Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    maltz88 is offline Registered User

Re: Your Gameplan for the Hawks....

JJ, Hackett, and Hasselbeck beat the Rams in the last game.....

Hawkfandyno is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by maltz88
    JJ, Hackett, and Hasselbeck beat the Rams in the last game.....
    That, and Shaun's 119 yards and 2 td's

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Alright, not bad so far.

Some of you are definately better as Monday Morning Quarterbacks rather than Coaches in the Making.......lol

OFFENSE:
    I want to be careful here and start out conservative. Bulger and Holt have not seen live action in weeks and are bound to be a tad bit rusty.

I'm going to feed Jackson the rock and see what the hawks defense is giving us. I want to start out with the short passes. Get some rhythm going before we stretch the field.

It is important to keep the chains moving. The hawks offense is very hot right now. We need to keep them off the field as much as possible. MOVE THE STICKS with Jackson and some short safe passing.

When we get some field position I want to take some shots down the field, especially if the hawks load up the box against the run. Either way we are going to take some shots with good field position.

Screen passes. I want to keep those in mind. Watch the pursuit and look for opportunities to go to the screen when it becomes set up.

Reverse. I want to run at least one reverse in the direction of Wistrom. He tends to over-pursue and I don't think he recovers as well in this stage of his career.

Stay Balanced. Get Input from my staff and be prepared to adjust.

DEFENSE:
    Nothing Fancy to start the game. The hawks like to establish the run. They have an excellent offensive line. Stay in the base package and Stop the Run.

We need to get them Off the Field. Tight Zone coverage.

Watch the O-line play and look to run some Stunts up front and possibly Blitz in 3rd and Long Situations.

SPECIAL TEAMS:
    Contingency due to Weather conditions. If it is Raining go with deep down the middle punts and make them field the ball. Dry Conditions try and work the Sides of the field. Field Position is Critical. We got burned last time with these guys.

Go for a Punt Block at least one time. We had success with this in our last game and it is worth keeping in mind.

Possible Gamble. This is a Huge Game. We have not really shown our hand with any Trick Plays on special teams. Consider a Fake punt or FG with good field position.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Wow ferter, you are seriously game planning. I thought you wanted to be the owner....sounds like you are the Head coach now.

I think a conservative start for the Bulger, Holt and Bruce is necessary. I would mix up the receiver group this week and use everyone.

Stopping Alexander will be important and the Rams have a decent shot at it since they know his running style.

Improved field position with the new punter will make a big difference from the last game.

I am not sure about trick plays...kinda risky, kinda fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Wow ferter, you are seriously game planning. I thought you wanted to be the owner....sounds like you are the Head coach now.
    Now, how am I gonna be able to call the head coach an idiot, unless I have some expectations? To be fair, as the owner, you should not fire the coach, unless you have some insight. Are you listening Georgia?

I am not sure about trick plays...kinda risky, kinda fun.
    Neither am I. That is why I put - consider-possible gamble - in my notes. Timing, field position and play design are factors. I won't be upset if the coach does go for it with those things in mind. You are correct though, it is risky, especially on the road.

Haterade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Alright, not bad so far.

Some of you are definately better as Monday Morning Quarterbacks rather than Coaches in the Making.......lol
    Well said...remember this isn't Madden.

What worked for the Rams was getting single coverage with Tory Holt.

Using Steven Jackson to pound the ball to set-up either play-action or run a few draw plays.

What didn't work...letting the 2nd-string core of Hackett, Engram and Jurevicious beat the Rams. Poor pass coverage opened up the game all day long for the Seahawks as they exploited the middle of the field with slant passes and abusing your LB's with TE Stevens.

After being abused in the middle part of the field, it allowed Shaun to choose his lane in which to blow by your D-line. A lot of time your LB's were out of position and our 2nd string-WR were able to run-block 5-yards up field to get easy extra yardage.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Smile Re: Your Gameplan for the Hawks....

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    Maybe we should use both Jackson AND Barron as RB's this game....
    I really like Barron as a receiving TE he has shown good hands and he is athletic. Maybe we should put the Sap back at RT and use Barron as the TE. How would you like the assignment of tackling him running full speed at you?

Disclaimer: Use for humor only.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-10-2005 at 09:21 PM.

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Haterade
    ..letting the 2nd-string core of Hackett, Engram and Jurevicious beat the Rams. Poor pass coverage opened up the game all day long for the Seahawks as they exploited the middle of the field with slant passes and abusing your LB's with TE Stevens.

After being abused in the middle part of the field, it allowed Shaun to choose his lane in which to blow by your D-line. A lot of time your LB's were out of position and our 2nd string-WR were able to run-block 5-yards up field to get easy extra yardage.
    hell, if you saw that too, i guess it wasn't just a nightmare...

hey, haterade, what's the weather forecast for the game now? what's the deal with urban being released and who's going to fill for tubbs and sharper...?

maltz88 is offline Registered User

It's calling for mostly cloudy with a chance of rain, a high of 51 with 18mph winds gusting to 30.

Urban was released because of a stress fracture in the same foot he injured last season. He signed an injury waiver when he was picked back up stating that basically if he reinjured his foot he would be released with no injury settlement. They're paying for surgery and rehab, but nothing beyond that. It sucks! He had been playing terrific, was catching everything thrown his way, and always clutch. When Holmgren was asked if Seattle could pick him back up next year he sounded doubtful......said it would be pretty tough to come back from that kind of injury.

Bernard is going to fill in the base defense for Tubbs (he's usually in on passing downs), he's very solid, but not nearly as good at stuffing the run as Tubbs. That will hurt against Jackson.

LeRoy Hill will be filling in for Sharper, he actually started against AZ, but in place of DD Lewis who had been injured. DD is back this week, so Hill will switch sides. So it will Hill, Tatupu, and Lewis.

Sorry, I know I'm not Haterade, but thought I'd fill you in anyway.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Offensively- Pound the heck out of the ball. Smack'em in the mouth. Make there noses bleed. Jackson has the skills to

Defensivly- Play a 3-4 or 4-3 either way keep 3-4 linebackers on the field. Try to stop the run and then leave the CBs and Safetiest to play man2man. If that don't work. Well get a new dcoordinator

Special Teams- Block punts, field goals, and return the ball past the 15yard line
    RamsFan16

rampete is offline Registered User

thanks for the fill in...i think...

haterade just isn't a punctual foe behind enemy lines...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    I really like Barron as a receiving TE he has shown good hands and he is athletic. Maybe we should put the Sap back at RT and use Barron as the TE. How would you like the assignment of tackling him running full speed at you?
    Have you lost your freaki....
    Quote Originally Posted by STL
    Disclaimer: Use for humor only.
    whew, caught that one just in time. That's a good one, STL.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Hawkfandyno is offline Registered User

It's calling for mostly cloudy with a chance of rain, a high of 51 with 18mph winds gusting to 30.

Urban was released because of a stress fracture in the same foot he injured last season. He signed an injury waiver when he was picked back up stating that basically if he reinjured his foot he would be released with no injury settlement. They're paying for surgery and rehab, but nothing beyond that. It sucks! He had been playing terrific, was catching everything thrown his way, and always clutch. When Holmgren was asked if Seattle could pick him back up next year he sounded doubtful......said it would be pretty tough to come back from that kind of injury.

Bernard is going to fill in the base defense for Tubbs (he's usually in on passing downs), he's very solid, but not nearly as good at stuffing the run as Tubbs. That will hurt against Jackson.

LeRoy Hill will be filling in for Sharper, he actually started against AZ, but in place of DD Lewis who had been injured. DD is back this week, so Hill will switch sides. So it will Hill, Tatupu, and Lewis.

according to Sando, looks like Tubbs might be able to go after all.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

get in hasslebecks face, no turnovers and decent special teams play, our offense will score enough points to win.

Haterade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampete
    thanks for the fill in...i think...

haterade just isn't a punctual foe behind enemy lines...
    No, Matlz is not me...but no one really is...

To further complicate the Urban news...his release was rescinded, fancy word for taken-back, so he will remain with the team long enough to get the IR tag. So rather than cut him, but still pay for his medical bills, the Seahawks' FO manned up and took him back so he gets in full half-year salary along with the benefits of still being with the team.

Urban signed a injury-waiver when he was signed again after losing Engram and Jackson in the same week. It stated that the Seahawks could cut Urban if he reinjured the same foot. He did, so they honored the waiver. Holmgren loves Urban's inner-fight so it hurt him to cut him. But since they took it back, all is well. It's good for both sides because they can now stand by the FO's mantra of 'football characters' being a core of this football team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12