throwback week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: You've got to take things fortnight by fortnight...

If you look at the Rams since Fisher took over, the team has a record of 10-11-1 (one penalty away from .500).

During that time, it hasn't always been win one week, lose the next. Last year, for example, the Rams had a losing streak of 3 games, and a winning streak of 3 games. This year, we've had a losing streak of 3 games, and are currently on a 2 game win streak.

With a young team, this is probably to be expected, and nobody should be too surprised if the trend continues.

I think that it will be 2014 before the team gets "over the hump" and wins 10 or more games, but we're still headed in the right direction.
    PARamfan likes this.

MACD is offline Registered User

I believe I heard a talking head mention that Shiano is 1-9 for his last 10 games at Tampa Bay. Fisher is 5-5. I don't know exactly where the Rams are at on that long curve that is "turning the corner," but I doubt it's halfway. Good lord, the turnover on the roster alone last year necessitates a good year or two to build on.

It will be interesting to see how we build on last week's win against Carolina: Stacy's rushing, great game-planning, defensive pressure, protection for QB...and so on.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    I'll be honest. I had given up during the third qtr of the 49whiners game, and said I wouldn't watch another game until they were worth watching. But then Sunday came around, and I just coudn't stay away. I love my RAMS too much. Fortunately, the last two games were worth watching, and the RAMS were actually fun to watch most of the Houston game.

I guess I was just venting, and I couldn't really give up. It just isn't in my nature to quit, even when I want to.

gap
    Hi Everybody,

nice to meet you
    renrawtruk and gap like this.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Everyone gave up on the season 2 weeks ago and I still had faith.
    I really don't think there were all that many "THE SKY IS FALLING!!!" posts. Just real constructive criticism of the way the team was playing that WAS warranted at the time.
    bruce4life and renrawtruk like this.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    I believe most of us are expecting to go 9-7 or so...meaning we would have to lose 4 more games to make that record. Losing three games this early is unexpected and does make us wonder - then we see our team devastate the Texans, and we know it's all good.
    Two weeks ago I still thought 7-8 wins was possible now I'm back to hoping for 9-10!

Randart is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post

Ha! Thanks for adding a new word to my English vocabulary, fortnight. Had never seen it before and only knew of its Spanish rendering, 'quincena' [keen-SEH-nah (which technically means 15 days)].

Nevertheless, an interesting account of the Rams accomplishments!

RR you must not play tennis mate... Wimbledon the oldest tournament I know of is often referred to as a fornight of tennis, etc!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Randart View Post
    RR you must not play tennis mate... Wimbledon the oldest tournament I know of is often referred to as a fornight of tennis, etc!

Reallyeeee, hmm. "Often referred to"? "Et cetera?" ...And is it "fornight"? Tennis or not - come on.
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-17-2013 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Off topic

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Have you ever been happy?
    I am just like most good coaches, who would tell the team, "enjoy this one tonight boys, because there's more work to do tomorrow."

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    Oh. So you're the "glass is half empty and most likely spiked" kinda guy.
    If you must know sir, I do not drink anything that would alter my ability to think. I just call'em how I see'em, and I certainly see nothing wrong with that, do you?

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

To put it in perspective, the Rams beat the Jags and Texans. Those two teams have a combined 2-10 record. The Rams should have put up those numbers IF they are who we hoped they are. Let's see where they are when they play the Seahawks and Niners (again).
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    To put it in perspective, the Rams beat the Jags and Texans. Those two teams have a combined 2-10 record. The Rams should have put up those numbers IF they are who we hoped they are. Let's see where they are when they play the Seahawks and Niners (again).
    The Texans were a Final 8 team last year and we blew them out in their house. Don't discount that just because they're in a slump.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

The Texans were a Final 8 team last year and we blew them out in their house. Don't discount that just because they're in a slump.
    Even though I thought the Jags game was our turnaround in the season and a momentum builder, why shouldn't we forget about last years Texans? Last years Chiefs were the worst in the league and are currently the best team in the NFL (as well as the Broncos). 1 year in football is worth 1000 regular years. The Texans from last year have 0 impact on the Texans of this year.

With all that being said, I still believe they are a talented team and I'm very impressed we stomped them out like that. A W is a W and I don't care who it's against.

THE DREAM TEAM

If you guys want to play the "yes, but..." game every time the Rams win, that's your business.

I suppose you won't be impressed if we beat Carolina this week because they have a losing record?

How about the following week against Seattle? If we win, will people post "we're supposed to win division games at home"?

I'm happy with the last two weeks. I recognize that it guarantees NOTHING with respect the remaining games. But, for now, I'm content.

macrammer is offline Registered User

If you guys want to play the "yes, but..." game every time the Rams win, that's your business.

I suppose you won't be impressed if we beat Carolina this week because they have a losing record?

How about the following week against Seattle? If we win, will people post "we're supposed to win division games at home"?

I'm happy with the last two weeks. I recognize that it guarantees NOTHING with respect the remaining games. But, for now, I'm content.
    I hear you .....I must admit, I was not feeling less then elated after the Jag game.....suppose I was more happy Rams did not lose to that team BUT a win in the NFL is hard to come by. period. Then the boys took it to the Texans on the ROAD. So I am very happy where the team is right now given a few weeks back.

Carolina will be tough. look forward to see what transpires.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Exactly why I posted the "This Game Means Nothing" thread. There will always be some who refuse to see the upside.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast