Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Are you "red"-y for a change?

Sorry for the corny title.

I feel it's time to discuss this one topic: the red seats.

Why are they in the ED? Were they cheaper? Did we get them for pennies on the dollar from the Redbirds because they bought too many for Busch? Was the person in charge of seat acquisition color blind?

It seems to me an easy fix that would drastically improve the atmosphere. Think about the worst ED moment from this year.........the Chiefs game, right? Looking out seeing all that red. It's bad enough the home colors had to compete with the visiting colors, but they had to compete with the "no shows" colors as well.

What would it take to turn those red seats blue?

I have to assume those plastic seats wouldn't take to paint real well, so let's discuss ripping them out and putting in blue ones:

1. removing 60k red seats --- I'm guessing if one knew what they were doing, they could remove a seat and back within 6 minutes. So 10 seats per hour.....gives us 6,000 man-hours. I'm sure there's some kind of seat-changer-outer union in St. Louis that will have to be hired so say $20/hour x 6000 hours = $120,000

2. acquiring 60k blue seats --- my limited research shows in bulk these seats can be had for about $20 each. So, $20 x 60,000 = $1,200,000

3. installing new seats --- I will assume the fellas that tore down the old ones can put in the new ones at the same rate, so another $120,000

Sub-total = $1,440,000
    less proceeds from selling old seats (I bet on average they could go for $9 a pop) = $540,000

Grand total = $900,000

Now to you, me, and everyone here except Nick (dude gets paid under the table by Kiper for draft info.....Nicky's loaded!) that's a butt-load of money. But as a price to make the ED 1000% better a place for the Rams to play, surely Uncle Stan can cough up.

Am I right?

P.S. If anyone has better insider information, like you're in the stadium seat industry or part of the local seat-changer-outer union, feel free to adjust the figures here.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Re: Are you "red"-y for a change?

I think I told this story before. When the Ram were going to move to St Louis, there was moves afoot to change their uniform colour to Red, hence the red seats.

Luckily, I got to hear about it and soon put paid to that silly idea.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

The Rams in Red does not bare thinking about. The 2 teams I dislike the most is the ***** and Man United.
    Blue all the way, baby!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Maybe someone should remind the Front Office that two of the teams in our division, and the only other team in Missouri wear RED!!!!!!

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

How much is a billboard in st louis to get the message across.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Hm.

Buy blue seats. Or gold seats, or blue seats and gold seats (how cool would that look?). End of story. Don't care what it costs, don't care if you have to hire a seat changer outer union *and* a seat putter in union (would it really surprise anyone?) just do it.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

That's a lot of cash for some seats. However, when your wealth includes 2.1 billion dollars, it doesn't seem like so much. That's 4% of his total money. Now the question is whether he deems it worthy or not.

Jockelite is offline Registered User

Just spray paint the red seats blue seems easy enough!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    I think I told this story before. When the Ram were going to move to St Louis, there was moves afoot to change their uniform colour to Red, hence the red seats.

I remember you telling me this story when I attended my first game at the ED back in 2007 after I brazenly yelled out, "What the HELL is with these red seats??!!".

They need to go. Kroenke can afford it. A red hue every game is simply rediculous. I like HUbs idea of selling off the red seats, I know I'd pay more than $9 for one, or maybe even two. Not to get off topic, but did they sell of the old GSOT turf? If they didn't, they missed a huge opportunity. I would love to have a piece of that stuff.

Back on topic, Dez, you should contact Kroenke's office and propose HUb's idea.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    That's a lot of cash for some seats. However, when your wealth includes 2.1 billion dollars, it doesn't seem like so much. That's 4% of his total money. Now the question is whether he deems it worthy or not.
    4% of 2.1 billion is $84 million dollars. 0.0005% of his wealth would be around $1mill. is my math right, i've never had to count that high (these guys are just TOO rich)

I've never been to the stadium, but my national team in Samoa are Blue, My Rugby team is the "Auckland Blues" All Blacks wear Black, so i wouldnt mind some blue/black/gold seats. maybe Blue seats and Gold seats to spell RAMS.

but i think the EJD would need to do more than changing seat colours to make it a viable NFL stadium in he next couple of years.

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

I'm sorry, but I think your equation is missing one piece...

From my point of view (and that's what I do for a living), the question is not if 1M should cover the change of seats, but how long will it take for the organization to get the 1M back... in other words, if they do change the seats . . . would they see an increase in sales that would payoff the investment in say... 5 years . . .
    I don't know the answer... for the way we played last season I would say, the ticket sales will increase no matter what, but with blue seats, I would say it will take less time to get it!

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Mar Ram View Post
    4% of 2.1 billion is $84 million dollars. 0.0005% of his wealth would be around $1mill. is my math right, i've never had to count that high (these guys are just TOO rich)

I've never been to the stadium, but my national team in Samoa are Blue, My Rugby team is the "Auckland Blues" All Blacks wear Black, so i wouldnt mind some blue/black/gold seats. maybe Blue seats and Gold seats to spell RAMS.

but i think the EJD would need to do more than changing seat colours to make it a viable NFL stadium in he next couple of years.
    Your math was correct. I must've left out a zero (or 3) somewhere.

I haven't been to any other stadiums to see what they are like, but what exactly does an ideal stadium contain?

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post

WoW I never heard that story before! Was it jsut talk or legit rumors? I would of been pissed off! lol
    Would of been a little cool since those are my highschools colors that happened to be the rams to....

Think this is a moot point since we are going to be getting a new stadium one way or another in the next few years...

general counsel is offline Registered User

i would rather donate the cash to the "Sign Logan Mankins Fund"

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Yeah, yeah, winning comes first...but blue seats sure would make the place look more like a Rams home stadium.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast