Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    shroomysoup Guest

Is this year's team worse than last year?

I think so.

Mooselini Guest

Re: Is this year's team worse than last year?

Totally agreed.

1-15 or 0-16

we have to change our offensive coaching staff...

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

The defense is magnitudes better, the offense magnitudes work ...

We would have won this game today with an every semi-competent offense. We gave just about everything to them ....

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    The defense is magnitudes better, the offense magnitudes work ...

We would have won this game today with an every semi-competent offense. We gave just about everything to them ....
    ...and still got blown out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    ...and still got blown out.
    What i meant was, we gave them 21 points ....

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Those Rams who showed up against NE, DAL, & ATL last year would whoop the Rams who played today. We're horrible. Even the 2008 Lions weren't shut out once.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

The defense is 1000 times better than last year, but the offense is 100000000000000 times worse. Overall, I would say we are way worse than last year's team. I would honestly not be surprised if we had a winless year.

jdh008 is offline Registered User

The team definitely looks worse, particularly the offense. I'm not sure I've ever seen such poor play on a consistent basis.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

I would have to say yes. However, there are two sides to look at it. Sure, our offense is much worse but that's expected when you lose Holt and Pace. On defense, we are noticeably better especially against the run. That was our achilles heel the past couple of seasons and now it has become very good. Just looking at stats is misleading because running backs have had some success, but that comes very late in the game when our defense is very tired having been on the field a lot.

Our secondary could still use some work, for example, getting more quality depth at cornerback, and that would help our pass defense come along. Despite being depleted along the defensive line and less than stellar play from Chris Long, we have managed to get some pressure the past two weeks after coming up empty against Seattle and Washington. I think as the season goes on our defense will only get better so that is a good sign, but I still think this team is worse than last year.

Our offense is a complete mess. It has nothing to do with the offensive coordinator; it's the players we have or lack there of. When opposing defenses can just focus in on Steven Jackson, stack eight in the box, and take him out of the game, do you expect us to pass the ball well? No. There is no doubt in my mind that we will be drafting a quarterback come April. We need a new identity for our offense, and I believe that man is Sam Bradford. Granted, we have to see how he is coming back from the shoulder injury, but I believe all of his strengths translate well towards the WCO we have installed. He makes quick and correct reads, protects the ball, and is extremely accurate. He has some arm strength concerns, but that is minimized with his ability to place the ball where receivers are in the best position to catch it. Another one I have with him though is that he has never faced a big pass rush, so I would like to see how he performs with players in his face and affecting his rhythm. As of now though, I'd like to see Sam as a Ram when the draft rolls around.
    Last edited by Bald_81; -10-04-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    What i meant was, we gave them 21 points ....
    Oh. haha. I totally read that wrong. My bad dude! didn't mean to seem like an ass.

It's just this losing has really gotten me hot headed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    I would have to say yes. However, there are two sides to look at it. Sure, our offense is much worse but that's expected when you lose Holt and Pace. On defense, we are noticeably better especially against the run. That was our achilles heel the past couple of seasons and now it has become very good. Just looking at stats is misleading because running backs have had some success, but that comes very late in the game when our defense is very tired having been on the field a lot.

Our secondary could still use some work, for example, getting more quality depth at cornerback, and that would help our pass defense come along. Despite being depleted along the defensive line and less than stellar play from Chris Long, we have managed to get some pressure the past two weeks after coming up empty against Seattle and Washington. I think as the season goes on our defense will only get better so that is a good sign, but I still think this team is worse than last year.

Our offense is a complete mess. It has nothing to do with the offensive coordinator; it's the players we have or lack there of. When opposing defenses can just focus in on Steven Jackson, stack eight in the box, and take him out of the game, do you expect us to pass the ball well? No. There is no doubt in my mind that we will be drafting a quarterback come April. We need a new identity for our offense, and I believe that man is Sam Bradford. Granted, we have to see how he is coming back from the shoulder injury, but I believe all of his strengths translate towards the WCO we have installed. He makes quick and correct reads, protects the ball, and is extremely accurate. He has some arm strength concerns, but that is minimized with his ability to place the ball where receivers are in the best position to catch it. Another one I have with him though is that he has never faced a big pass rush, so I would like to see how he performs with players in his face and affected his rhythm. As of now though, I'd like to see Sam as a Ram when the draft rolls around.
    Anybody who claims we are getting "less than stellar" play from Chris Long is not watching these games ...

He had zero tackles today, does that mean he had a bad game?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Honestly if our offense wasn't so bad I think our defense would be a young middle of the pack and improving defense, but Offense is absolutely atrocious. To many penalties and horrible turnovers.

molar_pistol Guest

the team might be worse overall, but it is also much younger and should continue to improve (particularly the guys on d). i want to move smith to the left side, start greco or goldberg at rt, and see if we can get anything going there. coordinators/qbs need to have more confidence getting the ball downfield occasionally. when the offense is 90% sjax teams can stack the box all day and we don't take advantage. i like the young guys on d, a couple of d-linemen and maybe another corner and we should be very good on that side.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

IMO D-line has been our best unit by a longshot, they have been good against the run and they are finally getting some sacks. The LBs are probably the second best, but they are young and they could use some work in coverage.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fettmaster View Post
    Those Rams who showed up against NE, DAL, & ATL last year would whoop the Rams who played today. We're horrible. Even the 2008 Lions weren't shut out once.
    How many times did said Rams escape a shutout with a last minute field goal.

Our offense isn't that much worse, and last year's defense only stopped people on rare occasions. This team would beat that team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast