Cardinalmaniac Guest

You guys have the best QB in the division already

Not that the division is particularly strong but...

Cardinals fan here....just too a whooping today. The Cardinals forum is imploding right about now so I'm taking a rest. I caught most of your game today and I have to say, it looks like you guys got the real deal with Bradford.

In week 1 I thought it was insane that your coaching staff had a rookie throw 50 times in his debut.....but the more I see him play, the more I realize this is great for him. If this is how he's playing with rookie nerves and learning the speed of the game, imagine how he'll be once he's mastered those two rookie speed bumps.

I don't know if Leinart was the answer or not but I felt like they should have atleast given him 4 games to see if he was a bust or not. If our staff didn't think he was legit, they should have atleast brought in a veteran who's demonstrated sustained success in the league. With a bum like Derek Anderson, you get what you pay for....a guy who couldn't beat out Brady Quinn and has now thrown the team in a tailspin by forcing us to start an undrafted rookie who's looked like....an undrafted rookie.

So anyways, congrats to you guys. Your offense is starting to gel and in this weak division, you guys might shock all of the experts if Bradford can keep up this pace of development. I have to admit I thought Bradford was going to be an injury prone bust. All indications are that he's going to be a thorn in the side of the Cards, Seahawks and ***** for a while.

I legitimately think he's already the best QB in the division.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: You guys have the best QB in the division already

Your comments are appreciated, and truthfully he does look like he will turn into an elite QB. It's not just the physical traits he possesses, it's also his mental game. He is incredibly smart, patient, calm, and aware of what is happening at all times. It is going to be fun watching him play for us for the next decade or so.

It would be funny if Jake Locker AND Andrew Luck get drafted into our division. Wooo.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinalmaniac View Post
    Not that the division is particularly strong but...

Cardinals fan here....just too a whooping today. The Cardinals forum is imploding right about now so I'm taking a rest. I caught most of your game today and I have to say, it looks like you guys got the real deal with Bradford.

In week 1 I thought it was insane that your coaching staff had a rookie throw 50 times in his debut.....but the more I see him play, the more I realize this is great for him. If this is how he's playing with rookie nerves and learning the speed of the game, imagine how he'll be once he's mastered those two rookie speed bumps.

I don't know if Leinart was the answer or not but I felt like they should have atleast given him 4 games to see if he was a bust or not. If our staff didn't think he was legit, they should have atleast brought in a veteran who's demonstrated sustained success in the league. With a bum like Derek Anderson, you get what you pay for....a guy who couldn't beat out Brady Quinn and has now thrown the team in a tailspin by forcing us to start an undrafted rookie who's looked like....an undrafted rookie.

So anyways, congrats to you guys. Your offense is starting to gel and in this weak division, you guys might shock all of the experts if Bradford can keep up this pace of development. I have to admit I thought Bradford was going to be an injury prone bust. All indications are that he's going to be a thorn in the side of the Cards, Seahawks and ***** for a while.

I legitimately think he's already the best QB in the division.
    I think the real difference between Leinart and Bradford was in attitude. Sam came in humble & worked his tail off to win over the coaches and teammates. Leinart seemed to feel he was owed something. Can't blame Whiz for that,imo.

IronRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    I think the real difference between Leinart and Bradford was in attitude. Sam came in humble & worked his tail off to win over the coaches and teammates. Leinart seemed to feel he was owed something. Can't blame Whiz for that,imo.
    Having played against Leinart as a league rival in high school ball, I can tell you that this is pretty consistent with what I remember. Add to that the fact that Leinart has been a "system" QB since those days. He had the advantage of being surrounded by a stellar supporting cast at Mater Dei H.S. and at USC. I won't lie - its made me feel good to see him exposed as another overhyped QB as I have felt that way about him since playing on Friday nights.

But, Bradford...wow, where do we even start with him? He has been a Grade-A classy guy since day 1 and we're seeing the growth and the dividends being paid on the field. I haven't been this excited about our QB position since a young guy named Kurt Warner stepped in for an injured Trent Green in '99.
    Last edited by IronRam; -10-03-2010 at 07:56 PM.
    :ramlogo:

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Didn't think about it, but I agree with the OP. Nice Post.

It's the little things. the subtle things that make Bradford special. Like the way he responded after the interception in the endzone. He came right back and performed like it never happened. That's an ability a big game player either has or doesn't. Bradford has it.

Cardinalmaniac Guest

I don't know about Leinart's attitude but I do know he wouldn't have been as bad as Derek Anderson's been. What a mistake Whis made with that....now we have to basically give up on the season because it's in the hands of an undrafted rookie...Talk about wasting Fitzgerald's prime years.

I'm really worried about drafting a QB in the 1st round next year. I'm always leery of 1st round QB's....I fear finding the Jamarcus Russells or Alex Smiths rather than the legitimate QB's.

All of that said, I saw Bradford's INT today and his reaction to it was just about what you'd like to see out of a QB who just tossed an INT. He didn't flip out, didn't get pissed at his WR....you could tell he was running through his head "I wish I had that one back".

But yea, 289 yards & 2 TD's is a really solid outing for a rookie QB. I think you guys are in good hands if you can keep him healthy. A stud/franchise WR is just what he needs....someone to develop with over the years.

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

division for now, the league tomorrow!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

jlszes Guest

Bradford's quote in the post game presser goes along with this thread...dont remember the exact wording but it was pretty much him saying that the whole play was bad from the read to the pass that he did everything wrong and that it was ALL his fault...

CLASSY!

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Bradford is good as gold and its only his rookie year in a still very young season. It wouldn't be a good idea for new NFC west football fans to cheer for any other team than the Rams because Sam is showing he's gonna be a force to be dealt with for many years to come. And for all those opposition fans that are rolling their eyes right now i feel sorry for you all. RAAAMS BAAABY!!!

thoey is offline Registered User

First, thank you for a humble post from a rival fan. You sir are a true football fan.

I agree, Sam has shown so much poise as a rookie. More than any of us Rams fans could have expected. I think he will be something special, but I am biased, so maybe he will just be a GOOD QB. I can live with that.

As far as Leinart goes, I don't mean this as an a front to your team, but his desire to stay in school even after his team won the championship, showed me something of him. Not that he stayed to get his degree (he already earned it), but stayed cause he had eligibility and enjoyed the campus life. He loved college more than he loved football. You are a divisional rival, so to be honest, I can't say I feel sorry for you, but I will say that he will never replace *OUR* #13.

(God, that hurts to say that. KW should have been a Ram for his whole career, we got the best of him, but y'all got some of his magic too...)
    This space for rent...

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Bradford has shown this year that often times, sacks are a direct result of the QB and not the offensive line. The Rams offensive line is getting a lot of credit for being improved but I don't see it. Every game they have guys blowing through the line untouched but Bradford makes a move and avoids the sack. Bulger would have just stood there and taken the hit.

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

I don't know if Leinart was the answer or not but I felt like they should have atleast given him 4 games to see if he was a bust or not. If our staff didn't think he was legit, they should have atleast brought in a veteran who's demonstrated sustained success in the league. With a bum like Derek Anderson, you get what you pay for....a guy who couldn't beat out Brady Quinn and has now thrown the team in a tailspin by forcing us to start an undrafted rookie who's looked like....an undrafted rookie....

I don't know about Leinart's attitude but I do know he wouldn't have been as bad as Derek Anderson's been. What a mistake Whis made with that....now we have to basically give up on the season because it's in the hands of an undrafted rookie...Talk about wasting Fitzgerald's prime years.
    People thought the Seahawks were nuts for trading for Whitehurst -- not the fact that we traded for him, but the fact that we moved back 20 spots in the 2nd round of the 2010 draft and gave up a 3rd in the 2011 draft, plus paying him $9M or whatever for a two-year contract, therefore concluding we way overpaid for him. But the unfortunate truth for us was that the Cardinals were chasing him also, and we had to pay that in order to get him.*

The immediate benefit for us is that you guys had to settle for Derek Anderson (or chose to, at least). Since that was basically the choice we faced also, we pulled the trigger on Whitehurst, leaving you with Leinart and Anderson -- and of course, nobody had any idea that you would dump Leinart before the season got going.

I don't have the same ecstatic joy about your QB problems that I do about the Digits woes, but I gotta say I am happy the QB situation worked out the way it did. Now, for us, we need to see what Whitehurst is all about. Hasselbeck was great, and perhaps he still has it in him, but for the past couple of years he's been pulling a Bulger-esque career nosedive. We need to put the clipboard in his hands and hand the reigns to Whitehurst. Then, we may have a QB that can compare respectably to Bradford, but we won't know until that happens.

* As QB prices go, what we gave up for Whitehurst is not unreasonable if he turns out to be a good starter. But even if he doesn't, I'm still glad as hell that we paid that price for Whitehurst instead of giving up the two 1sts for Kolb that the Eagles were demanding.

Cardinalmaniac Guest

Speaking of Bulger, I wish we'd taken him in FA rather than DA...

Derek Anderson had one good year in the league......I think Coach Whisenhunt saw a "Big Ben" clone in him, without the personal issues.

Anyways, this is a Rams forum and I don't mean to come here and talk through Cardinals QB issues. Just wanted to point out that I'm really impressed with Bradford. He's certainly performed better than I expected. In week 1 vs the Cards he played about on par with where I'd expect a rookie who throws 50x's. He checked down a lot and went for high completion passes.

But he's opened the field up more as the weeks have progressed. I think by week 10-11 he'll be heaving it all around the field with confidence. Could be very dangerous. I'm officially jealous.....here we are about to waste Larry Fitzgerald's prime years on either a dud QB or an undrafted free agent rookie

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Speaking of Bulger, I wish we'd taken him in FA rather than DA...

Derek Anderson had one good year in the league......I think Coach Whisenhunt saw a "Big Ben" clone in him, without the personal issues.

Anyways, this is a Rams forum and I don't mean to come here and talk through Cardinals QB issues. Just wanted to point out that I'm really impressed with Bradford. He's certainly performed better than I expected. In week 1 vs the Cards he played about on par with where I'd expect a rookie who throws 50x's. He checked down a lot and went for high completion passes.

But he's opened the field up more as the weeks have progressed. I think by week 10-11 he'll be heaving it all around the field with confidence. Could be very dangerous. I'm officially jealous.....here we are about to waste Larry Fitzgerald's prime years on either a dud QB or an undrafted free agent rookie
    Alright, we'll take Fitzgerald if you guys don't want to waste him....

Sammy Ocho Bradford is offline Registered User

Lienart move was stupidity, that had the smell of Wisehunt ego imo.

Lets not forget the guy had issues with Ben Rothlesberger as well.

They had this guy on the bench for 4 years, he started only 17 games and you can't give him a run when your other option is Derek Anderson?

Even in Anderson's one good year his accuracy was garbage.
    In the offseason they said Anderson had mechanic issues...