Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Zac Stacy, Our O-line, the Panthers ..

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Zac Stacy, Our O-line, the Panthers ..

Quote Originally Posted by panthers55 View Post
    We have played against Peterson, Lynch and Spiller and we average giving up 86 yards a game against the run. Stacy is not going to run wild this week. The game will be on Bradford to win or lose. If he doesn't have a big game you better hope our offense lays an egg which it has on occasion. In two home games we are averaging giving up 6 points a game.
    You guys have certainly done a pretty good job of minimizing the opposition's running game. But I have to ask......what happened in the Bills game?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Tell me again how the Seahawks don't play well on the road and don't score points. Lynch is rolling and the Seahawks have 24 in the third already in Arizona. Yeah it was no big deal to keep them to 12 points and kept Lynch to 54 yards.
    Before yesteday's game. Seahawks were 1-9 ATS and 0-3 SU on the road for the last two years. They're points per game averaged only 22.4 pts a game. ( Take off Buffalo Bills game from last season and avergage drops to 17.9) Point being when I made that comment is that Seahawks prior games showed statistical evidence that they played decent to below average on road.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Tell me again how the Seahawks don't play well on the road and don't score points. Lynch is rolling and the Seahawks have 24 in the third already in Arizona. Yeah it was no big deal to keep them to 12 points and kept Lynch to 54 yards.
    Meanwhile while you where holding Lynch down Wilson had 320 passing yards completed 75.8 percent of his passes for a 115.7 RAT.

I think you guys have a great front seven and it will be tough running the ball. Stacy has not run wild on anyone, he runs hard and is a load to bring down. Should be a great challenge for the Rams up front.

I'm looking at a hard fought game for both teams.

panthers55 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    You guys have certainly done a pretty good job of minimizing the opposition's running game. But I have to ask......what happened in the Bills game?
    We asked ourselves the same thing. We have to always be careful when we pressure running quarterbacks. Sometimes we force them to run which is where they are most dangerous. Wilson seems for example to play better on the run tham in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Meanwhile while you where holding Lynch down Wilson had 320 passing yards completed 75.8 percent of his passes for a 115.7 RAT.

I think you guys have a great front seven and it will be tough running the ball. Stacy has not run wild on anyone, he runs hard and is a load to bring down. Should be a great challenge for the Rams up front.

I'm looking at a hard fought game for both teams.
    He was ridiculous and his receivers made circus catches that I really couldn't believe. We would have better just keeping him in the pocket and not pressuring him. It seems he plays much better on the run than in the pocket. The question this week will be to blitz or just pressure with the front four. Bradford is better against the blitz than he is when he is just hurried. Should be a dilemma for a defense coordinator who likes to dial up the pressure.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

We asked ourselves the same thing. We have to always be careful when we pressure running quarterbacks. Sometimes we force them to run which is where they are most dangerous. Wilson seems for example to play better on the run tham in the pocket.
    I'm confused. The Bills put up rushing yards with their RBs; mainly Spiller. I think Manuel only had 13 yards on 4 runs.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post

My profound thanks there 55 for posting the third quarter score in last night’s game. Very thoughtful of you indeed. Where I live, I can’t watch the game live – I have to record it and watch later. One nice thing about our “Rams Talk” is that one can read about the Rams without spoilers - well most of the time anyway .. Feel free to drop by anytime.
    At least I didn't tell you the final score and really do you want to talk or read about the rams without counterpoint or discussion from opposing fans? As long as I am not being a troll, isn't is boring if everyone says the same thing? Look at your traffic here versus my forum at Carolinahuddle where we have lots of opposing fans and opinions. In fact some of the names here have posted over there today. Seems to me some pregame respectful dialogue back and forth spices things up....

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'm confused. The Bills put up rushing yards with their RBs; mainly Spiller. I think Manuel only had 13 yards on 4 runs.
    Half of those yards were on one carry by Spiller (46). The rest of the time he had 58 yards on 15 carries. Once again Fua who is a sorry backup was in since Dwan Edwards was hurt. Spiller ran it right up the gut. No excuses just an explanation. By the way, Edwards is healthy finally this week.
    The issue with Manuel was not the running yards but the fact we couldn't sack him as he was slippery and he make a great drive to beat us with 2 seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Before yesteday's game. Seahawks were 1-9 ATS and 0-3 SU on the road for the last two years. They're points per game averaged only 22.4 pts a game. ( Take off Buffalo Bills game from last season and avergage drops to 17.9) Point being when I made that comment is that Seahawks prior games showed statistical evidence that they played decent to below average on road.
    I guess that is why you can't look at history to tell how a team will do this year. Each team is different and how they do one year is not necessarily a good indicator of how they do the next year. Look at Kansas City. Except maybe Jacksonville.......

Rambos is online now Registered User

He was ridiculous and his receivers made circus catches that I really couldn't believe. We would have better just keeping him in the pocket and not pressuring him. It seems he plays much better on the run than in the pocket. The question this week will be to blitz or just pressure with the front four. Bradford is better against the blitz than he is when he is just hurried. Should be a dilemma for a defense coordinator who likes to dial up the pressure.
    I would think if you can get there with four that would be best. Bradford had a really good game against the blitz last week.

Bradford comes out in his rookie year and sets some rookie records, Cam comes out and breaks a lot of them. With all the talk now going to the class of 2012, Luck RG3 ect. Do you feel Cam is kind of being lost in the shuffle? Bradford is only 25 but he's never mentioned as one of the young QB, I'm sure his play has something to do about that. But Cam seems like he also is not getting much attention these days? Justified?

richtree is offline Registered User

3 Keys to this game:

1. Get a lead in first 20min of game
    2. Big plays either 2 long runs/passes or defensive / sp Teams (either way 2 of these)
    3. Bradford - One of the best passing defenses he needs to throw darts and take the hit already....stop opting out of the long dart for the short pass (mostly because he doesn't like the hit)

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

At least I didn't tell you the final score and really do you want to talk or read about the rams without counterpoint or discussion from opposing fans?
    No you didn't, but I didn't want to know any of the score .. I was pissed off at the time, and hence the sarcastic remark.

As long as I am not being a troll, isn't is boring if everyone says the same thing? Look at your traffic here versus my forum at Carolina huddle where we have lots of opposing fans and opinions. In fact some of the names here have posted over there today. Seems to me some pregame respectful dialogue back and forth spices things up....
    I didn't criticize your opinions, just voiced my displeasure at the posting of the score on game night. Certainly it is a good thing to hear from fans of other teams - there is a Seahawk guy that we hear from immediately prior to playing them. "Skyhawk" I think is his name. I enjoy reading input from fans of other teams, so please disregard my snarky "feel free" remark - the game's over and it is a new day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12