Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Molotov is offline Registered User

For you St Louiee folks

We just bought our tickets for the Carolina game. We'll see Isaac get his number retired. A couple of questions: Is the metrolink a good option from the airport to downtown? By that, I mean is it safe and easy for an out of towner to use? The price is certainly right. Secondly, is it safe to walk that downtown area after dark? I'm referring to 4th street, Pine, etc, where the hotels are. We might have to walk a half mile around 8 pm Sat night, suitcases in hand, making us easy marks. THANKS And don't try to talk me into that toasted raviolie crap. I'm having a sandwich, thank you.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: For you St Louiee folks

If you walk around saying this: And don't try to talk me into that toasted raviolie crap. It might not be safe .

Don't know about the rest though.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

The Metrolink is a good option from the airport and it's same IMO, as far as walking around downtown at night, I wouldn't do that unless your in a group of people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MACD is offline Registered User

Yeah, watch for drunks who've had too much Maker's Mark though.....

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The Metrolink is a great option from the airport. I take it every year and it takes about 40 minutes to get from the airport to Laclede's Landing/Arch.

As for walking at night, the area around Laclede's Landing is okay, as there are a lot of people and some police presence. The closest hotels are the Drury Inn, Hampton Inn and Lumiere Place.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I've never had any problems walking around at night. Something I should know about?

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

The Metro Link is very safe, as long as you don't get off at the Grand or E St louis stops real late !!

Walking around is cool as long as you stay on the main streets, downtown Washington ave now yuppy condos and trendy wine bars etc

The Landing sucks for adults over 25, can even be dangerous with all the young drunks, go to Soulard just south of downtown or Washington ave area downtown from 15th down.

Lumierre place is worth visiting, even if you don't gamble, and if you can't get to the Hill for Italian, you missed out. Dominics if you like formal, Rigazzis more casual, and of course Charlie Gitto's downtown.
    Barry Waller

Quote Originally Posted by MACD View Post
    Yeah, watch for drunks who've had too much Maker's Mark though.....
    A simple typo and now I'm a drunk? LOL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My main concern is walking from the 8th and Pine metrolink to our hotel around 8 pm on Saturday night. But its only a quarter mile, so we should be okay. But we'll be dragging luggage, which might make us a target of sorts.

We're staying at the Crowne, but it has pretty bad reviews. Might switch to the Hilton or Hampton. That Caleco's Bar and Grille looks like a great option for Sat or Sunday night. Its me and my son. Bummer is, he's 3 months short of 21. So I guess he'll watch me get drunk in our hotel room.

By the way, the NFL schedule shows a Sunday night game, plus an 11 pm game at Wembley, in England. Wouldn't that be like 7 am in the morning in England? What's up with that?

You"ll be fine walking from that station, I'm pretty sure that's the one that's just south of the Ed. Be careful not to venture too far to the north side of the dome, that's can get a little dicey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov View Post
    My main concern is walking from the 8th and Pine metrolink to our hotel around 8 pm on Saturday night. But its only a quarter mile, so we should be okay. But we'll be dragging luggage, which might make us a target of sorts.

We're staying at the Crowne, but it has pretty bad reviews. Might switch to the Hilton or Hampton. That Caleco's Bar and Grille looks like a great option for Sat or Sunday night. Its me and my son. Bummer is, he's 3 months short of 21. So I guess he'll watch me get drunk in our hotel room.

By the way, the NFL schedule shows a Sunday night game, plus an 11 pm game at Wembley, in England. Wouldn't that be like 7 am in the morning in England? What's up with that?
    I would suggest the Hampton Inn, stayed there for the first game,nice,clean hotel,free hot breakfast in the morning and theres an Irish rest/bar conected to the hotel,there is also a small grocery store about 100 yards from there for snacks and beer for the room.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Most of the hotels have shuttles.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

>>>>>> My main concern is walking from the 8th and Pine metrolink to our hotel around 8 pm on Saturday night. But its only a quarter mile, so we should be okay. But we'll be dragging luggage, which might make us a target of sorts.

>>>>>>>>>

Hilton or Hampton probably better, also Adams Mark. Embassy Suites is where lots of out of town fans stay on the Landing. At 8 PM it's pretty safe anywhere downtown. Might see some people begging change that are a bit annoying at times.

Just let your son have some beers in the room. I'm sure he's had a few beers in his young life !!
    Barry Waller

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Molotov View Post
    The game kicks off 6pm GMT..thats 1pm EST.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post

Just let your son have some beers in the room. I'm sure he's had a few beers in his young life !!
    Yeah, no kidding. Not to get off topic, but its crazy that a dad and his 20+ year old son can't have a beer together in a sports bar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast