Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RebelYell

Thread: Zac Stacy and Alec Ogletree having very good rookie years

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Zac Stacy and Alec Ogletree having very good rookie years

Zac Stacy has 348 yards rushing (despite the fact that he has started only 4 games) with a very respectable 4.6 ypc average. I have been impressed with his vision and his decisiveness in hitting the hole. His physical style of running will likely result in bumps and bruises, so he'll need help, but he has the look of a guy who can be the primary workhorse.

Alec Ogletree is second among rookies with 53 tackles, and has also added 5 passes defended, 3 forced fumbles and a pick-6. I think the sky is the limit for Alec, who will only get better as his ability to read defenses catches up to his obvious physical gifts.

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Re: Zac Stacy and Alec Ogletree having very good rookie years

Yes - I will be positive on this thread and state before the draft I thought both these guys would be great even begging that we draft Stacy in the 5th and when they made the pick it was great. Let's continue to hope for bigger things for the both of them.

Trevor is offline Registered User

So, the question is, who is our Rookie of the year? Guess we'll have to wait and see at the end of the season.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Zac turns a 2-3 yard run into a 6 yard pickup by driving the pile forward. That's how you sustain drives.
    bruce4life and UK Ramfan 83 like this.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

With Stacy playing well, it allows Richardson a chance to excel at the spot he did last season. Richardson is a 8-10 touch guy a game. He's not a workhorse but can help out in the running game if used properly. Yesterday I saw for the first time the Rams run a sweep for Richardson. They ran this play countless times last season, was befuddling not to see it in the playbook until game 8.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Olgretree is looking great so far, and really brings some big playmaking ability to our defense. He needs to be a little more disciplined in his approach though, and wrap up the tackle sometimes instead of going for the strip. He'll need to work on his block shedding too, but I think you couldn't really ask for a better start to his career so far.

Stacy's production has been refreshing and I wouldn't have predicted such a fast start from him. I'm wondering why we waited so long to pull the trigger to be honest.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I agree on both counts. Stacy has improved each week and could be a big time option for us offensively. I was not only impressed by his production last night but also by how well he protected the football against an excellent defense.

Ditto for Ogletree. He hasn't disappointed, and has justified his selection spot in the draft.

Nice to be able to post something positive on a thread after a day's worth of questions and frustration from last night's game.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Zac Stacy has 348 yards rushing (despite the fact that he has started only 4 games) with a very respectable 4.6 ypc average. I have been impressed with his vision and his decisiveness in hitting the hole. His physical style of running will likely result in bumps and bruises, so he'll need help, but he has the look of a guy who can be the primary workhorse.

Alec Ogletree is second among rookies with 53 tackles, and has also added 5 passes defended, 3 forced fumbles and a pick-6. I think the sky is the limit for Alec, who will only get better as his ability to read defenses catches up to his obvious physical gifts.
    Deuces wild for the Rams rookies. Stacy is 2nd among all rookies in Rushing Yards. Ogletree is 2nd among all rookies in Tackles. Austin is 2nd among all rookies in Receptions.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think the sky is the limit for Alec, who will only get better as his ability to read defenses catches up to his obvious physical gifts.
    I'm pretty sure you meant, Alec will only get better as his ability to read offenses, gets better. And I concur.