Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: You can take this to the bank....

macrammer is online now Registered User

Re: You can take this to the bank....

I think we can all agree that DX is courageous but he is not conssistently on the field thus the concern for him long term as a productive member of our receiving corp. Fair assessment and I for one hope he can answer bell to the degree that is required to be a viable contributing member week in and week out. But this year, he has not.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

John Robinson & Bring Back The Los Angeles Rams - YouTube

rams still hold the record of the least amount of yards gained in a football game , Check uout this interview

http://youtu.be/WCuB_o1-G98
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -11-20-2011 at 01:01 AM.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Did you mean "be" biased "due" to your obvious man crush on DX?
    I see you have resorted to the grammar insult to prove your "point"

If I cared about simple mistakes like that I wouldnt post on my phone. I figured you could understand what I meant though either way. Obviously not. Yea thats what I meant though, obviously.

Ill make sure to proofread every word though from here on out so I dont annoy you.

I can already see a conspiracy theory in the makes from you about this...

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

I'll bet there's not another guy in this leauge who's had 5 surgerys on the same knee, still playing in the NFL.
    Yeah, exactly. We're all rooting for the kid, but the odds are against him having a lengthy successful NFL career.
    FestusRam likes this.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I suppose in your eyes, he'd be better off having a season ending injury like everybody else. That way he'd get the passes (no pun intended) you've afforded every other receiver on the roster. While you choose to look at a DX's coming in and out of the line-up as inconsistent, I choose to look at it as courageous.

I'll bet there's not another guy in this leauge who's had 5 surgerys on the same knee, still playing in the NFL.

For that reason alone, I believe he deserves your respect and to be treated like everybody else. I don't believe I've read any other post by you, suggesting any other Ram receiver may be cut at seasons' end. Just DX. You claim it's because of his inconsitency with injuries or lack of production.

But yet he's been no worst than the second best Ram receiver this season, and the best had they not made the trade for Lloyd.

Using your criteria may I suggest that it may be time to part ways with Amendola, Clayton and Salas.

DX has outperformed all of them combined to this point in the season, and by seasons' end he will likely have missed fewer games in his Ram career than Amendola and Clayton have in theirs. With Salas having missed 10 of 16.

But no way you're biased.
    I actually disagree with the notion that Alexander has out performed someone like Salas. Salas and Alexander play different positions, where Salas catches pretty much short passes only, and Alexander is a deep threat. However, Alexander only has about 30 more yards than Salas. Salas has shown a better ability to both catch the ball and run after the catch than Alexander has.

I think the reason most people are disappointed with Alexander is that while it is courageous that he is battling this injuries, he doesn't make the most of the chances he does get. He often drops passes, and his catch percentage is frankly shocking.

Also, I will point out that the reason most people haven't mentioned cutting Clayton after this year is that we haven't seen him play yet, we knew he was injured when we signed him (hence him being put on PUP) and it's a one year deal anyway so it's not like he is locked into a roster spot for next season

Everyone wants to see DX do well. He has the talent, he went to Missou, and it's a good story of him battling the injuries. But when it comes down to it the team needs to see production on the field, and we aren't seeing that.

There is only one person biased in this topic, and it's not Nick

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    I can already see a conspiracy theory in the makes from you about this...
    Good, then mission accomplished.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    There is only one person biased in this topic, and it's not Nick
    You're certainly welcomed to your opinon, even if you don't know what you're talking about. Nick knows exactly what I'm talking about.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Do i not know what I'm talking about?

Maybe I just can't get excited about players that only catch 41% of the passes thrown their way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12