lakerams Guest

You All Are Way Too Rosey.....

I can't believe most of the posters on this site so happy about this season and our HC.

last night was the biggest choke job I have ever seen and I didn't see anything positive to take into the off season.

Martz had that team completely unprepared for that game. did he even watch the tape from the week 2 game against the Falcons? they played exactly the same game and Martz made no adjustments to counter their game plan.

and yes, it all falls on his shoulders. he is the one responsible for getting the team prepared, for motivating the team, oh, and one more thing, for hiring that a** Marmie.

I do not feel good about that a** kicking the Rams received last night, and I don't see anything positive about next season either.

the Rams have way too many problems that cannot be fixed in 1 off season. the defense sucks, the special teams is worse ( which Martz has never addressed ), and the O-line has been mishandled for years. that is too much to fix in one off season.

so, you all can be rosey about the season and the way things turned out, but I am not one that feels that way. maybe I'm the only one that feels this way, but this season sucked and next season will not improve much on this year. too many questions, too many problems, not enough moxie and $$ to fix it all.

I even saw one poster post " exceeded expectations " for summing up the season. are you kidding me? if a 9-8 season is exceeding expectations, then we are in for some more long, roller-coaster seasons like this one.

I'm glad you are all happy about the season, but I'm not.

tanus is offline Registered User

Re: You All Are Way Too Rosey.....

well, good for you.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lakerams
    I even saw one poster post " exceeded expectations " for summing up the season. are you kidding me? if a 9-8 season is exceeding expectations, then we are in for some more long, roller-coaster seasons like this one.
    I think you're misinterpreting....I read that post and I'm pretty sure that he was saying he didn't expect the Rams to even make the playoffs this season. In that way, the team exceeded expectation.

I don't think anyone here is happy with the way this season ended.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lakerams
    I can't believe most of the posters on this site so happy about this season and our HC.

last night was the biggest choke job I have ever seen and I didn't see anything positive to take into the off season.
    I am not happy with this season and last night's game was as ugly as they get. I am not happy with the team, or Martz, and I will be even more upset if we keep Marmie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

radjohns is offline Registered User

The rams were under .500 in December and the next thing I know they are playing football in the middle of January. So yeah, "expectations exceeded" sounds right to me.

Also, the rams were 8-8, on the road against an 11-5 team, a team beat them soundly in week 2. I'm not sure how that can translate into the "biggest choke job" you ever saw; unless last night was the first football game that you've ever watched.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I'm not happy. We had a shot at the next round of the playoffs and we blew it. I am not offering excuses, maybe we were tired, maybe we were just lucky the three previous weeks, who really knows? All I know is that there is a bucketload of talent on the Rams team that is not being used to its potential. Likewise, there are many areas that the Rams are weak in, and have been for a long time. We may not be playing like Pittsburgh or Indy, but if I remember the season correctly, we sure didn't play like the whiners, either. We went .500. C grade. We had the talent to go A-, but instead, we are middle of the road.
    So what next?
    I never really figured out all this salary cap crap, so I am not sure of the money situation. So, if what I say here is not possible, forgive me.
    First, we need to take some authority away from Martz. He doesn't need the final say-so in everything....that's called micromanagement, and it doesn't work. That's what your offensive coordinators and assistant coaches are for.
    Second, we need to find out if Marmie has run out of foil hats. His defensive plans don't seem to be doing anything positive for the team. Maybe we can trade him for a high school coach and a crock pot.
    Third, why does it seem like the term "special teams" means that the players are special enough to ride a short bus? And the coach to lick the windows of that bus? If the special teams are screwing up, then let the bad ones go, and do what the rest of the NFL does - get people in there that can play and coach.
    As far as the D-line goes, maybe it's time to get away from the 'small-but-quick' players, and get some 'Dang, He's freakin' HUGE....and fast, too!' players.Whether Martz knows it or not, there are guys fitting that description out there.
    Same goes for the O-line. No fat, slow guys, or guys as skinny as Ally McBeal on the front line.
    Now's the time to make a lesson plan for next summer. Here's my suggestions:
    1. Tackling 101
    2. Punt and Kick returns 101
    3. The Seattle Flu and how to avoid it (a.k.a. Catching the Ball)
    4. Ball Stripping 101
    5. Protecting the QB
    6. The position is called "Offensive Tackle" - why is that?
    7. Modern Dance (taught by Marshall Faulk)
    8. Grass is NOT something to be afraid of!
    9. Penalties - why they are usually a bad thing
    10. Block that Kick 101

Don't get me wrong - I love my Rams. I will always bleed blue and gold. Earlier this year, I predicted a 12-4 season. We got 8-8. We didn't have the 30+ points per game I was hoping to see. But, we still got a full season of the most exciting team in the NFL.
    The problems won't be fixed overnight. They probably won't be fixed by August. But if the front office is honest with themselves, maybe they can find a way to get us started on the long road back to being the GSOT.
    Either way, I will be right here, cheering them on and wearing my Rams jersey with pride each week during the games.

Scidog68 Guest

Hey, Lakerams, maybe you should find a new team to root for if St Louis is such a huge disappointment. I'd prefer to stick around and SUPPORT the boys, not bad-mouth 'em.

lakerams Guest

I love the Rams, always will.

I just hate the fact that Martz refuses to change, period, in anything.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Honestly, I think we could give the Falcons a little credit. They are a very talented team, and played an outstanding game in front of their home fans. They simply outplayed us. I'm not excusing the mistakes we made, but I think some may need to take a step back and realize that we played an outstanding team in their environment last night. Even if we had played our "A" game, it still might not have been enough to win.

I'm just trying to offer a little perspective.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

Also, the rams were 8-8, on the road against an 11-5 team, a team beat them soundly in week 2. I'm not sure how that can translate into the "biggest choke job" you ever saw; unless last night was the first football game that you've ever watched.
    I agree that was not a choke, we had just won three big time games to get another road game. We looked more spent the choking.