ram3057 is offline Registered User

A-11 Offense could be the future of football

The RAMS have the quarterbacks....do they have the guts??

Rivals High - A-11 offense could be the future of football

Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

RANDYRAM Guest

Re: A-11 Offense could be the future of football

Thats a cool concept but the rams don't have a QB that can run like they had!
    Mark the statue Bulger would get killed as well as Trent concussion green!!
    Now maybe Mike Vic and Tony Romo combo could be good when Vic gets
    out of the big house!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

So if I understand this correctly, you line everyone up like their receivers spread across the entire field, but only five of them are actually eligible to receive a pass on that play, and there's maybe three guys actually blocking where the offensive line normally lines up. Personally, I don't think it would fly in the NFL for the same reasons the spread option doesn't translate as well to the pros. NFL linemen are too big and too fast to make your quarterback run from them on every play.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    So if I understand this correctly, you line everyone up like their receivers spread across the entire field, but only five of them are actually eligible to receive a pass on that play, and there's maybe three guys actually blocking where the offensive line normally lines up. Personally, I don't think it would fly in the NFL for the same reasons the spread option doesn't translate as well to the pros. NFL linemen are too big and too fast to make your quarterback run from them on every play.
    I agree, but if this kind of offense was implemented now and then, it would really throw the defense into a tizzy. It sure could be fun if used strategically.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Id like to see Saunders utilize it a couple of times during the season just to throw the defense off, and itd be cool to see in action. If they used it every so often itd just be like using a trick play kinda.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The entire point of the offense is to confuse defenses as to who the eligible receiver is on any given play, because as I understand it, all of the players on the field wear numbers that could be eligible receivers and then they shift all around.

The problem at the college and pro level is that number restrictions for lineman basically negate the main advantage of this formation. Linemen have to wear numbers in a certain range, so it eliminates them from being considered eligible unless they check in.

Thus I would be surprised if this was anything more than the occasional trick play at the college or pro level.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The entire point of the offense is to confuse defenses as to who the eligible receiver is on any given play, because as I understand it, all of the players on the field wear numbers that could be eligible receivers and then they shift all around.

The problem at the college and pro level is that number restrictions for lineman basically negate the main advantage of this formation. Linemen have to wear numbers in a certain range, so it eliminates them from being considered eligible unless they check in.

Thus I would be surprised if this was anything more than the occasional trick play at the college or pro level.
    Once again the NFL (No Fun League) ruins a fun time.