Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Re: NFL Turns Down Rams on Uniforms ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Well, I can understand since our request WAS late.
    Since it is suppose to be a tribute to the late Mrs. Frontiere, I thought the NFL would allow us.
    I do like what Rosenbloom said about getting feedback from the fans.

Still, the NFL hates us. First the Bob N Weave and the Duck Down, Spygate, and now they won't let us wear throwbacks, lol.

Fixed. The No Fun League.

moklerman Guest

As much as I'd like to see the Rams wearing some other uniform(I'm to the point that I don't even like the current version), I don't see how blue and yellow commemorates Georgia. If anything, they should keep wearing the blue and gold if they want to wear a uniform that's truly tied to her. She had nothing to do with the blue and yellow. I'm actually with the league on this one and with the Rams' track record of not requesting things on time, it doesn't surprise me that they can't get something simple done. In this case, they had no way of knowing in time but did they put in a request for a year from now so that we could at least see some throwbacks next year?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Moklerman View Post
    I don't see how blue and yellow commemorates Georgia. ...I'm actually with the league on this one and with the Rams' track record of not requesting things on time, it doesn't surprise me that they can't get something simple done. In this case, they had no way of knowing in time but did they put in a request for a year from now so that we could at least see some throwbacks next year?

Well Mockler, perhaps the argument could be made that it was the blue and gold uniform with which the Rams won their 1st SB and Georgia was there as the owner to hoist the trophy.

And as you said, I too hope we get to wear throwback unis (1965-72) next year! :bash:

RedArcher7 Guest

As much as I'd like to see the Rams wearing some other uniform(I'm to the point that I don't even like the current version), I don't see how blue and yellow commemorates Georgia. If anything, they should keep wearing the blue and gold if they want to wear a uniform that's truly tied to her. She had nothing to do with the blue and yellow. I'm actually with the league on this one and with the Rams' track record of not requesting things on time, it doesn't surprise me that they can't get something simple done. In this case, they had no way of knowing in time but did they put in a request for a year from now so that we could at least see some throwbacks next year?
    So you wanted the Rams to know she was gonna die? Wanna hold on there skipper, I agree with half of what your saying, but it's not the Rams fault, ease off 'um.

Filthy McNasty Guest

As stated in another thread, I'd love to see us in the -1999 uniforms, for me, that's what the Rams look like. Doing it as a Georgia Frontiere tribute...all the better.

The Whiners wore the Eighties throwbacks against us in 2007 to honour Bill Walsh, who died July 30th, so the years notice thing doesn't ring true.

moklerman Guest

So you wanted the Rams to know she was gonna die? Wanna hold on there skipper, I agree with half of what your saying, but it's not the Rams fault, ease off 'um.
    In this case, they had no way of knowing in time
    The problem is, the Rams just tried to get the league to bend the rules for the Faulk ceremony then they turn around and ask to do it again a couple of months later. For whatever reason, the league is strict about the throwbacks so the Rams, to me, are making themselves look foolish by asking for permission to do things that will get denied. There are plenty of other ways to honor a non-player and to be perfectly honest, having the 2008 team wear the 1999 uniforms would have been much too bitter-sweet, especially considering the unceremonious dumping of Isaac Bruce in the offseason.

I'm sure black armbands, GF stickers on the helmets and any other thing that can be thought of will be done in 2008 that actually commemorate her so this is a total non-issue in terms of the league hating the Rams. If Georgia really wanted to see the Rams wearing throwbacks, you'd think it would have happened once or twice in the last 10 years when she was alive.

For those of us who didn't know here personally and can't stand seeing her face or the mention of her, it's more than enough to see her face plastered on everything right now. As dubious and debatable as her "ownership" of the Rams was, I just can't get past the fact that she didn't even have the decency to go by Rosenbloom. The guy was a sucker and a patsy but he did give her HUNDREDS of millions of dollars. She could have at least faked being grateful.

moklerman Guest

The Whiners wore the Eighties throwbacks against us in 2007 to honour Bill Walsh, who died July 30th, so the years notice thing doesn't ring true.
    The problem with that argument is the Niners wear throwbacks all the time. I'm not sure how the rule is set up so your point may still be valid but if a team only has to request a year in advance to wear throwbacks the following year, I don't see a problem. If it's more specific and they would have had to request a specific game/date, then I don't know how they would have got away with it. I seem to remember them winning a big game in their throwbacks and then wearing them every following week as good luck. However the rules are set up, the Rams apparently don't know how to manipulate them.

RedArcher7 Guest

As long as I wasn't the first one to say it, I wasn't a fan of her either but with her being dead and all this didn't seem like a good time to bring that up. I'm alright with everything you just said, except that the league shouldn't bend the rules this time. If they were going to wear them in her memory the league should allow it, because it was impossible to have advanced notice, and her being sick doesn't count.

You're right though, they look like little kids trying to get their way. But I don't think they should be hounded because the owner died. If it's just because they wanna because they wanna, then the NFL is right if those are the rules.

moklerman Guest

I'd love to see just about any of the old uniforms(might have to draw the line at the 50's style that the Rams threw back to in '95) but I just don't see how it honors her when she didn't want to see them herself. Gold pants without the stripe, no horns on the sleeves, white pants...those are all Georgia approved uniforms. Throw in some of the worst cheerleader outfits and you've got G's contribution to the look of the Rams. Did the league have to step in and preserve the helmet/horns? I seem to remember something about the Rams being allowed to modify the colors but not to change the logo. Did the Rams actually want to change the helmet?

Milan Guest

If it's a league rule, then nothing can be done. Why would you need a full years notice on throwback jerseys? It seems a bit much, even 2 months seems a bit much.

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

There is no harm in allowing us to wear that Jerssey. True, the No fun league strikes agian.

moklerman Guest

There was no actual harm in a lot of the things that the XFL did either but I'll defer to the NFL's rules. Tucked in shirts, socks pulled up, no stickers or writing on the shoes, etc. are all harmless but if they aren't enforced...

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    My initial feelings exactly. The old yellow and blue uni's were LA colors, and had nothing to do with anything Georgia did. They just happen to be wearing them when we won the SB. So what did Ms. G. do after that? Changed them to what we have now. So I personally don't associate the old yellow and blue colors with Georgia.

If they wear throwbacks, go to the old blue and white.
    Last edited by RAMFANRAIDERHATER; -04-10-2008 at 12:07 AM.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

I, personally, am a fan of the Fearsome Foursome era Uniforms.

Would it not be EXTREMEMLY weird to see them come out in their original Red/Black unis?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    If they wear throwbacks, go to the old blue and white.

:bash: That would be so grand!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)