RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

And yet again ...

Atogwe makes a potentially game changing play, an awesome forced fumble on a player in the open field. Too bad the offense couldn't come through ...

Excellent day tackling for Atogwe with nine stops. Amazing how nobody is here to praise the guy when he has a great day, but everybody sure is ready to blow him out the water ASAP when he blows a tackle for a big play ...

He continues to make play after play after play, forcing turnover after turnover after turnover. If we don't resign this guy, it will be a debacle ...

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: And yet again ...

It's easy to focus on the negative when you are losing, but the players that are stepping it up and playing well should get recognition.

Atogwe has had some big plays this year.

The defense played well today and it is too bad that the offense could not put more points on the board.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Atogwe's one of our few stars... we NEED to lock him up. Nuff said.

Mooselini Guest

We do need to lock him up. He's arguably the best player on this team.

moloch41 Guest

I'm not completely sold on Atogwe- he plays softer than how I think safeties should play and does have a tendency to get himself way out of position. Do I think we should resign him? Yes, but I don't think we should break the bank to do so.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

All things considered, the secondary as a whole did not have bad coverage today when you consider there wasn't alot of pressure on Pennington. My only beef with anyone in the secondary is their tackling ability, if they would wrap someone up instead of just hitting them there would be alot less big plays against them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mh-i is offline Registered User

It's not hard to stand out on a team where everybody else on defense stinks. It's a low bar. I would try to sign him but I wouldn't drain the wallet on one guy because this team has multiple holes.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    It's not hard to stand out on a team where everybody else on defense stinks. It's a low bar. I would try to sign him but I wouldn't drain the wallet on one guy because this team has multiple holes.
    Atogwe = 9 forced turnovers = #1 in NFL

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Atogwe = 9 forced turnovers = #1 in NFL
    We just need so much on defense. Another starting caliber CB, a starting caliber SS, a starting caliber MLB, another outside linebacker, another starting caliber DE, and probably another starting DT. I just don't want to see them spending all that money on Atogwe and not being able to address other areas of extreme need. As you can see on offense- when you throw so much money at certain positions, you're left with crap everywhere else.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    We just need so much on defense. Another starting caliber CB, a starting caliber SS, a starting caliber MLB, another outside linebacker, another starting caliber DE, and probably another starting DT. I just don't want to see them spending all that money on Atogwe and not being able to address other areas of extreme need. As you can see on offense- when you throw so much money at certain positions, you're left with crap everywhere else.
    bottom line is we need playmakers

sacrificing keeping a good player in favour of getting cheaper options has killed us in the past, and is just lowering the talent level on this team

i remember a time when we were after a middle linebacker and could have thrown big money at Antonio Pierce. Instead we spent that money on Dexter Coakley and Chris Claiborne and didnt get anywhere while Pierce is one of the best defensive players on an excellent Giants team