THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Cool TheFieldGoal:New Rams ,New Life for 2008-09

There's no question about it. The Rams of 2008-09 are going to be a different team altogether. New ownership, new free agents, new draft picks, new coaches, and new excited Rams fans.
    The need for beef and speed was the focus of the Rams in the draft and on the free agent market. With the acquisitions of WR Reche Caldwell, CB David Macklin, QB Trent Green( considered a Liability), TE Anthony Becht, OG Jacob Bell ,and Josh Brown. The Rams gathered key players at key areas that could make a huge difference in our attacking schemes. With the resigning of C Brett Romberg, OG Adam Goldberg, and OT Brandon Gorin, the Rams ensured themselves some stability.
    With new personel man Billy Devaney and a new energized ownership in Chip Rosenbloom. The Rams seem poised to return to there winning ways of the early 2000's. John Shaw is the Al Davis of the Rams. The Rams are now ready to move to another level. And a change in the front office would be a good transition. I know John Shaw is a staple for the NFL and the Rams. But at some point change needs to be made with new blood and energy.
    Chip Rosenbloom is a rookie and his leadership and direction will be tested more so than Georgia's. He is a business man and with Stan Kroenke assisting, the Rams seem poised for another championship run in the near future. A well deserving gift for city of st. louis.
    As for the rumors that this franchise will be moving back to Los Angeles, Chip put those rumors to rest. The Rams are now St. Louis and LA is not a suitable option for this team. The LA Market is really Raider country. Everywhere you go there is Raider Nation. So let some other team claim LA, it will be a huge risk to go to a large market with huge competition.The reason Georgia left was the lack of support. Yes there are Rams fans and die hards at that. But not enough to sustain the need for a team to stay.
    Chip Rosenbloom lives in Hollywood and that's probably the last place he needs to have a franchise. The NFL will not be in LA because LA does not need a team. Just move the Chargers back. That makes sense.
    Onto the Draft, by selecting Chris Long. The Rams have ensured themselves a solid player and similar to Grant Wistrom. A well built young man with rushing and ball batting ability. Jim Haslett will be thankful. With OG Roy Shuening , OL John Greco, DB Chris Chamberlain, and Mr. Irrevelant David Vobora, the Rams have supplied themselves a solid class. If everything works out this team is a contender sooner than later. Offensively and defensively the Rams came out with a solid draft in terms of beefing the front seven.
    Donnie Avery was a great selection in terms of speed after the catch. But that was college, the NFL is a different monster. He seems very agile and quick. Given his work ethic and Torry Holt and Henry Ellard's guidance. Donnie Avery could be a threat at WR. Keenan Burton is a Trent Green. Lots of questions and lots to prove with all the previous injuries in his past. But overall seems descent.
    With the Offensive side of the ball addressed in the draft, Marc Bulger can now hope for a better protection crew. And defensively, Jim Haslett now has some weapons and speed to boot. This Rams team will be young and excited.
    Hopefully Holt, Bennett, and McMichael contribute more in 2008-09. The Scott Linehan era began on Draft Day 2008. Now it's wait and see.
    Last edited by THEFIELDGOAL; -04-29-2008 at 05:53 PM.

THE FIELD GOAL

Yodude is offline Registered User

Re: TheFieldGoal:New Rams ,New Life for 2008-09

TheFieldGoal is up....and it's....it's....it's....wide right!
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Seems fitting to begin 2008 with humor and fun. Thanks Yodude!!
    THE FIELD GOAL

Ramer is offline Registered User

Good post THEFIELDGOAL!

Yodude is offline Registered User

Seems fitting to begin 2008 with humor and fun. Thanks Yodude!!
    No problem!
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

blood85 is offline Registered User

Personally, I like the fact that there are probably less Rams fans than Faider fans in LA. When I go down there and wear my rams gear, It makes me feel like a rebel, that I don't give a D**N what the faider fans think.

Tom_SF is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    Personally, I like the fact that there are probably less Rams fans than Faider fans in LA. When I go down there and wear my rams gear, It makes me feel like a rebel, that I don't give a D**N what the faider fans think.
    They're not Raiders fans, they only want to wear black like the rest of the thugs out there. If the West Covina Singing Fruit Doves had black uniforms, they'd wear those.