Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

You get to change 3 plays in Rams' history (read the rules first!)

One day, you're walking on the banks of the Mississippi River, when you come accross a Rams' horn washed up on the bank. You rub the horn to remove the build-up of silt, and out comes a genie (he kind of looks like the genie from Disney's Alladin, except he has Dez's face).

You are granted the right to change three plays in the history of the Rams. But there are some rules you must obey, or the wishes will not come true:

1. You can only change the negative aspect of a play. In other words, you can change a dropped pass to a catch, or an interception to an incompletion. You can't change an interception to a TD pass, or a TD scored against the Rams to a pick-6.

2. You can only change one play from a Super Bowl, one from a non-Super Bowl playoff game, and one play from a regular season game.

3. You can undo an injury, but that will not guarantee that the player will perform as you would have hoped.

4. You can neither undo a penalty call, nor have a penalty called against the opposition.

So, what are your three plays?

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Re: You get to change 3 plays in Rams' history (read the rules first!)

I would have Nolan Cromwell NOT drop the Interception in SB IV, or maybe Jack Lambert drop his INT near the end of that same game. Kind of a toss-up.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Well I'm a youngster, so I'll stick with GSOT Era, no LA Rams recollection here!

First, I'll go with conjuring a strong gust of wind in the Superdome that blows Vinatieri's kick wide right.

Next, Kurt Warner never breaks his pinkie/hand. I would go with no concussions, but that would use up like six wishes.

And I will have Steve Smith drop his touchdown catch at the start of the second overtime back in '04.

Sure none of these changes guarantee more success for the Rams, but these are gut wrenching, heartbreaking moments of the GSOT, moments I want erased from my teenage experience.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Uy, these rules -- how can a Genie know all that about football and thus be so specific?!?

Here goes. I hope I abide by The Rules. My three plays, not in order of importance:

Wish 1a). SB XIV. Shorty CB Rod Perry, outstreched to his fullest possible physical length, DOES reach and breaks down Bradshaw's pass to Stallworth. ...Uh, oh. I think I broke Rule 1. Well then. 1b). How about Rams S Eddie Brown changing his play and teaming up w/Perry to break the pass? Grrr, still in violation of Rule 1. Okay, okay. **Thinking in anguish** Alright. 1c). Ferragamo's intended pass to Ron Smith in 4th quarter is an incompletion instead of Lambert's INT! There. Rams keep their drive alive, move on to WIN. Whew!

Wish 2). Sometimes I relive that dreadful, painful, sad Sunday game in Dec. 7, 1968. We had to win final two games that year to go for it -- all the way. That day we hosted the mean monsters of midway. Truth be told, we were the better, stronger team although Chicago was a tough mob of adversaries, Dick Butkus and Co. This was the game before last.

AV / Alladin, could I have that "mystery - lost down" that each one of the officials forgot ... back? It happened late in the 4th Qtr. Score was 17-16 in favor of the Bears but the Rams were driving hard into FG range. A penalty (again truthfully remembered as a questionable call) was charged against the Rams BUT the down was never credited back to us. Unreal, yes I know! I'm not asking for that penalty to be exonerated, just the down to be "refunded" for that drive whereupon the Rams offense advances further into a FG opportunity, Gossett makes the 3-pointer, we go into playoffs, win SB. Thank you.

Wish 3). Rams GSOT. Wait, I'll have to get back on this last one. I appreciate your patience genie. **Couple of hours later** 2003 season. Playoff game at home Vs Panthers, Jan. 10, 2004. I wish for a big, memorable sack by our defense on Jake Delhomme while attempting to throw to Steve Smith on that double OT play.

Thanks AV and Alladin. Nice, entertaining thread on, alas, what could have been.
    Last edited by RealRam; -02-16-2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Tyop, update.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Without thinking about this too much, how about reversing the injury to Clayton this year. Could have pushed us into the playoffs.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Wish 1.) In Super Bowl XXXVI, the FG kick by Vinatieri misses, causing the game to go into overtime while Warner utilizes a dink and dunk style offensive drive that lead to a Faulk red zone TD.

Wish 2.) In the 2004 divisional matchup against the Falcons, Michael Vick gets injured in the 2nd quarter (yeah I'm a dick), forcing them to use their second stringer while we execute a lopsided blowout to advance to the championship matchup to face the McNabb-T.O. duo lead Iggles.

Wish 3.) Bulger throws a deep pass in the 2007 game against the Steelers during the 4th quarter that was caught by Torry Holt that lead to an eventual TD. Everything's unknown from there on out.

TNRamFan23 is offline Registered User

Only play I'd change is the devastating play of Georgia killing Carroll Rosenbloom. Period.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd change the Warner interception that Ty Law returned for a TD in SB 36 to an incomplete pass, have Az Hakim catch the punt in the 2000 playoff game against the Saints that spoiled a playoff comeback for the ages and have Gus Frerotte complete the pass to a wide open Isaac Bruce in the end zone against Seattle at home in 2007.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

1. Change the 1st of the "6" interceptions that Norm Van Brocklin threw in the 1955 NFL Championship game against the Cleveland Browns, in the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. Everything seemed to go downhill from that point of that game. Otto Graham, in his very last game, lead his Browns over the Rams 38-14. The coach of the Rams was a Rookie Head Coach Sid Gillman.

2.The Rams finally gained homefield advantage for the 1977 playoffs, only to host the Minnesota Vikings during a terrible rainstorm that hit LA that weekend, resulting in the imfamously regrettable "Mud Bowl" (Vikings 14 - Rams 7). Wish we could change the part the weather played that day.

3. Change Seahawks Will Herring's interception to a drop, against Sam Bradford late in the 4th quarter of last years Division deciding game. Maybe Bradford woudda pulled it out for US!
    Last edited by dgr828; -02-15-2011 at 04:26 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I'd change the Ty Law pick 6 in the Superbowl against the Pats to the roughing the passer penalty it should have been

I'd stop Az Hakim from muffing the punt against the Saints in the playoffs. With all the momentum i think the Rams could have driven down from there to at least tie the game.

As for regular season...
    I'd go for this year. Either Cliff Ryan covers the ball completely in his big fat arms/hands and runs the fumble recovery in for a TD in the season opener against the Cards. Or Josh Freeman and the Buccaneers fail to score the winning TD with 10 seconds left.

Trevor is offline Registered User

I'm going to change the interception to a dropped interception when Bradford threw it to Robinson against seattle..

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

1. Ty Law does NOT intercept Warner in SB XVI.

2. Holt does NOT drop the (probable) TD pass from Bulger in the '03 playoffs against the Panthers.

3. Cliff Ryan does NOT fumble the ball against the Cards this year.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

1. Super Bowl - Cromwell catches the ball vs. Steelers.

2. Playoff - Hakim does NOT fumble.

3. Regular Season - I'll go with that Cliff Ryan fumble as HUb mentioned. I was there, and that play unfortunately cost us the game.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Love the game AV but you guys are forgetting about the butterfly effect. Change one play in the past and all the sudden in the future we still have Linehan as a head coach and a roster with 23 Tight Ends.

I look the genie in his ever so adorable Dez face and say "No thanks... I wouldn't trade where we are now for 1 more win or 1 more Super Bowl in the past." But "is there anyway I could trade all three for one Jessica Biel wish?"

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    Love the game AV but you guys are forgetting about the butterfly effect. Change one play in the past and all the sudden in the future we still have Linehan as a head coach and a roster with 23 Tight Ends.

I look the genie in his ever so adorable Dez face and say "No thanks... I wouldn't trade where we are now for 1 more win or 1 more Super Bowl in the past." But "is there anyway I could trade all three for one Jessica Biel wish?"
    Your talking as if we dont have 23 tight ends now.... fendi, derek schouman , uh-oh, fells, bajema, and darcy johnson. Don't even get me started on the literally 10 wr's we have.

And what kinda genie puts restrictions on your wishes lol.

I would have to agree with ram here and say I wouldn't trade anything. The past is what it is but if you change anything we might not have Sam Bradford right now and thats a big deal. So really I am thankful we had the 1-15 season to pick up a jewel like bradford not to mention saffold in the 2nd was a steal. If we didnt have the bad seasons we have had the past three years we wouldnt have a foundation for a great team James laur, Sammy b, Saffold, Smith, and ill add uh-oh because I expect big things this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast