RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

Which 0-3(4) Team will Win Last?

Of the teams without a win, who has the best shot of acomplishing the ultimate record in the NFL, the 0-16 finish, and join the 1976 Buccaneers (0-14) atop the list of the worst teams in NFL history?

The teams left are:

Detroit Lions (0-4)
    Tennessee Titans (0-4)
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-3)
    Oakland Raiders (0-3)

For the full list of worst teams in NFL history see: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/foot...ams/worst.html

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Re: Which 0-3(4) Team will Win Last?

I think the Bucs are a lot better than those other team. Lions score enough to win soon. Raiders or Titans? If Raiders lost to ***** then probably then. Titans are dreadful especially without Haynesworth.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I think you'd know what team I'd pick as a candidate to go the longest. (see screen name)

However, it's really hard to believe that any NFL team could go 0-16 in this era. In the "old", pre-free agent days, when you built your team almost solely through the draft, if you had a few bad draft years, it would take seemingly forever to recover. Once you got to the top, it was easier to stay there, hence, the dynasties of the Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, and that team by the bay. Therefore, there were more really good teams, and there were more really bad teams. A larger span in team talent from top to bottom, if you will. And if you were an expansion team in those days (like the Bucs) it's easy to see how they would struggle for so long out of the gate.

Today, you can go from 3-13, to 13-3 in one year and win the Superbowl (and we ALL know who I'm talkin' 'bout). :l Parity is here to stay, like it or not. It's really true today that any team can beat any other team on any given day. So what I'm getting at is that a very bad team like, let's say.... the Raiders, unlikely won't lose every game. One or two games this season, the other team will play down to the talent across the line, all the breaks will go the right way and the ****ty team will win. Kinda like what happened to the Rams in Whinerville

That being said; even though the Bucs and Lions haven't won yet, they're not that bad, as Bruce=Goat said. The Titans, I think, are a notch above the Raiders in talent too. They're just too young right now. The Raiders though... they have set a new standard in bad. They have put together a team and coaching staff that will take years to recover from, even with free-agency. However, they have the Whiners and Texans on the schedule, so anything can happen.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I have to go with the Bucs. They are in a world of hurt right now and the NFC South is the kind of place that feeds on the sick and hurt. The Bucs will be the last to get off the goose egg.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod