Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Your offseason??
What would be YOUR perfect offseason be??
Tell me what changes you would make to the front office, coaching staff and team. Remember to include the draft, resigning our own free agents and picking up new and getting rid of dead weight. Try to work within the perimeters (rough estimates) of the salary cap. Remember winning and selling tickets is the ultimate goal both now and in the future!
Try doing this without reading anyone else's ideas before posting your own. It would be interesting to hear each persons unadulterated ideas of the perfect storm.
Last edited by RamWraith; -12-17-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Re: Your offseason??
Head Coach- Jim Schwartz, DC, Tennessee- Smart defensive guy will establish the run game and make an all around tougher team.
GM- Bill Devaney (promoted) - Owners trust him to head rebuilding effort
Unrestricted Free Agents
OJ Otogwe, FS, Rams- defensive playmaker will be even better under Schwartz
Stacy Andrews, OG/OT, Bengals- Can play anywhere on the right side, gives S-Jax a big guy to push the piles
Ron Bartell, CB, Rams- has developed nicely and will continue to take play to another level under Schwartz.
Andra Davis, MLB, Browns- had his best years in the 4-3 at 250 pounds he is no push over. Won't be overly expensive, but will be the thumper in the middle we need to move Spoon to the weakside.
Duke Preston, C/OG, Bills- Big center 325 pounds who can also play guard. The perfect center for the rebuilt bigger stronger mauling line. Also wouldn't be expensive.
Restricted Free Agent
Victor Adenyanju, DE, Rams- great in the rotation, His sack total will go up in Schwartz scheme
Derek Stanley, WR, Rams- if he can come back from inury at same speed he could end up being a good slot or at worst a good returner
Drew Bennett, WR, Rams- Paid too much to be a number 3 or 4 option
Trent Green. QB, Rams- To old to frail if he deosn't retire he gets released
Corey Chavous, SS, Rams- Older slower, Rams go for a younger bigger SS to compliment OJ
1. Andre Smith, OT, Alabama- fits the new O-line mold. He imedeatly starts at RT and will be a dominant Mauler until Pace retires and he shifts to the left side. S-Jax will be going right alot
2. Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky- Great Lockdown corner and play makerr will compliment Bartell. He just needs to put on a little weight to his 6ft frame
3. Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston State- QB of the future verry talented can develop behind Bulger
4. Chip Vaughn, SS, Wake Forrest- Heavy hitter with good size he is no slouch in coverage. Probably won't start immedeatly, but after the coaches see his impac on special teams they will before forced to give hime some playing time
5. Terrence Taylor, DT, Michigan- another big body we need in the middle
6. Marcus Thigpen, RB, Indiana- Fast versatile all purpose threat could immdeatly come in back up S-JAX and be our own version of Leon Washington
7. Brandon Swain, DE, Western Texas A&M- Situational guy adds another body to the deep rotation Schwartz likes
Rams get bigger stronger. Bulger will play better with the line in front of him. He also will be asked to do less.
Last edited by 39thebeast; -12-17-2008 at 08:43 PM.
By evil disco man in forum RAM TALKReplies: 13Last Post: -04-05-2007, 05:57 PM
By RamWraith in forum RAM TALKReplies: 7Last Post: -01-24-2007, 10:02 PM
By HUbison in forum RAM TALKReplies: 4Last Post: -03-24-2005, 09:49 PM
By r8rh8rmike in forum NFL TALKReplies: 0Last Post: -02-16-2005, 11:23 PM
By AvengerRam in forum RAM TALKReplies: 2Last Post: -12-31-2004, 11:38 PM