Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

You want a happy Randy Moss???

If the rams were to claim Moss. Sign him to an multi year extension say a 3year deal. He has been happy in New England when he had multiple years on his deal. Moss is still a top tier Wideout in the NFL when he plays hard. Look at every single Fantasy football rankings for receviers before the year started and he was top 5 in everyone!!!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: You want a happy Randy Moss???

You want a happy Randy Moss???-torry-holt-rams-vs-jets-nov-9-08.jpg

Something just doesn't look right
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

TekeRam is offline Registered User

There's two things wrong with your thinking... One, if were to talk with Moss about an extension, it would be paying for past production as opposed to what he could bring us in the future. Not worth it.

Two, and most important, yes, he was projected to be a top five fantasy WR... meanwhile right now after 8 weeks of games, Moss is 77th... that's right, 77th in receptions. There are 76 players in the NFL that have more catches than your supposedly top 5 WR.

If we bring him in, we bring him in as a mercenary, under his current contract that expires after the year. If he wants to continue playing in the NFL at anything more than a vet minimum contract, he better shape up, start playing his tail off, and get us to the playoffs.
    I believe!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Moss needs to put some numbers up he is not going to get a long term deal until next year. He has too like what he sees in Bradford, I know he does not have a choice as to where he goes but you would hope he thinks he can make some plays with Bradford throwing him the rock.
    Last edited by Rambos; -11-02-2010 at 06:42 PM.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    There's two things wrong with your thinking... One, if were to talk with Moss about an extension, it would be paying for past production as opposed to what he could bring us in the future. Not worth it.

Two, and most important, yes, he was projected to be a top five fantasy WR... meanwhile right now after 8 weeks of games, Moss is 77th... that's right, 77th in receptions. There are 76 players in the NFL that have more catches than your supposedly top 5 WR.

If we bring him in, we bring him in as a mercenary, under his current contract that expires after the year. If he wants to continue playing in the NFL at anything more than a vet minimum contract, he better shape up, start playing his tail off, and get us to the playoffs.
    Woah woah woah big guy, your talking about a proven player no matter how you slice it or dice it. Then second the hoodie was out to prove his coaching prowess by not throwing Moss the ball. Yes his numbers are down but there are extranous variables that go into play that you cannot deny. You can look at his number as you are Teke and take them as say hes not worth it now but if you take a look "inside the numbers" ala john clayton's llttle tidbit on ESPN you can tell there are reasons for this decline, NOT HIS TALENT!!! THE GUY IS 33, NOT 38 PEOPLE... He has tread left

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

I think he has 2 good years left in the tank... I hope the Rams make a move on this guy!! Its the difference between going to the playoffs and loosing out by a game or so. Thats just reality. We need a proven WR.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't sign him long term. If the Rams pick him up, and he leaves at the end of the year, the Rams would be eligible for a compensatory draft choice.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    If we bring him in, we bring him in as a mercenary, under his current contract that expires after the year.

Not necessarily. Your line of thought takes place only if a team pickes him up right away. Once waivers are over with, he becomes an unrestricted free agent... purely a negotiable situation. Waivers period is pretty short... think it ends today in fact, but not 100% sure on that.

I personally, wouldn't want to see the Rams pick him up under his current contract... but I'd be fine if Demoff calls him up to see if something can happen at a reasonable price. (i don't think Moss will accept a reasonable price... but that's a whole different thread...)

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

just found it. waiver period ends this time tomorrow actually. From a prior report:

"Teams have until 4 p.m. ET Wednesday to make a claim. Moss is owed roughly $3 million in salary if he is claimed. If he goes unclaimed then the Vikings are responsible for his full salary and the six-time Pro Bowl pick is an unrestricted free agent eligible to sign with any club."
    Last edited by KoaKoi; -11-02-2010 at 04:05 PM. Reason: dorkness rising. dorkness factor has been fixed.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Woah woah woah big guy, your talking about a proven player no matter how you slice it or dice it. Then second the hoodie was out to prove his coaching prowess by not throwing Moss the ball. Yes his numbers are down but there are extranous variables that go into play that you cannot deny. You can look at his number as you are Teke and take them as say hes not worth it now but if you take a look "inside the numbers" ala john clayton's llttle tidbit on ESPN you can tell there are reasons for this decline, NOT HIS TALENT!!! THE GUY IS 33, NOT 38 PEOPLE... He has tread left
    I know that he's a proven player, and he certainly has the ability to be a top five receiver in the NFL, no question. But the problem has been that he, for the most part, has not given forth the effort required to be an effective player out on the field. He absolutely does have tread left on his tires... but if the desire isn't there, he's a liability, and that's what he's been for all of 2010, coaches "plotting" against him or not.

He had one catch for eight yards on two targets against the Patriots. One catch! You can't tell me that the coaching staff had it out for Moss that they would only target him twice against his old team on purpose. Further, even if there was some plan against Moss, Favre would have thrown it in his direction anyway, if Moss was open. I didn't watch the game, but I can't imagine any scenario that makes sense unless Moss was simply blanketed by the coverage and didn't make himself open to catch passes.

All of this said, I would still highly consider putting in that waiver claim for him, even though he might not put forth that elite effort, for the simple reason that he's better at 60% than any receiver we have active on this roster save Amendola. If you get the motivated Moss, bully. But you bring him in as a fix for the rest of the year, and make him work his butt off for his next contract, whether it's in St. Louis or not. If he's the player that you think he is, bruce, he'll play up to the highest of expectations.
    I believe!

BEER is offline Registered User

I dont like it. I dont like it. I think spags and devany are starting to make me believe they have a plan. I think it continues with no Moss.

macrammer is online now Registered User

IMO Moss epitomizes what is wrong with a large contingent of athletes today. The ME FIRST syndrome. I too can get excited about his potential but I have no enthusiasm given his penchant for just not really standing for anything but Randy. I do not see this personality and attitude fitting with current Ram philosophy. Moss has worn his welcome out in Minnesota, Oakland, NE....Is he really worth it for 8 games?

Truth is offline Registered User

IF we decide to make a claim for Moss, and IF we get him, his values is more than just as a guy to throw the ball to. He has to be respected by defenses. That might open up more for both Jackson and Amandola.

I have mixed emotions about bringing a guy like Moss on board. However, if he plays like he's looking for a contract (not necessarily from the Rams), he could be a good P/U for what's left of our season.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I wouldn't sign him long term. If the Rams pick him up, and he leaves at the end of the year, the Rams would be eligible for a compensatory draft choice.
    Agreed. The only team that would lose on this deal is the Vikings. I wonder who their new coach will be next season?
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I would sign him for this year, and offer a deal according to how he plays for the rest of the year. New England had virtually no problems with him at all for 3 1/2 years. I think he just wants security. Management should tell him hey you want an extension prove it to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast