Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

“You didn’t see 85 percent of Jim Haslett’s blitzes tonight,” Linehan said

Wow. I know the game was Thursday but how many more types of Blitz's can there be? We were blitzing everywhere!

RamsFan16

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: “You didn’t see 85 percent of Jim Haslett’s blitzes tonight,” Linehan said

We wanted change, we got it! Bring on the blitzing Rams!
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-14-2006 at 05:24 PM.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Our front isn't good enough to bring consistent pressure without blitzing, so we'll blitz the crap out of people this year, makes sense to me. Besides it's a blast to watch!

Who's missing the Larry Marmie "stand and watch" defense? Can I get an M and an A and, uh nevermind...I pity the fools that hired Marmie

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

we can blitz all we want but if we do that we must get to the qb and disrupt things because if we dont were in trouble because our db's arent good enough yet coverage wise.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Last season our defense was terrible. So why not take chances and blitz. There's nothing to lose and everything to gain.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan
    we can blitz all we want but if we do that we must get to the qb and disrupt things because if we dont were in trouble because our db's arent good enough yet coverage wise.
    Ding, ding, ding!!! We have a winner!

The blitz is one big craps shoot. If it works, Bulger will be on the field much more than off. However, if we still can't get any pressure, then all we have is one less man in coverage and a corner locked up 1-on-1 with a receiver somewhere.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark
    I pity the fools that hired Marmie
    The Seattle Seahawks...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Wow. I know the game was Thursday but how many more types of Blitz's can there be?
    Enough to make up 85% of what we have, it seems.

The Rams will likely continue to try to keep their hand pretty close to their chest so teams have as hard a time as possible scouting them prior to Week One. It's an entirely new defense, so you don't want to give too much away.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

majorram is offline Registered User

I say..... just keep Blizing.....its just great to watch after the last couple of years... what a change heh!!!

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

Quote Originally Posted by majorram
    I say..... just keep Blizing.....its just great to watch after the last couple of years... what a change heh!!!

steve
    major, I agree. I'd love to see a steady stream of blitzing from our defense. However, I don't want to hear belly-aching from anyone when we give up two or three big plays every game........and it will happen.

As Forrest said..."blitzing is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

good point HUb, and we all know that we will get them doing just that

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    major, I agree. I'd love to see a steady stream of blitzing from our defense. However, I don't want to hear belly-aching from anyone when we give up two or three big plays every game........and it will happen.

As Forrest said..."blitzing is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."
    Yea. But I'd rather give up three Big Plays Per Game Blitzing rather than giving up three big plays per game playing Marmies Break but dear lord don't try to bend D.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Yea. But I'd rather give up three Big Plays Per Game Blitzing rather than giving up three big plays per game with our head up our arse TRYING to tackle.
    Just remember that when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Just remember that when the time comes.
    When that happens just boot me from the Chat Room for 5 mintes

Really though, I usually get very mad when we give up big plays and TDs and stuff during Preseason, but last game I didn't get mad one bit. I jumped for joy though
    RamsFan16

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan
    Fair enough JK, but the flip side is that a QB having "time" is a DB's worst enemy. I 'll take the Blitz.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast