Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bruce_wannabe Guest

you call yourself rams fans????

have you guys seen the stadium lately???? its a joke.... i know for a fact that all these so cal rams fans would give an arm and leg for the rams to come back to anaheim!!!!! i go to every game that i can out here: the seattle, san fran, and arizona games!!!!!!! if i had to a chance to go to every rams game i would!!!!!!! the fans in the midwest, come one its a joke, the stadium is hardly full this year!!!!!! you never see the browns stadium not packed because their fans our die hards!!!!! simple as this folks, some midwest fans are band wagoners and soft!!!!!!!!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: you call yourself rams fans????

It's an interesting phenomon to say the least. The same town that makes the baseball Cardinals one of the best franchises in all professional sports makes the ED sound like a library on qualudes. I'll never understand it.

i know for a fact that all these so cal rams fans would give an arm and leg for the rams to come back to anaheim!!!!!
    I wouldn't start feeling too uppity just yet. Wasn't there a few "smallish" crowds at Rams home games before they moved to St. Louis?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Alas, not all Rams fans in the area can make it to the dome. We have all been wanting to go to a game, but everytime I try to plan something, a monkey wrench gets thrown in the works.
    It's my understanding that some corporations buy blocks of seats for their clients. If the Rams are a hot ticket, then it is an extra when trying to land a deal. If the Rams are average or below, then the clients will not be as impressed with game tickets.
    Besides, you guys in California already had the Rams. California still has two teams left...it's our turn to have a decent NFC team. I'll tell ya what, why don't we send you guys Marmie? Would that be fair compensation?LOL
    Seriously, I noticed that the dome looks emptier this year, too. Maybe next year we will get back to the packed house again.

Milan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_wannabe
    have you guys seen the stadium lately???? its a joke.... i know for a fact that all these so cal rams fans would give an arm and leg for the rams to come back to anaheim!!!!! i go to every game that i can out here: the seattle, san fran, and arizona games!!!!!!! if i had to a chance to go to every rams game i would!!!!!!! the fans in the midwest, come one its a joke, the stadium is hardly full this year!!!!!! you never see the browns stadium not packed because their fans our die hards!!!!! simple as this folks, some midwest fans are band wagoners and soft!!!!!!!!!
    Well since a lot of us don't even live in St. Louis let alone Missouri (sp), I hardly think this is Our fault. I live up here in Canada, and if we had an NFL team in Toronto, I'd be watching a lot of St. Louis Vs. Toronto Games live.

CanadianRam! Guest

true true i live in TO too!

bruce_wannabe Guest

im just venting with the fans overall in the midwest man!!!!!!!!!! u've all seen it, its dispicable!!!!! no one is cheering, mostly booing, we need that 12th man regarless of what the record is!!!!! thats why kansas city is so hard to play in

Milan Guest

im just venting with the fans overall in the midwest man!!!!!!!!!! u've all seen it, its dispicable!!!!! no one is cheering, mostly booing, we need that 12th man regarless of what the record is!!!!! thats why kansas city is so hard to play in
    Actually I've never paid much attention to the fans. I just like to watch the game, and I can't compare it to other crowds because I hardly watch other NFL teams, and when I do, I don't watch the crowd.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Actually, LOTR, being the only true Rams fan, has purchased ALL of the empty seats so he has someplace to put his misguided ego.

im just venting with the fans overall in the midwest man!!!!!!!!!!
    My man, that's kind of a broad brush you're painting with. I don't know what it is about the fans at the ED, they sometimes appear to not "get" football. However, that is hardly a representative statement of all or even a significant portion of Midwest Rams fans.

It's frustrating I know. Why do some of the quietest fans get the tickets. It's an enigma, my man.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    Actually, LOTR, being the only true Rams fan, has purchased ALL of the empty seats so he has someplace to put his misguided ego.
    That would explain a lot of things.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

It's my understanding that some corporations buy blocks of seats for their clients. If the Rams are a hot ticket, then it is an extra when trying to land a deal. If the Rams are average or below, then the clients will not be as impressed with game tickets.
    I agree that a lot of season ticket holders are the corporations in St. Louis and they truly do not care as much about the team as the average Ram fan. Its also getting very pricey to go to Rams games for the average Ram fan especially a family of 6 like I have. We went to one game this year against Seattle. I was hoping for a better performance on our part but it was still fun and we still cheered on the Rams. Its no excuse but the Rams have not had a defense in a long time that people can get excited about and the offense has taken entire quarters off at times this year. I think the bigger problem is there are only 8 home games a year and the corporations are buying them up. These corporations also drive up the prices for tickets and concessions $10 a beer is a little much for the average Ram fan that likes to consume some beer during the games. Not to mention Nachos loaded with jalapenos okay I have to stop I am making myself hungry. I think when this team starts putting a team on the field that looks like they can block or tackle better then me and acting like they want to win then I think the fans will come back around. I think that our team has truly showed a lack of effort in tackling this year. I am not sure if its lack of effort, age or we just suck at blocking that has been the problem there.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Re: you call yourself rams fans????

I understand where your coming from , But their RAMS fans all over the world that love the RAMS ... I've been a RAMS fan for over 46 yrs and was born and rasied in So. Cal and was their when she took the RAMS out to STL I hated it , And to this day I think she something to do with carroll's death ... I used to hang out with Nolan and others often ... But its the love of the game and our RAMS thats makes the difference ... I have watch all the games at home in STL and most of the seat are full
    ... I wished some times they would be a little louder at times ... With that being said it really doesn't matter where they are we will always be RAMS fans

Attachment 617

Attachment 618

Attachment 619

Attachment 620

Attachment 621
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -12-12-2005 at 04:44 PM.

bruce_wannabe Guest

oh for sure i will be a rams fan through thick and thin!!!!!!!! it just seems like when the tough get going, the rams fans in the DOME seem to lay an egg.... i know not all midwest fans are like that, what im trying to say that it seems like the people who do go to the games have no compassion!!!!!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Hey Bruce: you may have a point about The Ed not being filled to capacity lately... But, as far as southern Cal fans go ,,, I used to be one of them. When the Rams played in Anaheim, the stadium wasn't exactly packed, especially late in the year. When Georgia decided to gut the team and allow our best players to leave, the on field product took a major dive. I can remember looking at the empty stands in the background and among the fans who did attend, there were always some "GEORGIA: PLEASE SELL THE TEAM" signs prominently displayed.

If the Rams ownership ever really commits to winning, the fans will respond. The last few years in Ramsville a soap opera atmosphere has prevailed. From the Warner debate until the present fiasco with Martz.

Culpability lies with the front office/owner, and until a concerted effort to "right the ship" is evidenced in a crystal clear fashion, a lot of folks will prefer to watch their soap operas at home for free.

In these days of higher and higher prices it has got to be a two way street. The last time I attended an NFL game was back when the Raiders were still in LA and my wife who had never attended an NFL game wanted to go. (We were visiting mom in southern cal) The Raiders beat up on the Falcons that day and we watched the game waaay back then for $75 bucks a pop!

I don't know the current cost of tickets for Ram games these days, but I imagine they are not cheap and then there is all that PSL stuff too. I do know one thing: I will always be a RAM fan -- forever -- I cannot imagine it any other way!!

:football: :football:

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Besides, you guys in California already had the Rams. California still has two teams left...
    Let's see. Chargers, whiners, Raid..., yep, two teams left. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast