Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: You can take this to the bank....

bruce4life is offline Registered User

You can take this to the bank....

If Dx plays and has over 75 yards receiving we will win the game tomorrow. My rationale behind this you say????
    - With DX getting large chunks of yardage this opens up the whole playbook and Seattle cannot just target B Lloyd on passing downs
    - If they have to respect our passing game tomorrow, SJ39 will eat them alive and finally go off for over 100yards rushing in his career against the Hawks.
    - Dx is the missing weapon our offense so desperately needs to compete and have a balanced offense...

Thoughts??

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: You can take this to the bank....

Danario Alexander, WR Doubtful Nov 18
    Comment: Contrary to previous reports, Alexander (hamstring) is doubtful for Sunday's game against Seattle, STLouisRams.com reports.

This is the latest from ESPN's "NFL injuries" ..

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Lets hope Mark Clayton can step up along side Lloyd.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Danario Alexander, WR Doubtful Nov 18
    Comment: Contrary to previous reports, Alexander (hamstring) is doubtful for Sunday's game against Seattle, STLouisRams.com reports.

This is the latest from ESPN's "NFL injuries" ..
    Sigh... no bueno

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Simply put, DX can't stay healthy and has not emerged as a consistent contributor to the offense. Barring some kind of drastic turnaround in the next six games (as he's expected to miss this weekend's contest), this may be the offseason when the Rams finally cut bait.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

If ANY Rams reciever gets over 75 yards the Rams chances greatly improve...

It's just that DX isn't going to be the one. Broken again.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Simply put, DX can't stay healthy and has not emerged as a consistent contributor to the offense. Barring some kind of drastic turnaround in the next six games (as he's expected to miss this weekend's contest), this may be the offseason when the Rams finally cut bait.
    I've noticed that you seem much more eager to talk about DX's injuries or lack of production because of, than any other receiver on the roster since he's been here. I get it, you're not particularly fond of him, but where's your negative posts about Greg Salas, Mark Clayton and Danny Amendola.

If you combined their stats you get 7 game appearrances, 32 receptions for 309 yards and 0 TDs. DX has 16 receptions for a team leading 296 yards and 1 TD.

His 18.5 yards per catch also leads the team.

Simply put, you're biased.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -11-19-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Simply put, you're biased.
    I get it, you're not particularly fond of him, but where's your negative posts about Greg Salas, Mark Clayton and Danny Amendola.
    Oh they're out there. For instance, I was pretty critical of Salas' debut against the Giants, I've expressed concern about the length its taken Clayton to recover from his injury as well as questioning his long-term value due to his inability to put together much consistency through his career, and prior to the 2010 season, I was one of what seemed like a small number of Rams fans who didn't think Amendola was a lock to make the roster.

With that out of the way, if we could move beyond the unnecessary sniping and get to some actual debate, I don't think current season stats offer much to base an argument on seeing as how DX has appeared in five games himself while Amendola, Clayton, and Salas have combined for only seven appearances. Obviously DX's stats will be better, because he's been on the field more. That he has a better yard-per-catch average than Salas only speaks to the fact that theyre used in different roles in this offense.

The disappointing aspect of Alexander's play this season for me is that hes failed to make the most of a great opportunity on a team desperate for a receiver to stand out, especially after injuries to other players at the position. Heck, all of the healthy Rams receivers have, but none of them have had as much hype from the fanbase as DX. After a very good game against the Giants (which I praised him for in my Week Two article, to again counter the claim that Im biased), Danario has basically disappeared and hasnt been much of a factor for this offense. And now hes added another injury to an already long list of health issues, another point that separates him from guys like Amendola and Clayton who are currently injured but haven't yet displayed the chronic inability to stay healthy that DX has.

Which brings me back to my original point hes not shown the ability to stay healthy or consistently contribute for a team desperate for playmakers. Unless that changes in the second half of this season, then he may have a tough time keeping a roster spot moving forward, especially when you consider he was on the bubble coming into this season to begin with.

While bruce4life's original point was about DX specifically, I think it really boils down to the school of thought that the Rams need a weapon in the passing game that can help open things up for the offense. I agree with that opinion, and have been advocating for a few seasons now that they find a true answer at the position rather than these decent but unspectacular Band-Aids they've been trying to get by with.
    RockinRam likes this.

Oh they're out there. For instance, I was pretty critical of Salas' debut against the Giants, I've expressed concern about the length it’s taken Clayton to recover from his injury as well as questioning his long-term value due to his inability to put together much consistency through his career, and prior to the 2010 season, I was one of what seemed like a small number of Rams fans who didn't think Amendola was a lock to make the roster.

With that out of the way, if we could move beyond the unnecessary sniping and get to some actual debate, I don't think current season stats offer much to base an argument on seeing as how DX has appeared in five games himself while Amendola, Clayton, and Salas have combined for only seven appearances. Obviously DX's stats will be better, because he's been on the field more. That he has a better yard-per-catch average than Salas only speaks to the fact that they’re used in different roles in this offense.

The disappointing aspect of Alexander's play this season for me is that he’s failed to make the most of a great opportunity on a team desperate for a receiver to stand out, especially after injuries to other players at the position. Heck, all of the healthy Rams receivers have, but none of them have had as much hype from the fanbase as DX. After a very good game against the Giants (which I praised him for in my Week Two article, to again counter the claim that I’m biased), Danario has basically disappeared and hasn’t been much of a factor for this offense. And now he’s added another injury to an already long list of health issues, another point that separates him from guys like Amendola and Clayton who are currently injured but haven't yet displayed the chronic inability to stay healthy that DX has.

Which brings me back to my original point – he’s not shown the ability to stay healthy or consistently contribute for a team desperate for playmakers. Unless that changes in the second half of this season, then he may have a tough time keeping a roster spot moving forward, especially when you consider he was on the bubble coming into this season to begin with.

While bruce4life's original point was about DX specifically, I think it really boils down to the school of thought that the Rams need a weapon in the passing game that can help open things up for the offense. I agree with that opinion, and have been advocating for a few seasons now that they find a true answer at the position rather than these decent but unspectacular Band-Aids they've been trying to get by with.
    Agreed.

DX reminds me of a common type of NFL player. The player with all the talent in the world but just cant seem to stay healthy. Thats just how the NFL is. Hes one of those guys.

The way I see it with DX's bionic knee and other injury concerns, the only way he makes this roster next year is if we make minimal changes to the wide receiveing core. Lets hope thats not the case.

I've been pulling for DX since day one as i've seen his athletic ability at Missouri. If the dude could stay healthy he could be a star in this league. Thats just it though. Its a miracle he hadnt injured his knee after a few games, then he has a hamstring injury. Even if he recovers from this injury, his knee still is a HUGE concern. Its not worth a roster spot for a guy who has had multiple knee injuries and also has other injury issues.

I can only see him staying if we dont make deals with Lloyd and/or Clayton or if we don't pick up a receiver in the draft or F.A. Unless, he comes back in the next week or two and stays healthy throughout the rest of the season and performs. We haven't seen that yet though and sadly I dont know if we ever will.

Oh they're out there. For instance, I was pretty critical of Salas' debut against the Giants, I've expressed concern about the length it’s taken Clayton to recover from his injury as well as questioning his long-term value due to his inability to put together much consistency through his career, and prior to the 2010 season, I was one of what seemed like a small number of Rams fans who didn't think Amendola was a lock to make the roster.

With that out of the way, if we could move beyond the unnecessary sniping and get to some actual debate, I don't think current season stats offer much to base an argument on seeing as how DX has appeared in five games himself while Amendola, Clayton, and Salas have combined for only seven appearances. Obviously DX's stats will be better, because he's been on the field more. That he has a better yard-per-catch average than Salas only speaks to the fact that they’re used in different roles in this offense.

The disappointing aspect of Alexander's play this season for me is that he’s failed to make the most of a great opportunity on a team desperate for a receiver to stand out, especially after injuries to other players at the position. Heck, all of the healthy Rams receivers have, but none of them have had as much hype from the fanbase as DX. After a very good game against the Giants (which I praised him for in my Week Two article, to again counter the claim that I’m biased), Danario has basically disappeared and hasn’t been much of a factor for this offense. And now he’s added another injury to an already long list of health issues, another point that separates him from guys like Amendola and Clayton who are currently injured but haven't yet displayed the chronic inability to stay healthy that DX has.

Which brings me back to my original point – he’s not shown the ability to stay healthy or consistently contribute for a team desperate for playmakers. Unless that changes in the second half of this season, then he may have a tough time keeping a roster spot moving forward, especially when you consider he was on the bubble coming into this season to begin with.

I suppose in your eyes, he'd be better off having a season ending injury like everybody else. That way he'd get the passes (no pun intended) you've afforded every other receiver on the roster. While you choose to look at a DX's coming in and out of the line-up as inconsistent, I choose to look at it as courageous.

I'll bet there's not another guy in this leauge who's had 5 surgerys on the same knee, still playing in the NFL.

For that reason alone, I believe he deserves your respect and to be treated like everybody else. I don't believe I've read any other post by you, suggesting any other Ram receiver may be cut at seasons' end. Just DX. You claim it's because of his inconsitency with injuries or lack of production.

But yet he's been no worst than the second best Ram receiver this season, and the best had they not made the trade for Lloyd.

Using your criteria may I suggest that it may be time to part ways with Amendola, Clayton and Salas.

DX has outperformed all of them combined to this point in the season, and by seasons' end he will likely have missed fewer games in his Ram career than Amendola and Clayton have in theirs. With Salas having missed 10 of 16.

But no way you're biased.

I suppose in your eyes, he'd be better off having a season ending injury like everybody else. That way he'd get the passes (no pun intended) you've afforded every other receiver on the roster. While you choose to look at a DX's coming in and out of the line-up as inconsistent, I choose to look at it as courageous.

I'll bet there's not another guy in this leauge who's had 5 surgerys on the same knee, still playing in the NFL.

For that reason alone, I believe he deserves your respect and to be treated like everybody else. I don't believe I've read any other post by you, suggesting any other Ram receiver may be cut at seasons' end. Just DX. You claim it's because of his inconsitency with injuries or lack of production.

But yet he's been no worst than the second best Ram receiver this season, and the best had they not made the trade for Lloyd.

Using your criteria may I suggest that it may be time to part ways with Amendola, Clayton and Salas.

DX has outperformed all of them combined to this point in the season, and by seasons' end he will likely have missed fewer games in his Ram career than Amendola and Clayton have in theirs. With Salas having missed 10 of 16.

But no way you're biased.
    I think YOU may by biased do to your obvious man crush on DX.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

DX aside, if the Rams do not have to play the Rams, they have a good chance to win.
    macrammer likes this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    I think YOU may by biased do to your obvious man crush on DX.
    Did you mean "be" biased "due" to your obvious man crush on DX?

I suppose in your eyes, he'd be better off having a season ending injury like everybody else. That way he'd get the passes (no pun intended) you've afforded every other receiver on the roster.
    This is simply inaccurate, and I pointed out how in the first paragraph of my previous response. Moving on...

I don't believe I've read any other post by you, suggesting any other Ram receiver may be cut at seasons' end. Just DX.
    Mostly because I've not happened upon other threads started specifically to discuss a single Rams receiver recently. Had bruce4life offered up a guarantee of a win based on, say, Clayton or Gibson getting 75+ yards against Seattle, I would have been rather cynical about their chances as well as their long term prospects as well.

If Amendola, Clayton, and Salas had the kind of injury histories that Alexander has, then you may be right. But they don't; the injury situation they find themselves in is one significant season-ending injury amidst relatively healthy careers. That's entirely different than Alexander, who has big medical red flags that are not shared by many of his Rams receiving counterparts, and whose injury issues have prevented him from being able to play for more than a couple of weeks in a row. It's inaccurate to look at DX, Amendola, Clayton, and Salas, and pretend they're all on a level playing field as it relates to health and injuries.

A more appropriate and accurate statement would be, using the same criteria, it may be time to part ways with Michael Hoomanawanui. And I would be tempted to agree with that, as I've questioned Uh Oh's history of injury issues since they've carried over into his pro career. Yet another example of the critical eye I'm using in regards to DX being applied to someone else as well.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Nick's basic statement was both accurate and on point- DX hasn't been a consistent contributor nor a guy who can be counted on. And for those reasons, he could be a roster casualty next year. This is not taking a shot at his ability (which is excellent) nor is it questioning his courage. None of the other guys mentioned- Clayton, Amendola or Salas- have chronic bad knees or a history of injuries, to my knowledge. And even if they did, Amendola (excellent year last year), Clayton ( veteran productive player) and Salas (rookie high draft pick who was getting better each week) will get more leeway than a guy who must be limited in practice and hasn't demonstrated he can be a full time part of the offense.
    Nick, MauiRam and RockinRam like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast