Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

  1. #1
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,491
    Rep Power
    167

    You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

    So what has happened in the last two weeks...

    The Rams went from 1-3 to 3-3.

    The Rams outscored their opponents 72-33.

    The Rams defense and special teams combined for 7 turnovers and 2 TDs, while the offense did not turn the ball over at all.

    Sam Bradford completed 31-50 passes for 339 yards, 6 TDs and 0 Ints. (passer rating of 121.6).

    Zac Stacy ran the ball 32 times for 157 yards.

    Alec Ogletree had 15 tackles, 2 passes defended, 1 interception, a forced fumble and a TD.

    Michael Brockers had 10 tackles, 3 sacks and a forced fumble.


    I'd say things are looking up from a fortnight ago.

    So...

    What will happen in the next fortnight?

    Stay tuned.
    VegasRam and Aussie Dave like this.


  2. #2
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,963
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

    “So, how is everybody?” Fisher said with a devilish smirk flashing across his face. “Anybody have any questions regarding what just happened?”
    MauiRam likes this.

  3. #3
    VegasRam's Avatar
    VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Age
    66
    Posts
    1,398
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    So what has happened in the last two weeks...

    The Rams went from 1-3 to 3-3.

    The Rams outscored their opponents 72-33.

    The Rams defense and special teams combined for 7 turnovers and 2 TDs, while the offense did not turn the ball over at all.

    Sam Bradford completed 31-50 passes for 339 yards, 6 TDs and 0 Ints. (passer rating of 121.6).

    Zac Stacy ran the ball 32 times for 157 yards.

    Alec Ogletree had 15 tackles, 2 passes defended, 1 interception, a forced fumble and a TD.

    Michael Brockers had 10 tackles, 3 sacks and a forced fumble.


    I'd say things are looking up from a fortnight ago.

    So...

    What will happen in the next fortnight?

    Stay tuned.
    The poster child for putting things in perspective.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

  4. #4
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,219
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...



    Ha! Thanks for adding a new word to my English vocabulary, fortnight. Had never seen it before and only knew of its Spanish rendering, 'quincena' [keen-SEH-nah (which technically means 15 days)].


    Nevertheless, an interesting account of the Rams accomplishments!

    Last edited by RealRam; -10-15-2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Off topic

  5. #5
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,491
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post


    Ha! Thanks for adding a new word to my English vocabulary, fortnight. Had never seen it before and only knew of its Spanish rendering, 'quincena' [keen-SEH-nah (which technically means 15 days)].


    Nevertheless, an interesting account of the Rams accomplishments!

    I'm betting that Dez and some of our other friends from accross the pond know what a fortnight is!

  6. #6
    Trevor's Avatar
    Trevor is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vicenza, Italy From Hagerstown, MD
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,289
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

    Everyone gave up on the season 2 weeks ago and I still had faith.

  7. #7
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,950
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Everyone gave up on the season 2 weeks ago and I still had faith.
    Everyone? Really? I beg to differ. I saw frustration from losing and getting blown away but I have not seen anyone on this board or outside of this in the Ram community "give up"
    PARamfan likes this.

  8. #8
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,632
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

    Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Everyone? Really? I beg to differ. I saw frustration from losing and getting blown away but I have not seen anyone on this board or outside of this in the Ram community "give up"
    I believe most of us are expecting to go 9-7 or so...meaning we would have to lose 4 more games to make that record. Losing three games this early is unexpected and does make us wonder - then we see our team devastate the Texans, and we know it's all good.
    PARamfan likes this.

  9. #9
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,088
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post


    Ha! Thanks for adding a new word to my English vocabulary, fortnight. Had never seen it before and only knew of its Spanish rendering, 'quincena' [keen-SEH-nah (which technically means 15 days)].


    Nevertheless, an interesting account of the Rams accomplishments!

    How about Catorce dias? That's about it for my Espanol at this time......

    Oye! como va!

  10. #10
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,219
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    How about Catorce dias? That's about it for my Espanol at this time......

    Oye! como va!



    Yes, you're right, 'catorce días' is 14 days in español. ¡Muy bien!

    However, the usual and traditional term for 'two weeks' is < quincena > because it is divisive of a month's "30 days" in two, i.e., two 15 day periods, < quince > [KEEN-seh] meaning 15.

    This accounting is obviously not precise given the 31 and 28/29 day months. The general idea is, for example, "me pagan cada quincena" -- 'I am paid every 15 days' or, 'two weeks / bi-monthly'.

    Wouldn't it be interesting if the Rams had a 'gran victoria' every quincena?

    A big win every two weeks would yield what, a 9-7 record? If we could also win the odd / final week too!

    GO RAMS EVERY WEEK!
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-16-2013 at 02:22 AM. Reason: RAM

  11. #11
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,597
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

    So we beat the worst team in football, and the team struggling the most in successive weeks.

    While I am thrilled we won those games, I'm not quite ready to declare this some major turnaround just yet.

    There is certainly more work to do, particularly on defense.

  12. #12
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,491
    Rep Power
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    So we beat the worst team in football, and the team struggling the most in successive weeks.

    While I am thrilled we won those games, I'm not quite ready to declare this some major turnaround just yet.

    There is certainly more work to do, particularly on defense.
    Have you ever been happy?

  13. #13
    FestusRam's Avatar
    FestusRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Festus, Missouri
    Posts
    1,169
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    So we beat the worst team in football, and the team struggling the most in successive weeks.

    While I am thrilled we won those games, I'm not quite ready to declare this some major turnaround just yet.

    There is certainly more work to do, particularly on defense.
    Oh. So you're the "glass is half empty and most likely spiked" kinda guy.
    Rammed likes this.

  14. #14
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Everyone gave up on the season 2 weeks ago and I still had faith.
    Wow........ Really?....


    THE DREAM TEAM

  15. #15
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,226
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Everyone gave up on the season 2 weeks ago and I still had faith.
    Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Everyone? Really? I beg to differ. I saw frustration from losing and getting blown away but I have not seen anyone on this board or outside of this in the Ram community "give up"
    I'll be honest. I had given up during the third qtr of the 49whiners game, and said I wouldn't watch another game until they were worth watching. But then Sunday came around, and I just coudn't stay away. I love my RAMS too much. Fortunately, the last two games were worth watching, and the RAMS were actually fun to watch most of the Houston game.

    I guess I was just venting, and I couldn't really give up. It just isn't in my nature to quit, even when I want to.


    gap
    .
    PARamfan and renrawtruk like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. it's things like this...
    By citr92 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-25-2012, 12:32 AM
  2. some things i did not know about suh
    By TakeSuh in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: -04-15-2010, 07:21 PM
  3. Maybe things aren't so bad
    By Chris58 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -08-15-2008, 02:52 AM
  4. Some Things You May Not Know...
    By AlphaRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: -10-24-2007, 09:05 AM
  5. First Things First
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-09-2005, 09:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •