Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Re: The Zen of AvengerRam

guys I have a secret to share. I went to one game in 2002 ( the Bucs vs the bears) and the winner went to the super bowl. I went to the Rams vs the panthers in 2003 and the panthers went to the super bowl. I went to the Bears vs Green bay in 2006 and the Bears went to the super bowl. I reenlisted in the Army in 2008 and Drew Brees came to my reenlistment cerimony, and he went on to win the super bowl.

Every time I see a game live, meet a player in person, one of the teams goes to the super bowl. This year I will be at the Rams vs the cardinals in ST Louis. This could lead to something great.

GO RAMS BEAT CARDS

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post
    guys I have a secret to share. I went to one game in 2002 ( the Bucs vs the bears) and the winner went to the super bowl. I went to the Rams vs the panthers in 2003 and the panthers went to the super bowl. I went to the Bears vs Green bay in 2006 and the Bears went to the super bowl. I reenlisted in the Army in 2008 and Drew Brees came to my reenlistment cerimony, and he went on to win the super bowl.

Every time I see a game live, meet a player in person, one of the teams goes to the super bowl. This year I will be at the Rams vs the cardinals in ST Louis. This could lead to something great.

GO RAMS BEAT CARDS

Tears are already dripping down my face. To get double luck, you will be meeting Isaac Bruce aswell, right?

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lordwhttgr View Post

GO RAMS BEAT CARDS

Cards win the Superbowl?
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Cards win the Superbowl?

lol dammit!!

Edit: 100 posts and it only took four years

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

All any fan wants from their favorite team that has been irrelevant, is to see a flicker of light in the darkness. I just want to see the Rams flash a little hope our way. Can't call yourself a sharpshooter if your taking shots and hitting the
    broadside of the barn consistently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I don't know what it is.

Maybe, its just that I have a lot of other things going on in my life.

Maybe, its because I'm getting older.

Whatever the reason, I just don't seem to have it in me to get angry about the inevitable criticism, teeth-gnashing, scapegoat hunting and condemnation of the Rams. In the past, I had a passion for providing counter-arguments for every over-the-top, knee-jerk, broad-brushed comment about the team, its players, the coaching staff and the ownership.

I just don't have it in me any more.

I see a lot of hope for this franchise. I believe that there is a young core of players that is bound to produce some significant contributers. I look at Kroenke's rise to power as a sign of good things to come. I believe that there will be more to cheer for this year than most believe there will be, and a playoff appearance within 2-3 years.

I know there are some who doubt this, or wholly disagree. That's fine. I'm tired of arguing. I'm tired of having to explain such obvious concepts as "every team has injuries," or "a player who's been in the league for 3 games cannot be described as a bust."

Its enough already.

I just want to be a fan. To enjoy the anticipation of each Sunday. To cheer until the clock reads 0:00. To find reason for hope even when things are down.

That's what made being a fan fun for me when I was a kid. Why should it be different now?

For those "naysayers" out there... well... I've fought the good fight against you. I'll continue to try to drown you out with my optimism, but I'm done playing your game. Nothing will ever eradicate those types of "fans," so why bother trying?

There's a big circle around 9/12/10 on my calendar. I get to travel to St. Louis once more and watch the start of another Rams season. I will do so with the belief, even if unrealistic, that this could be the year when it all turns around.

I can't wait.
    It's a trap. No way in hell you can go back to being the fan you were as a kid. AV will be lurking in the tall grass and will ponce when given the chance.Your passion for the team and for getting yoyr point across can'T fade that quick.......or maybe it has been fading. I don't buy it. And old man told me once...(" if you give your shoes to someone in need........... you may find down the road you want them back!"). LOL
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Don't get me wrong. My passion for the team has not diminished one bit.

I just don't have the patience to argue about the details.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Well, looks like some of us are going to have to pick up the slack, then.

There aren't any high expectations for this team heading into the season. They're very young and many mistakes will be made along the way which will be frustrating. I think it'll be an enjoyable season to watch, though. All I want to see is a team that's competitive, disciplined, and to see some improvement from the younger "core" players.

I can understand why you'd get tired of debating all the petty stuff over and over. The fact that the Rams are in the rebuilding stage will make it easy for pessimists to criticize the team, but that's fine. However unreasonable some complaints might seem, it keeps us ultra-optimists on our toes and adds some variety to the ClanRam forums.

"Serenity now!"

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

"Zen" and "AvengerRam" are two things I have a hard time putting together.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Well - Well

It sounds like you have come full circle. Of course you never truly ventured anywhere. It's always been there, inside, ever since you became a Rams Fan as a young child.

It should not be any different now.

I say embrace it, cheer, have fun, and believe.

Having this spirit inside and recognizing where and how it originates is what makes you a great Rams Fan; not the ability to passionately argue with the naysayer fans.

Enjoy!

GO DEM RAMS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12