Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Enjoy The Silence.

One thing that we can agree on no matter where we place our hats in the debates that rage in this most awful of seasons is the need to try and make sense of it all. It isn't enough to merely accept what has happened so far, because to do so would be to separate all feeling and reason from the circumstances that have got us to this point.

Like many of you, I support a fair range of teams across a number of sports and I can honestly say that I have never had to endure a season of play where what was expected had been so far above what has transpired. I have never seen a butchers bill as long as that which we are in possession of now. I have never seen such a string of wholly abject performances and I have never seen such things greeted with such an absence of media attention.

The Rams are quite simply shambolic. I attach no name tags to this; holding people personally responsible at such times in such circumstances has always seemed a bit like performing the lottery. You could choose any one person, number of people or combination of people and make a decent case. You wouldn't get any closer to the truth of the matter in my opinion but in the very act of change you might get some of the answers that you seek. Change for the sake of change perhaps but then it's my belief that sometimes, just sometimes, the weight of fate is against you.

There is also of course the sheer weight of emotion that goes along with all of this losing. Quite frankly, as tired as I was after the excesses and celebrations of the weekend (England beating France is always cause for excess) the thought of logging on to Gamecenter didn't fill me with with joy. What I saw afterwards drove me to visit the bean burners at Starbucks.

So, with such failure, disappointment and anger following in the wake of our Rams I'm suprised that the many media sources that make football their business have so little to say about us.Norv Turner has attracted more negative press than Scott Linehan in recent times and perhaps there have been stories out there of greater interest than mere abject failure but there is even the absence of reported rumour. I haven't seen anything regarding his position, I haven't seen anything surrounding the injury situation and I haven't seen anything about the drop-off from SB contender to complete flops.

And this is as much as cause for question as the story itself. Exactly why hasn't this implosion generated any interest?

It could be of course that there is a rather large groundswell of sympathy for the circumstances in which Linehan is battling. If there is its been largely unstated so I'm loath to agree. There was a suggestion from Terrell Suggs along these lines after the game but I haven't seen it elsewhere. It might be that the sharks are circling for a more opportune time to strike but then it would seem to me that the story is now. It might be that Linehan is already dead man walking, that its academic and that the scribes are waiting to write his epitaph, but again, the story is now. Or, perhaps it was just that the media at-large saw it coming; then I would say that nowhere had I seen anything that had us at 0-6, let alone 0-16.

Yes we have the offerings of Mr Miklasz but then I'm never quite sure what to make of those, as he seems a very hard man to please.

Note that, when I say this, I'm not seeking to solicit more attention its just that the silence is unnerving.

But then maybe as Mr Gahan suggested, I should be enjoying it.

blood85 Guest

Re: Enjoy The Silence.

Expect things to get worse.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

And here I was afraid this was going to be a reference to the "Silence of the Lambs"

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    And here I was afraid this was going to be a reference to the "Silence of the Lambs"
    Now that has made me chuckle.................

RealRam is offline Registered User

Nicely done, FP. Two thumbs up.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Not bad fat pang. I could actually read this one. Thanks for dumbing it down to my reading level

I wandered over to some Ravens boards and they are pretty silent about the Rams. They are more upset that their offense could not capitalize on all those turnovers. There was some chatter about Linehan ruining the team, and him making Martz look like a genius.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viper is offline Registered User

Nice job fat!

I was thinking about UtterBlitz's reference to Martz looking like a genius. It looks like now the new Rams look like the old Lions and the new Lions look like the GSOT Rams. Injuries and turnovers notwithstanding.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Every since the decline of the GSOT days, the media has been more than content to completely ignore the Rams. This was the first year in a while that I can recall some of the media expressing some positive thoughts about the potential of this team. However it seems that the majority of the Rams core "city/local" fans were reluctant to by into any hype, fearing another possible let down season. Or in other words, if our own fans don't care,than why should anybody else? Everyone wants the Cinderella story's and all the magic that it brings...Who knows, maybe it will finally find it's way back to us again next year.:\

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Phat job, Fat!

..and yes, the silence is deafening.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!