RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Young Rams must take advantage of opportunities ...

So we're 0-3, battered, yet again, by injuries, struggling to get a win. We watch week after week as small mistakes pile up only to rip victories away ...

I fully expect this team to fold like some satin sheets. They'll give up, they'll give in to losing. They'll start mouthing off to coaches, buy out of the system, and play for next year's contract. By the end of the season, they'll be screaming at fans, and nobody will show up to the Dome ...

Wait a minute, this isn't 2008. Fast forward to the Spags Era. And forget that last paragraph, because it isn't happening here. This tough as nails general, known as Spags, won't let this happen. Watch the field every week, the players believe, they believe in the system, they believe in this guy, they believe in each other. Once it starts to gel, it's going to work, I truly believe that, and its been a long time since I truly did. But hows all this going to happen given the current state of things? Well, it's going to take time, it's going to take patience. And more importantly, some of the young bucks on this team are going to have to become MEN!

Maybe this is not in the best interest of the team, or his career, but I hope Marc Bulger can recover just well enough this week to stroll out on the field against the 49'ers and take charge of this team. He is beaten and bruised, and his shoulder probably hurts like hell. But what better why to motivate a group of young players, some with confidence wavering, some who need that spark to get them over the hill, by walking out there in pain, and saying, "Lets do this guys, nothing can stop us". Sure, Boller gave that "spark", but just like Rich Gannon many years ago, Kyle Boller remembered he was Kyle Boller and his play reflected it. His defiecencies came to the forefront, and he couldn't get us over the hill. DOn't get me wrong, I like Boller, I hope he's the backup here for 6 or 7 years, but we need somebody to lead this team. Bulger is that player, at least for now.

I want to see Bulger come out and play, and stand in that pocket fearlessly, putting all his faith in this line, not afraid to be hurt. Yes, it might an insane thing to do, but let's see who has the balls to stand up and do the job ...

S. Jax is a beast but somebody in the group needs to step up and lend a helping hand. Darby showed the first sign, making a great catch on 3rd down against the Packers to move the chains. He needs to do this on a week to week basis, and more than once a game.

I feel so sorry for Laurent Robinson. He was proving to be a great talent. Something to look forward to next year. Avery needs his confidence back. Everyone seems to forget his spectacular he was at times last year. Hopefully Shurmur sends him deep a few times and lets him get a big grab. He'll be fine. But the one that needs to emerge here is Burton. He plays nearly as big as Robinson despite being a couple inches shorter. He plays nearly as fast as Avery. He has great hands, propensity to run after the catch, and could be a star. Boller singled him out for a burst last week and he looked great. Let's see it all the time.

I want to see J. Lau continue to command that defense like he did last week. I want to see Larry Grant step in for Vobora this week if he cannot go, and to TAKE Vobora's job, not because Vobora is not playing well, but because Grant is playing GREAT! I want Daniel Fells to emerge as a serious threat. I want Fletcher or King to play like a stud, to push Jonathan Wade just a little harder towards becoming a great cornerback.

I want to see Gary Gibson and Clifton Ryan fight their tails off in the trenches, only to have the inevitable happen as LeJuan Ramsey, who has been a wrecking ball in the few plays hes been in, takes one of their jobs. I want to see Chris Long start blowing up QB's.

I want to see Anthony Smith take over at SS and prove a case why he should be the starter there, only to have James Butler come back to be motivated to play even a little better. I want to see Craig Dahl be that hybrid machine on defense that we've lacked for years.

I want to see Amendola bring one to the house, both on a kickoff return and on a slant across the field.

And most importantly, I want this coaching staff to continue to believe in the players and the fans. It's going to happen here, you can just feel it ...

I hope the 49'ers think that this is the SAME OLE SORRY ASS RAMS coming to town this week. They might be in for a rude awakeneing.

I think this is the week to shine!

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Re: Young Rams must take advantage of opportunities ...

Great post!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I love your attitude and outlook. This is a very different team with a new outlook from their HC down to the lowest assistant! We will win this week because it's the hated *****!

Go Rams!

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

I w/ ya .... all except the Bulger part.

Keith Null anyone? I mean, if we're rebuilding ....

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Cant say I agree with you folks one bit although its hard to say that your team sucks or to go through the embarassment it brings as a true team fan. We will not win this week. usually when we play the ***** its a good close game right to the end and then they normally steal it from us.

But not this weekend folks. Im afraid we are just too thin at depth to beat anybody at this point, let alone a 49er team who is playing well right now.

blood85 is offline Registered User

They still have to play the game.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    They still have to play the game.
    damn rite..bring `em on!

one thing i know about the post linehan Rams..we are no longer beaten before we play any game.