Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    marccat is offline Registered User

Re: NEWS FLASH: RAMS MOVING AGAIN … NOT … yet that is ?

Just a word as to why the fans quit going to big A.....Georgia------ as far as football goes go to any stadium(100,000+) in so cal on any sat and tell me we dont have a market on the LEFT coast!

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

I think the XXXIV championship proved that the Rams are here to stay. Having said that, I always think about the defunct St. Louis Hawks (NBA team). They won an NBA championship in '58 and qualified for the NBA finals 4 times, yet they moved to Atlanta in 1968. I'm not saying the same thing will happen to the Rams, but I'm not ruling out the impossible.

fearnobeer_99 is offline Registered User

Cool Re: NEWS FLASH: RAMS MOVING AGAIN … NOT … yet that is ?

The only reason the L.A. fans stopped coming to the games was because Georga was raping the team. They would'nt draft players from top collages is so they didn't have to pay them. and when a good player did show up they wouldn't resign them for what they were worth.
    St. Louis had to file a class action lawsuit to get them to draft top level players. Thats why they left L.A., plus the 80 mil she got to put in her pocket. So if they go back and aquire good players the fans will show up.
    She needs to sell the team and have somebody in L.A. build a brand new stadiam.So moving back to L.A. would not be such a bad idea
    Last edited by fearnobeer_99; -07-29-2007 at 10:16 AM.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fearnobeer_99 View Post
    The only reason the L.A. fans stopped coming to the games was because Georga was raping the team. They would'nt draft players from top collages is so they didn't have to pay them. and when a good player did show up they wouldn't resign them for what they were worth.
    St. Louis had to file a class action lawsuit to get them to draft top level players. Thats why they left L.A., plus the 80 mil she got to put in her pocket. So if they go back and aquire good players the fans will show up.
    She needs to sell the team and have somebody in L.A. build a brand new stadiam.So moving back to L.A. would not be such a bad idea

Well, she won't be selling the team. Stan Kroenke (another missouri native) owns 40% of the Rams and will get the first right to buy on a sale. Most reporters here say she'll end up selling her share (or her estate) to Kroenke since the agreements they have pretty much point to that.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

I don't think there is a realistic chance of them moving back, at least in the next 10 years.

elchiludo is offline Registered User

I hope they come back to L.A

Milan is offline Registered User

2 blackouts in 2 years...I doubt they'll move though.

From Bernie M. Hopefully this will put the "Are the Rams going to move again?" crapola to rest:

Why in the world does this keep coming up here in Short Attention Span Theater?

But seriously ...

Shaw just made a deal with the CVC on dome updgrades. It was all over the newspaper, TV, radio. The team is here for at least another 10 seasons, but other renovations will be in the works by then. Shaw told me his plan is to secure the Rams' long-term future here before he steps down, whenever that will be. The CVC wasn't in position to do everything as specified by the lease terms and Shaw actually cut them a break by agreeing to lesser renovations. That will keep everything in place until he hammers out a more extensive deal. And he is determined to do that.

Besides, it's not like they're drawing 30,000. They missed two sellouts by a total of about 6,000 tix. Big deal.

-B

More from Bernie:

It's possible for any team to move at some point.
    I've been a part of three of them moving, so I know better than most.

But there is no short-term threat of the Rams going anywhere.

By agreeing to make the $30 million in improvements, and with the Rams agreeing to the deal, the CVC won't have to worry about the lease issue (in terms of wether the stadium is up to standards) until 2015...though these imrovements would actually push that back a couple of years... because under the terms of the lease the dome is reviewed every 10 years... and with these changes being completed by 2009, that buys another 10 years.

And both parties agreed to begin negotiations in 2012 to make more long-term stadium improvements.

For the love of Troy Drayton ... calm down.

--B

Listen online at:

www.1380ESPN.com

PHAT-MONEY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Man you and me both. It's funny cause I was talking with my wife about this she was no way it happens. I'm like think about it makes since, they all ready have a built in market. There are a lot of fans in L.A.. Plus Los Angeles Rams has more of a ring than the St Louis Rams. If the Oakland Raider can come from one place and move back to that same place for most of the same reasons that this was started for to mention. I thinks it's a 75% chance the Rams move back.

Also let me state that it also makes since for Division reasons, every team in our division is a true West Coast team. If the NFL is smart they'll do it.
    St.Louis Is the Gateway To The West. we are enough west coast as it is.

joker ace is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too View Post
    OK. The Cardiac-Kids-of-the-Mississippi moved to 3 – 1. While the team moves heart defibrillator sales off the charts, let’s talk about whether the Front Office might be in a position to give St. Louisians heart palpitations. Just speculation mind you, but it’s Monday and some of us need to step back and revisit whether fact can indeed be stranger than fiction – just to settle the nerves.

Franchise free agency. The Rams have been at the vanguard of the movement. Daniel Reeves moved the Rams from Cleveland in '46. In '72 Irsay traded the Rams to Rosenbloom for the Colts. In ’78 the Rams moved from the LA Coliseum to the “Big A” in Anaheim despite league opposition and due to a successful restraint of trade lawsuit. In ’95 Georgia bartered the Rams to St. Louis. She’d did well for herself. She extracted concessions, like cleaning up the ownership of the dome lease, acquiring revenue from stadium luxury suites, club seats and concessions, plus a separate practice facility.

Since then revenue sharing has become even a greater issue. Not the broad-based revenues of TV broadcast rights, but locally-based revenue accruing from things like suite leases, naming rights, corporate sponsorships and a plethora of other income-producing opportunities. Apparently locally generated income has grown from 12 percent of total league revenue to 20 percent. With the extension of the Collective Bargaining Agreement earlier this year, NFL owners agreed to implement a three-tiered revenue sharing system whereby the top 15 teams would pay into a system to distribute among the less-wealthy teams.

Guess who’s now among the “less-wealthy”? Uh, huh. Since the move of the Rams to St. Louis the team has fallen among the league’s have-nots – if there is such a thing given the fact that the TV-broadcast revenues meet the salary cap portion of a team’s expenses by themselves. Part of that is because Georgia lost a little blood in the process of her franchise free agency. Revenue from personal seat licenses was a bone of contention between the NFL and the LA Rams. When the Rams made the move to St. Louis, she was forced to share $17 million worth of revenue generated by personal seat licenses with the NFL. St. Louis Convention & Visitor Comm'n v. NFL, 154 F.3d 851 (8th Cir. 1998).

Couple that with the fact that the Rams are 22nd in seating capacity. Add to that their number of luxury suites is a paltry 120 vs Washington’s 243. And pile on the fact that they have only 6500 club seats. Simultaneously other teams have gotten, or are about to get, stadium upgrades (AZ and NO just had upgrades. Dallas, SD, Indy, Minn, and the Giants/Jets are due in short order). Consequently, a team like the Rams, which ranked among the top six NFL franchises in revenue after its 1995 move from LA, is now in the bottom half of the league. [Per Marc Ganis of Sportscorp Ltd]. Its trend-setting stadium deal has now been eclipsed by those of bigger markets. Bigger markets can command higher priced suite leases.

Where does this leave Georgia? Under the terms of the Rams' 30-year lease, the Convention Center is required to maintain the Dome as a "first-tier" NFL venue. That means that every 10 years, the stadium must rank among the top 25% of all NFL facilities. If the Center and Rams cannot agree on "first-tier" improvements the Rams can be freed from their 30-year lease and convert it to a year-to-year lease. In an amendment to the lease in 2004 the Rams were allowed to request any stadium improvements team owners deemed necessary to keep the Dome among the top 25% of all NFL facilities. If improvements suggested by Ron Labinski, one of the founders of Kansas City-based HOK Sport, who served as a consultant in deciding necessary improvements to the Dome, aren’t completed, theoretically, the Center fails to meet the team's demands, and the Rams could be released from their obligations. Could this be in the cards?

Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones has said that the NFL isn’t going to be diluted any further and that there won’t be any more expansion. At the same time, the league definitely wants to return to California and exploit the LA market again – in Nov. ’05 the NFL agreed in principal to lease terms with the LA Coliseum. The opportunity to maximize non-shared and ancillary revenues is tantalizing.

Georgia, may be from St. Louis, but she also knows where the money is. And it isn’t as attractive in St. Louis as it once was. She isn’t in the top 25% anymore. She is among the so-called have-nots. It might be sooner than later for the Rams to be returning to Shaw’s stomping grounds. Franchise free agency is still alive and well in the NFL. Those who follow the Horns may yet be following them across the country again. A few improvements not to come to fruition – and Authority budgets aren’t always what they are cracked up to be – and the Rams could be on the move again – much sooner than one might expect. Keep those defibrillators within reach … time waits for no one.
    St. Louis Fans Beware!!! LA is Planning to build a remarkable stadium that can be completed by 2012. here is a link i came across.

http://www.losangelesfootballstadium.com/images

Being a die hard St. Louis RAMS fan i scream,hell,curse every football Sunday. Stick with them through Good times & Bad mostly bad lately. it would be devistating for me to even comprehend them moving back to LA. Now i know their are RAMS FANS around the globe hopefully reading this post, but this message is for the FANS in and around the ST. Louis area
    BUY EVERY PSL & TICKETS YOU CAN AND KICK THESE FARE WEATHER FANS OUT OF THE EDWARD JONES DOME & SEND A MESSEGE TO THE NFL THAT WE DESERVE THIS TEAM & WE WILL FIGHT TO KEEP THE RAMS HERE FOR MY CHILDREN AND YOURS TO ENJOY FOREVER.

A-Web is offline Registered User

Just thought I'd let you know, because a reference up there keeps talking about Georgia,

"Georgia, may be from St. Louis, but she also knows where the money is. And it isn’t as attractive in St. Louis as it once was. She isn’t in the top 25% anymore. She is among the so-called have-nots." and

"Where does this leave Georgia? Under the terms of the Rams' 30-year lease, the Convention Center is required to maintain the Dome as a "first-tier" NFL venue."

FYI FOR EVERYONE THAT DOESN'T PAY ATTENTION TO THE ACTUAL WORLD, and sorry for saying this to people that do,

GEORGIA IS DEAD AS OF JANUARY 18th, 2008 (The day my son Anthony was born) SHE PASSED ON THIS PAST YEAR. GONE, BYE-BYE, her kids own the company, I DONT KNOW HOW TO SAY IT ANY DIFFERENT. D.E.A.D.

Rest In Peace Georgia Frontiere, we respect our owners, just not all their decisions.

In the next 2 years one of a few things is going to happen. Either the team will be sold and moved, presumably to the best available market (LA) or it's going to just simply be moved, to the best available market (LA). The earliest under current contract that this can happen is 2010, if St. Louis doesn't meet certain contract terms. Based on the production of the team, and the dying support of St. Louis fans, I don't think that the money is going to be granted via Vote in the city. So, here we go on to LA, Los Angeles to save the day. LA Rams are here today! Forever there I think we'll stay.

10MarcNumber1 is offline Registered User

As long as there is DirecTV, the Rams can play in whatever city they want. I am from Los Angeles and have lived in Southern California all my life. I don't root for owners. The Rams were my first love in sports and they will always be so, win, lose, tie or draw (bring back draws ... nothing beats a good pass rush like a sprint draw run right). Martz never should have been fired now there's a chance to get him back as OC which he does best. Do it YESTERDAY.

LongBlood is offline Registered User

Georgia was a Beeeo*ch that didn't know Jack about Football...well make that Michael about Football. When the Rams were playing at the LA Coliseum she was signing autographs and Michael Young was nearby and she offered him an autograph! She didn't even know her own players! Now as much as I despise Jerry Jones...**** at least he knows who plays on the team. I've been tempted to dump the Rams and cheer for the Colts since beeo*ch dragged them to StL. that prob. caused Roosenbloom to roll over in his grave.

As far as them moving back to LA. Wish in one hand, n sh*t in the other n find out which one fills up first. Respect our owners, forget that. Respect logic. Hopefully Chip Roosenbloom will do more right things, like he did in getting rid of Linehan cause his mom sure couldn't!

RAMPAGE! is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by helorm341 View Post
    I highly doubt st. louis will lose the team over some stadium matinence issues. That's ridiculous, you're gonna have to find a better reason then that

Ok here goes, The ol chipper is a LA boy at heart and tied up with his production in LA and he is never getting out.

The fact that Georgias death taxes and other monetary issues leave chip and sis in a big dillema. THEY CANNOT AFFORD TO KEEP THE TEAM they would have to go into bankruptcy first without some private investor stepping in.

Key word investor, were do you think that will be coming from?

If not LA it will be somewhere but St lou's chances are very slim.

Either way I will support them wherever they go, I doubt everyone will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12