Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User

I like aesthetics/design of helmets and uniforms...

so, the one bright spot I see from the Rams this year -is- I really like the white jersey with white striped pants this year. its about time they did it. the gold pants without stripes makes them look like balarinas or worse, disco queens.

Bulger shoulda never done the fantasy football commercial.

RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User

Re: I like aesthetics/design of helmets and uniforms...

LOL what? no one with a creative bend?

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Personally, I'd like to go back to the old Blue and Yellow.

blood85 is offline Registered User

I agree with Moloch. Go back to the old unis. I think the ugly gold pants look the the ones Notre Dame wears and are a "shade or two off" from looking like the ***** pants. The white ones aren't bad, but I say go old school. Every team seems to have their old school unis on for some games except for us. Even the Hideous ones the Steelers and Eagles have worn

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

The white with gold stripe pants look terrible - just like those white with gold trim Starfleet uniforms in Star Trek: Nemesis on Captain Picard looked bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I must admit I hate both the all white and the all blue, although the all blue might look better without the stripe. It always gives me a bad feeling to see them being worn.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Personally, I'd like to go back to the old Blue and Yellow.
    The late 30's/early 40's colors with yellow helmets, white pants and blue uniforms?

Or the 1973 version uniform design which consisted of yellow gold pants and curling rams horns on the sleeves yellow gold horns on the blue jerseys and blue horns on the white jerseys? The white jerseys had yellow gold sleeves.

Maybe the 2000 version when the team's colors were changed from yellow gold and blue to New Century Gold (metallic gold) and Millennium (navy) blue in 2000 following the Super Bowl win.

Personally I (and some of th eother old fogies in here) prefer the 1964 unifomr when the colors were changed to blue and white. The helmets became blue with white rams' horns, the uniform design was changed to white pants and either blue or white jerseys. The Rams wore their white jerseys at home from the 1964 season up through the 1971 season; a tradition that continued under Tommy Prothro. Prothro switched the Rams to the blue jerseys at home in 1972, the final season of the blue and white combination.

Right now I don't care what they wear as long as a "W" shows up soon.:l
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    The late 30's/early 40's colors with yellow helmets, white pants and blue uniforms?

Or the 1973 version uniform design which consisted of yellow gold pants and curling rams horns on the sleeves yellow gold horns on the blue jerseys and blue horns on the white jerseys? The white jerseys had yellow gold sleeves.

Maybe the 2000 version when the team's colors were changed from yellow gold and blue to New Century Gold (metallic gold) and Millennium (navy) blue in 2000 following the Super Bowl win.

Personally I (and some of th eother old fogies in here) prefer the 1964 unifomr when the colors were changed to blue and white. The helmets became blue with white rams' horns, the uniform design was changed to white pants and either blue or white jerseys. The Rams wore their white jerseys at home from the 1964 season up through the 1971 season; a tradition that continued under Tommy Prothro. Prothro switched the Rams to the blue jerseys at home in 1972, the final season of the blue and white combination.

Right now I don't care what they wear as long as a "W" shows up soon.:l
    Do you know the reason the Rams wore the white jerseys at home? Dan Reeves wanted to have the visiting teams wear their more colorful home jerseys when playing the Rams in LA as to appeal better to the crowd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Do you know the reason the Rams wore the white jerseys at home? Dan Reeves wanted to have the visiting teams wear their more colorful home jerseys when playing the Rams in LA as to appeal better to the crowd.
    Well if that holds water it may 'splain why the year following Reeves' death is when they went back to Yellow/Blue?

Then maybe you know why home teams wore white in the "pre-dome" days?

It would give the home team an advantage on warm days, but with the advent of domed stadiums the advantage is negated.:l
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

moloch41 is offline Registered User

:l
    I'm not that old school- I started watching in the early 80s. I still can't understand why a team would change their unis after winning a Superbowl- didn't make much sense.

Well if that holds water it may 'splain why the year following Reeves' death is when they went back to Yellow/Blue?

Then maybe you know why home teams wore white in the "pre-dome" days?

It would give the home team an advantage on warm days, but with the advent of domed stadiums the advantage is negated.:l
    I believe my statement to be correct. I have read and researched quite a bit about the Rams as I was going to write a book about the Rams. That information seemed solid. After the white uniforms premiered, there was an article in the LA Times stating that the Rams looked like ambulance drivers.

That is correct about the warm days. I always know that the Rams will wear blue jerseys when I go see them in Dallas. In September, it was over 100 degrees on the field. We were 4 rows from the field. Fortunately, BRM didn't wear his wool kilt to the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I'm not that old school- I started watching in the early 80s. I still can't understand why a team would change their unis after winning a Superbowl- didn't make much sense.
    That puzzled me at the time. However, the change in uniform colors was planned before the 1999 season started.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had absolutely NO DOUBT of the veracity of your statement, Alpha.

Honest!

I kept thinking I was watching the Packers play last night because of Pittsburgh's throw-back uniforms. lol
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    That puzzled me at the time. However, the change in uniform colors was planned before the 1999 season started.

It may have been planned, and again I would NEVER doubt Alpha, but I like to believe than uniform and logo changes are a $$ raising effort. They want to keep selling merchandise and new colors/logos ensure fresh product. But that is the conspiracy theorist in me.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

I had absolutely NO DOUBT of the veracity of your statement, Alpha.

Honest!

I kept thinking I was watching the Packers play last night because of Pittsburgh's throw-back uniforms. lol
    No problem. Quite honestly, unless I could directly ask Dan Reeves, it isn't 100% positive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast