Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: You know who doesn't know anything about football?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

You know who doesn't know anything about football?

There's a guy who knows absolutely nothing about football, and his name is "September You."

September You thought that the Ram were a young team that, despite added talent, would struggle to win more than 5-6 games this year.

November You knows better and realizes that, if this year's team does not compete for a playoff spot, its underperforming.

September You recognized that the passing game would probably develop slowly with injuries to two starters on the O line, and two potential starters, along with the influx of rookies in the WR Corps.

November You knows better and realizes that Sam Bradford should have a 95 or better passer rating right now.

September You realized that the Rams couldn't fill all of the holes last offseason, and had sub-par talent at the OLB and S positons.

November You knows better and rightfully criticizes the defenses' failings.

I'm glad September You is gone, because he didn't know anything.
    HUbison likes this.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: You know who doesn't know anything about football?

Any rationale went out the window when we looked like a true NFL team in the early weeks of the season, at least defensively. Regardless, I think we were shown improvement so quickly that it went to our heads and we began having more unrealistic expectations and goals because, well, why not us? Last week we looked like a team on the rise who could play against virtually anyone. Now, considering how poorly we played at home, questions are not only rising but so is tension and patience (or lack thereof). I don't blame our fans for getting excited after many teasing performances by the offense, defense and special teams from different games.

I'm disgusted and I've basically accepted that the season is over (as far as playoffs are concerned). I still want to win every week and end the season on a positive note but my expectations, goals, etc., have changed based on yesterday's performances across the board.

One positive is this: throughout the year this very young team has shown flashes and that's certainly better than nothing. I've accepted that this is not our year long before the season started but being a fan I couldn't help but get excited over some of the things we've seen this year.
    shower beers and ManofGod like this.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Rambos is offline Registered User

September me and November me still believes in the players on this team. November me now wonders if Bradford will be learning his fourth offense next year or soon after. Why does November me wonders this now? November me can't understand why Fisher would say we will be a run first team but yet stops running the ball during a game when we are gashing the other team on the ground.

SJ was avg. 6.2 per carry and was not used, only 13 carries in what was a close game until late in the third quarter.

November me does not think it's the injuries and or the players as much as he did in
    September. November me has to question the coaching staff going into December me.
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-19-2012 at 02:37 PM.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

You know who doesn't know anything about football?

Your a glass is always half full kind of guy avenger that's what I like about you sir. Let me pose you this question though. After seeing the rams rise up and play teams to wire like the lions and *****, be dominant at home , but lay an egg against teams such as jets and dolphins, that doesn't get under your skin knowing the rams have the ability to play at a higher level? We are improving yes everyone can see that, I believe as die-hard fans we expected a little too much from this team.

Rams nation has been so patient over the years , it's hard to be patient another year.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Your a glass is always half full kind of guy avenger that's what I like about you sir. Let me pose you this question though. After seeing the rams rise up and play teams to wire like the lions and *****, be dominant at home , but lay an egg against teams such as jets and dolphins, that doesn't get under your skin knowing the rams have the ability to play at a higher level? We are improving yes everyone can see that, I believe as die-hard fans we expected a little too much from this team.

Rams nation has been so patient over the years , it's hard to be patient another year.
    Let me answer it this way...

When November Me starts asking those types of questions, September Me says "come on... what did you expect?"

I see improvement, young talent, and a future with significant cap room and 4 first round picks in the next two years. For now, that is enough.
    Varg6 and mde8352gorams like this.

Who are you kidding? You're a chronic just like me and you'll be back no matter what!
    Truth likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Well November Me is a realist. Me thought the Jets game was definitely winnable..almost a lock. What has upset November Me is the team being totally outplayed at home by an average opponent.

Time for a snack....
    live4ramin likes this.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

This is what has ticked me off so much over the past 24 hours. How can you be that good against one of the best teams in the NFC away and so bad against one of the league's worst teams at home? The answer is the defining feature of any young team: Inconsistency.

This team, with experience, will (hopefully) become much more consistent and will be a much better team without really improving in any one area.

That's the dream anyway.
    ManofGod likes this.

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Who are you kidding? You're a chronic just like me and you'll be back no matter what!
    And that is what p*sses me off the most. After 40 years I keep coming back for more. I'm getting a little tired of waiting until next year!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    And that is what p*sses me off the most. After 40 years I keep coming back for more. I'm getting a little tired of waiting until next year!
    Like you Fearsome Foursome, I've been doing this for 45 years. I will remain loyal and have faith that Fisher and Snead have the smarts to take us where we want to get. We'll need to grow smarter regarding penalties and get wiser on offense (maybe a new OC, I bet Norv Turner will be available) and become more talented on defense.

Go Rams!

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I will continue to try and be an upbeat September Me, but in all honesty, I am struggling to keep from becoming Comon' April Me.
    RockinRam likes this.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    maybe a new OC, I bet Norv Turner will be available
    The last thing in the world that Sam needs is a 4th OC in 4 years.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

I have a sister that is a manager of a Victoria Secret, and after seeing the Jets game I so wanted to send the Rams team 53 pairs of pink undies to replace their J-straps--wonder if they would get the message?

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Schottys fine. Completely unnecessary and risk Bradford becoming david carresque if he gets fired

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    We are just the metaphorical football junkies and the Rams are our Heroin. Chasing the dragon has never felt so good. hahahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast