Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: You guys done crying???

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

You guys done crying???

Ok, good.

Shaun Hill is the best back-up in the league for a reason. He can get it done. In fact, he will definitely take chances Bradford wouldn't.

As much as 1999 happened, I see this almost as the 2008 Titans. Vince Young goes down, Collins comes in and Titans go 13-3 with a great defense and run game.

Am I saying we will go 13-3? NO
    Am I saying we will go 10-6 and playoffs? NO
    Am I saying we should still expect an 8-8 or better season? YES!

We start our season against Vikes, Bucs, Cowboys. Cowboys = very bad defense. Even with Shaun Hill, I don't see why we can't start 3-0, and get some great momentum going for the rest of the season!

3-4 with Bradford, 4-5 with Clemens, ?-? with Hill???

Don't give up on the season. Our chances of playoffs might have been hindered, but IMO not by much.

1999 Rams parallels in some ways, 2008 Titans parallels in some ways, LETSSSSS GET IT!!! No time to feel sad, it's been 24 hours, now lets get back to it!!!

Iaurdae is offline Registered User

Re: You guys done crying???

Couldn't agree more!

And it's a perfect chance to show the people out there what an amazing defense can do!

and it's most definately realistic to say that where are at that 8-8 mark, and just give this Ram team some support!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I'm afraid I'm still crying................

From my perspective, the difference between Bradford and Hill is maybe fighting for a wildcard spot (with Hill), and doing damage in the playoffs (with Bradford).

I hate "what could have been". That said, once the season starts, I'll put my faith in Hill, and look for a win every week, just like I always do.
    MoonJoe and sosa39rams like this.

BarronWade is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'm afraid I'm still crying................

From my perspective, the difference between Bradford and Hill is maybe fighting for a wildcard spot (with Hill), and doing damage in the playoffs (with Bradford).

I hate "what could have been". That said, once the season starts, I'll put my faith in Hill, and look for a win every week, just like I always do.
    The biggest difference in Hill over Bradford is potential

But agreed with RuffRams all the way the season is not over and Hill can do plenty on the field....I see Hill as something similar to what Josh McCown did last year making plays and giving the Bears hope when their QB went down

macrammer is offline Registered User

I still need a little more time......
    MoonJoe and r8rh8rmike like this.

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RuffRams View Post
    Shaun Hill is the best back-up in the league for a reason.
    Who annointed Hill the best back-up in the league? It's been mentioned that he's better than Kellen Clemons. Based on what? I hope everybody is right and the guy ends up being a story but realistically how do we know anything at all about a 34 year-old who's thrown 16 passes the last 3 years, none last year? The Rams aren't exactly a team where the QB doesn't matter. I'm interested to see who else might be out there who's a little younger and has played in the last 3 years.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Who annointed Hill the best back-up in the league? It's been mentioned that he's better than Kellen Clemons. Based on what? I hope everybody is right and the guy ends up being a story but realistically how do we know anything at all about a 34 year-old who's thrown 16 passes the last 3 years, none last year? The Rams aren't exactly a team where the QB doesn't matter. I'm interested to see who else might be out there who's a little younger and has played in the last 3 years.
    You beat me to it- my sentiments, exactly. Certainly we all will be rooting for Hill, but I hardly think he's the best back-up in the league. Vick, Kirk Cousins, Mark Sanchez and several others all have a much bigger body of work and/or past success from which to judge.

We can all hang our hats on the similarities to 1999 in knowing magic can happen. We all will be hoping we can catch lightning in a bottle twice. But the reality is Bradford was our best shot. The Rams just went from having an outside chance at a playoff spot to being in a world of trouble.

Put any kind of spin on it you want, this was a swift kick in the balls to any Rams fan.
    ram3057, bradwill and Haste like this.

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

i was listening radio, they were reviewing our record. according to AM 570 in LA @2pm Rams only "winnable games are Raiders and Giants. 2-14

with a stellar defense Ravens won superbowl xxxv with low rated Dilfer and Rams got SB xiv with low rated Farragamo. i seriously hope they are wrong.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    i was listening radio, they were reviewing our record. according to AM 570 in LA @2pm Rams only "winnable games are Raiders and Giants. 2-14

with a stellar defense Ravens won superbowl xxxv with low rated Dilfer and Rams got SB xiv with low rated Farragamo. i seriously hope they are wrong.

Two wins those guys must be smoking some serious crack because in my opinion Hill is better than Clemens and we won 7 games last year 4 with Clemens at the helm.
    r8rh8rmike and LA Rammer like this.
    Just Fix It

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

No, I'm still crying! and will be probably crying into October when I fly to Philadelphia!...
    Last edited by MoonJoe; -08-25-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Two wins those guys must be smoking some serious crack because in my opinion Hill is better than Clemens and we won 7 games last year 4 with Clemens at the helm.
    we also have a better squad all around. i'm with you their pipe is hot.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

If a team can't overcome some adversity then they are probably too weak to begin with. One way or another we are going to find out. The '85 Rams made the playoffs with 34 year old CFL castoff Dieter Brock at QB.
    sosa39rams likes this.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Still crying a little because they are finally playing the game on NFL channel. Bradford sure had some new found "zip" on the ball that Hill, and especially Davis are missing.

But the team looks good. The receivers are much improved. Brian Quick is coming into his own, with Britt, Cook, and Tavon to surround him, not to mention Bailey and Kendricks. Defense with Ogeltree, Donald, Quinn, etc...

Both Hill and Davis were productive because they had time to throw and have talent around them.

I still think a lot of our outcome will depend on the offensive coordinator, and I've been ok with what i've seen so far in preseason.

still a bummer. Shaun Hill has a huge forehead. lol. It's a little annoying when they do a close-up of him over center. Oh well, I guess that's our guy for now.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

We have one of the most undesirable schedules in the league this year, so needless to say, we have our work cut out for us.

I will say however, that the dropoff between Hill and Bradford is certainly less than the dropoff between Clemens and Bradford.

So I'd say we're in a better starting place than last year, but we absolutely can not afford to give away any games.
    RealRam likes this.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Horns View Post
    If a team can't overcome some adversity then they are probably too weak to begin with. One way or another we are going to find out. The '85 Rams made the playoffs with 34 year old CFL castoff Dieter Brock at QB.
    All DB had to do was handoff the ball to ED.

Seriously though, yes, it can be done. Add to that possibility the Rams' hunger for success and the feel to honor Sam Bradford. Like wearing an invisible '8' sticker on the back of their helmets.

I wonder how much will Bradford get to see the Rams play from the sidelines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast