Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Uniforms

Ramer is offline Registered User

Re: The Uniforms

I have to agree, the blue pants have to go. Stick with the gold or white.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramer View Post
    I have to agree, the blue pants have to go. Stick with the gold or white.

Go gold, please. I had already gotten so used to this uniform, both home and away!

But no doubt that, as RnD mentioned, it's all a big commercial catalog of combinations that are attempted to "enhance the intere$t of the fan$". That's why I see a stubborn pattern of hodgepodge attempt$ to be "creative" instead of establishing the uniform.

Sure, I'd much rather see our Rams W I N. Soon we may be going to an ALL black, black everything, black chin straps, dark gray horns and numbers, black towels. No other colors anywhere.

2008 ... black season.

PS: Was it you RnD that mentioned the NFL expectation$ on NFL gear?
    Last edited by RealRam; -11-16-2008 at 01:34 AM. Reason: PS

FilthyMcNasty is offline Registered User

The thing is, there's no commercial use in wearing navy or white pants, it's not like the sell the pants in the pro-shop anyway.

I've also noticed that the navy pants, in addition to having stripe detail inconsistent with the jerseys, also are a few shades lighter than the blue of the helmet or jersey. It might actually look if the navy was the same as the jersey and the stripe detail was just one gold stripe.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Filthymcnasty - Agreed re. 80's/90's Rams @ Whiners....Visually it was always easy on the eye, (even if the scoreline wasn't!!!) It was even better if the sun was shining.

As a Brit, did you ever notice that a lot of the 80/90's UK publications would often seem use the rams v whiners phot's on covers, or use images from the matches as examples of a scene from USA football?!? I guess the grapgic guys picked up on the colour mix too!)

I like the old uniforms from the 90's. They weren't exactly wear around the town trendy kind of uniforms, but you could rarely get Rams kit over here then, it was all cowgirls, whiners and raiders back then.

I like the white on blue pants for away. But defo the Blue on Gold for home.....

No brainer.

FilthyMcNasty is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UK Ramfan 83 View Post
    As a Brit, did you ever notice that a lot of the 80/90's UK publications would often seem use the rams v whiners phot's on covers, or use images from the matches as examples of a scene from USA football?!? I guess the grapgic guys picked up on the colour mix too!)
    That's quite possibly the reason I chose the Rams back then, I loved the uniforms, the bold colours, the horns on the sleeves and helmet, and yeah they always seemed to use Rams v Niners on Channel 4 and M&S American Football books, that initially drew me to them (I've always been a uniform nerd I think) and with everyone who liked the game at my school glory hunting with the Niners, I liked the contrary aspect too.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Ramfan 83 View Post
    you could rarely get Rams kit over here then, it was all cowgirls, whiners and raiders back then.
    I found it easier then to get Rams stuff than I do now (from high street shops anyway, Ebay levelled that playing field), I remember picking up a 29 Dickerson (awful quality) jersey and a Rams ball from Toys R Us and an import shop managed to get me a Jim Everett jersey.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM0 View Post
    I don't understand why we haven't played a game in our throw backs?

Now that would be nice...........

Now that w o u l d be nice! Some silly rules prevent us from that, I believe.

RnD, not sure why I thought it was you that mentioned something about the commercial $ide of the NFL expectations regarding uniforms and that I aluded to. Maybe you did, I just couldn't find the post right now.
    Last edited by RealRam; -11-14-2008 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Tyop

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post

RnD, not sure why I thought it was you that mentioned something about the commercial $ide of the NFL expectations regarding uniforms and that I aluded to. Maybe you did, I just couldn't find the post right now.
    Indeed, I did. Post 21 of this thread.

I remember liking the Pats logo with the minuteman snapping the ball, the Buccaneers with the pirate holding a knife in his teeth, the Broncos stallion in the "D", Chargers' blue helmet with the yellow face mask, etc,. Of course I am still enamored of the Rams' 1964-1972 design.

I guess the only helmet which has remained the same would be the Vikings. That Fran Tarkenton was quite the scrambler in his day.

I am not sure if the logo changes are an attempt to stay 'current' or just a way to create revenue. I think I read a few years back that the profits from authorized products go to the players' retirement fund?

As for wearing the throwbacks I seem to recall reading (on here) that the request must be submitted a year ahead of time. My thought process tells me that the Rams organization has no desire to wear throwbacks from '64-'72 and thus have not submitted them for approval. It is either that or the league has denied the request?

As far as LARAMO's statement, I believe we HAVE worn 'throwbacks', just not the throwbacks some of us would like to see?
    Last edited by ramsanddodgers; -11-15-2008 at 04:17 AM.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

bigredman is offline Registered User

Soon we may be going to an ALL black, black everything, black chin straps, dark gray horns and numbers, black towels. No other colors anywhere.

2008 ... black season.

If we go black, we'll never go back!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

RealRam,maybe next year on the throwbacks since it will be the 10 Ann. of the Super Bowl win,wow can't believe it's been 10 years already.

blood85 is offline Registered User

GET RID of those hideous **** gold colors and go back to the traditional gold and royal blue, of the Los Angeles rams days...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    GET RID of those hideous **** gold colors and go back to the traditional gold and royal blue, of the Los Angeles rams days...
    Yes, the colors that won the Super Bowl for the St. Louis Rams will always be loved.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123