Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Richbert88

Thread: Zack Stacy

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Zack Stacy

Found this on Bleacher Report so take it for what it's worth, however, I found this to be a decent observation / evaluation. IMO, I am sure all will agree, Rams were extremely fortunate in last years draft. Now, do it again.

Power
    20/25
    Zac Stacy (5'8", 224 lbs, one season) consistently finishes plays moving forward. He doesn't carry much weight on his slender frame, but he does get low and keeps his legs moving through contact.

Speed
    20/25
    Although it's tougher to notice than, say, the speed of LeSean McCoy or Chris Johnson, Stacy has overwhelming speed. He isn't exceptionally fast running in straight lines, but his quickness and burst are incredible.

Vision
    35/40
    Everything with Stacy is subtle. His ability to pick apart a defense or evade defenders in tight spaces can be tough to see on initial viewing, but the impact is often huge.

Receiving
    6/10
    Stacy's value is as a runner. He is a competent catcher of the football, but not a dynamic threat in the passing game.

Overall
    81/100
    If the 2013 draft was held today, Stacy, a fifth-round pick, would have been one of the many backs looking to force their way into the first round. At worst, he should never have escaped the second round. He has traits that should allow him to be a productive back for a long time at this level.

Overall Rank: 23
    Last edited by Richbert88; -05-08-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Semper Fi!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Zack Stacy

Power
    20/25
    Zac Stacy (5'8", 224 lbs, one season) consistently finishes plays moving forward. He doesn't carry much weight on his slender frame, but he does get low and keeps his legs moving through contact.
    5'8" - 224 - slender frame? That's kind of a stretch. The guy is built like a fireplug.

Speed
    20/25
    Although it's tougher to notice than, say, the speed of LeSean McCoy or Chris Johnson, Stacy has overwhelming speed. He isn't exceptionally fast running in straight lines, but his quickness and burst are incredible.
    Overwhelming speed? yet can't run fast in a straight line. Perfect example of nonsequitur, no?

Vision
    35/40
    Everything with Stacy is subtle. His ability to pick apart a defense or evade defenders in tight spaces can be tough to see on initial viewing, but the impact is often huge.
    Subtle? Dragging 2 or 3 tacklers for 5 yards is subtle? I think Stacy's vision is exceptional, allowing him to find running lanes when it appears there aren't any. IMO it is his exceptional vision, low to the ground leverage/power that are his best attributes.

Receiving
    6/10
    Stacy's value is as a runner. He is a competent catcher of the football, but not a dynamic threat in the passing game.
    If dynamic refers to home run speed, I'd agree. If dynamic referred to "keeping the chains moving," then not so much. It will be fun to see how often a healthy Sam B. chucks it to Zac in 2014.

Overall
    81/100
    If the 2013 draft was held today, Stacy, a fifth-round pick, would have been one of the many backs looking to force their way into the first round. At worst, he should never have escaped the second round. He has traits that should allow him to be a productive back for a long time at this level.
    Agreed!

citr92 is offline Registered User

5'8"....224 lbs...."slender frame"?

Okay...i'm 5'8.5" 155 lbs...THAT'S a slender frame, i'm not a twig lol, but the dude has almost 70 lb on me

don't think that's slender, heck, 5'8" 195 is pretty big

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    5'8" - 224 - slender frame? That's kind of a stretch. The guy is built like a fireplug.

Agreed!
    on the same page, yeh! lol

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Brilliant! Now let's find him some help on Saturday.

Go Rams!

jjigga3000 is online now Registered User

You can't play RB in this league with a slender frame

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

I really like Stacy, but can't shake the feeling that everyone around me feels that the rb position is no longer a problem and Rams found the guy they can ride for many years to come.

Call me paranoid, but he's going to need a lot of OL help to sustain anything remotely close to his initial 5 game stretch.

Thought the clanram modcast done by Nick (look for it as a sticky thread!) was excellent when it pointed out and analyzed the nosedive Stacy's YPA took in the last quarter of the season.

Again, I think Stacy is great, but i'm only cautiously optimistic at this point.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KoaKoi View Post
    I really like Stacy, but can't shake the feeling that everyone around me feels that the rb position is no longer a problem and Rams found the guy they can ride for many years to come.

Call me paranoid, but he's going to need a lot of OL help to sustain anything remotely close to his initial 5 game stretch.

Thought the clanram modcast done by Nick (look for it as a sticky thread!) was excellent when it pointed out and analyzed the nosedive Stacy's YPA took in the last quarter of the season.

Again, I think Stacy is great, but i'm only cautiously optimistic at this point.
    Spot on point. I continue to state that G. Robinson (if picked) makes "six" positions better. He helps QB, both WRs, the TE, RB and the guy next to him on the line.

Get that OL fixed, run the ball and watch the play action.
    RealRam and SWFCRAM like this.
    Semper Fi!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KoaKoi View Post

Thought the Clanram modcast done by Nick (look for it as a sticky thread!) was excellent when it pointed out and analyzed the nosedive Stacy's YPA took in the last quarter of the season.

Well said amigo, Modcast included.