gus can play without seroius coach input?

Just like in the military, if a private screws up by following orders, it is the fault of the person who gave the orders. Same when it comes to football - if an order is given, and the QB screws up....it's the fault of the playcaller.