Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yodude is offline Registered User

Re: You have to admit...

Sorry, but Ferter is 100% right on this one. If there is some innate character flaw in you that prevents you from being honest...then just shut the hell up and stop digging holes for yourself.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Wink Re: You have to admit...

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I think he did what he did just to bother you, Ferter.
    Highly doubtful, but thanks for passing the buck onto me, I'll take the heat for ol' mikey boy, but I want a raise, or at least a salary to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude
    Sorry, but Ferter is 100% right on this one. If there is some innate character flaw in you that prevents you from being honest...then just shut the hell up and stop digging holes for yourself.
    So, you expect the Head Coach of the Rams to be 100% perfect in everything that he does, over and above the majority of NFL coaches? :confused:

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude
    Its only dishonest if Martz had reason to know that Faulk was not okay and said he was anyway. You have no basis to make such an accusation, and the only reason you seem to be doing so is that you have a problem with Martz. There is every reason to believe that Martz thought Faulk would be okay, and now MIGHT be proven wrong. That does not make him dishonest.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Its only dishonest if Martz had reason to know that Faulk was not okay and said he was anyway. You have no basis to make such an accusation, and the only reason you seem to be doing so is that you have a problem with Martz. There is every reason to believe that Martz thought Faulk would be okay, and now MIGHT be proven wrong. That does not make him dishonest.
    He said "IF". I really don't see an accusation, besides, that is not the point. The point is Martz saying too much when he does not need to do so. I don't think anyone is saying Martz is dishonest, but that is probably arguable at times, rather, he is a blabber mouth and needs to learn what to say and not to say.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Is that really important to people? What Martz says? Really?

Never knew it meant that much. Me, and it's just me, I just want a coach that either wins or puts the fear of anything into the other team. Martz does that. I don't care if he tells me that everything is hunky dory, or that everything is chaotic. I just love the fact that every game the Rams play, you can see the tension on the other side of the field.

rampower is offline Registered User

Shoot me down in flames on this one, which I am sure everybody will, "obviously martz chucked Warner out the door, so we should try to pick obvious fault in all he does, has done or will do".

Maybe that comment is way wide of the mark, and if so I appologise, but why should he talk about faulk and his knee problems to anyone? Honesty is great, but I don't see other coaches in the league desperate to talk down their players, or their own teams/camps etc, when there is no need, so why should martz?

Hell moments before suprebowl kickoff Tory Holt went upto a camera and said " I got myself another one of these" (superbowl ring), he didn't get one. Does that make him a liar? Should he not have had confidence in their abilty to win? Or was it ott? Depends what side of the fence you sit on I suppose.

hell, Kurt "lied" about how bad his injuries were and came back to play early. Sometimes these guys "lie" with the best intentions. They ae not perfect.

Maybe everybody else knew the absolute obvious that Marshalls knee might never be the same, but what if they (parcells for instance) didn't. Is that beyond the realms of possibilty??

moklerman is offline Registered User

I think he should stick with the "I'm not a doctor" type of response. I know he's used it in the past so I don't see why he couldn't have used it in this case.

Confucious say: "Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool, than open it and remove all doubt".

It's not hard to deflect and give non-anwers if that's your goal. I think Mike may have been excited or obligated to mention the experimental procedure. It's just a guess though.
    Last edited by moklerman; -07-11-2004 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Confucious say: "Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool, than open it and remove all doubt".
    Mark Twain say: "Hey, Confucious, stop stealing my lines or I'll kick you clean accross the Mississippi!"

moklerman is offline Registered User

Was that Samuel? I always thought it was Confucious(sp?). One of these days I'm going to get one of those book of quotes.

How about: "wise man make sure brain engaged before putting mouth in gear"?

I think that was Darryl Waltrip.

Yodude is offline Registered User

So, you expect the Head Coach of the Rams to be 100% perfect in everything that he does, over and above the majority of NFL coaches?
    Absolutely not!

I'm just tired of seeing him with his foot in his mouth.

I certainly don't expect him to tip his hand about the team's draft strategy, or give away anything along the lines of gameplans or something that would help the other team's coaching staff in their preparations when they are playing the Rams.

However, he has shown a history of statements and comments, that in hind sight, appear to be at the least self-contradicting and at the worst flat out dishonest. All I'm saying is that sometimes it's better to just say nothing.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Mark Twain say: "Hey, Confucious, stop stealing my lines or I'll kick you clean accross the Mississippi!"
    Actually Mark Twain plagiarized the Bible for that quote:

"Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent."

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon

"Proverbs 17:28 Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent."
    Confucious, Mark "Sammy Clemmons" Twain, Daryl Waltrip, King Soloman...tom-A-to, tom-a-to

AR, I thought you were the Old Testament scholar around here.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon

Though similar, that quote lacks the panache of the famous Twain quote.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast