throwback week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

20 Post-Game Thoughts: ***SUPER BOWL EDITION***

1. Its great to see The Bus go out this way.

2. Bill Cowher is also very deserving of finally winning the big one.

3. Famous ball-droppers. J.S. – Jeremy Stevens… Jackie Smith… hmmmm… spooky.

4. My MVP pick (not yet announced): Hines Ward.

5. If I was a Seahawk fan, I have no doubt I’d be feeling that the refs took the game away from Seattle. I’d be wrong, but I have no doubt that I’d feel that way.

6. Still a great season for Seattle. Hold your heads up, Seahawk fans. I know it hurts (I can still remember 2001), but just getting there IS an accomplishment.

7. The fact that Super Bowl losers have tanked in the subsequent year in the last five doesn’t make me sad, though!

8. Somebody who will indirectly benefit from this game – Penn State QB Michael Robinson. After watching Antuan Randel-El contribute to a championship team, someone will look at Robinson and see a player who can help a team.

9. That Randel-El pass was outstanding…

10. … reminded me of another trick play in a Super Bowl. Remember Lawrence McCutchen’s pass?

11. Madison Avenue has just lost it. Not a single noteworthy commercial.

12. I saw the Rolling Stones in concert 15 years ago. They were ancient then. They can still play, but if I never hear “Satisfaction” again in my life, I won’t be too upset.

13. Casey Hampton’s not a guy I’ve watched much, but he’s quite a player.

14. Big Ben’s performance: worst ever by a Super Bowl winning QB? Guess it doesn’t matter, though.

15. Clock management by Seattle at end of first half… if that had been Mike Martz… oh, never mind.

16. Did anyone have the Steelers as the preseason favorite?

17. Steve Hutchinson and Rocky Bernard should be really upset with the team’s failure. I think they should move on and play for the Rams next year.

18. This Steeler team is very good (obviously), but I don’t think we’re looking at the start of the next dynasty.
    19. Congrats to the NFC Champion Seahawks!

20. Big Congrats to the NFL Champion Steelers!

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: 20 Post-Game Thoughts: ***SUPER BOWL EDITION***

The holding call in the fourth quarter was one of the worst calls i have ever seen in my life. ticky tacky at best, key point in the super bowl. no reason to make that call, it wasnt obvious and it totally changed the game. instead of first and goal pitt came back and scored the td.

the refs didnt cost seattle the game, their own failure to put the ball in the end zone and the drops did that. plus the two big plays they gave up. but they sure didnt get any help and who knows what would have happened, they should have had the lead in the 4th quarter with the momentum.

Just a terrible call. In the fourth quarter of the super bowl, no blood, no broken limbs, no call- for both teams of course. if he grabs his jersey and pulls him down, thats one thing. but that call was marginal at best and the game situation makes it ridiculous.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

One other thing i will add to avengers excellent post.

As i have said one million times, rule #1 of quarterbacking is you cant throw from flat on your ass.

Rule #2. You can only throw it, you cant catch it also. Seattles receivers have been killing hasselbeck for years and they did it again today. not just stevens, but the ball in the end zone in the first half should have been caught for a td. one ball hit engram in the face and he missed it. lord knows how many stevens dropped.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

bluengreen Guest

7. The fact that Super Bowl losers have tanked in the subsequent year in the last five doesn’t make me sad, though!

We'll be back.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Officiating sucked. Seattle wasn't playing to their potential. Neither was Pittsburgh.

The bright spot? Every Seattle FA wil want more than they are worth. Seattle can't afford to keep them all.

Next year...RAMS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by bluengreen

We'll be back.
    See ya next year....MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!:tongue:

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I've gotta disagree with you GC. On that holding call Locklear (I believe) grabbed the shoulder pad of the Pittsburgh player stopping him from a would be sack.

That's what I saw anyway on my Mitsubishi 70" HD TV.

we can agree to disagree double z. my 56 in samsung dlp hd with the 1080 technology isnt as big as your mitsubishi, but the picture was pretty clear. I didnt say that locklear didnt grab him at all, my point is that i dont think it was that blatant and fell well within the range of the type of thing that goes on almost every play and thus shouldnt be called in the fourth quarter of the super bowl. Not worth watching the replay for me, maybe you are correct. I still think seattle lost because they couldnt put the ball in the end zone when they had their chances, not because of that call.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

psycho9985 Guest

I'm sorry Seahawk fans yes it hurts,but you have to get there to lose.You made it to your first Supe gotta take that and hope for the future.You didnt get that TD in the first half,your Rec. pushed off on the defender,that my friends only the Patriots get away with in the Superbowl.

Commercials were very funny as usual.
    Last edited by psycho9985; -02-05-2006 at 11:42 PM.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

It was a horribly officialed game and it all leaned 1 way

NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User

Well' as I said after the first half I just couldn't watch the second one.
    MVP Bill Leavy
    The squawks weren't prepared at all, they all sucked. Pittsburg wasn't prepared either. This is by far the worst SB since the ravens-giants but this season and specially the post season was just umps mistake by mistake.
    Here are some of this season memoires, feel free to add your own
    1-Giants x Saints, Nfl let NY play in the meadowlands as visitor, unfreaking believable
    2- Squaks x giants. Both two Giants TD were not
    3- STL x DAL Jamie Martin intentional grounding !?!?!?!?
    4- WASxTB Taylor expulsion
    5- WASxTB Galloway TD that wasn't
    6- Polamalu int vs Manning
    7- SB XL

SFCRamFan Guest

Super Bowl XL = Xremely Lame officiating

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Here's how I evaluate the "controversial" calls:

1. Offensive Interference Against Seattle
    That was actually a textbook example of offensive interference. That said, the Refs probably let that kind of thing go at least 50% of the time.

2. Big Ben's Rushing TD
    There is no way you could overrule the call by the replay. Too blurry to tell if the ball broke the plane.

3. Holding Call
    Again, the replay (they oddly showed only one angle) was inconclusive. Holding is often not called, and its frustrating when it nullifies a big play, but I can't say if it was right or wrong.

4. Hasselbeck Fumble
    Overruled, which was the right call.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

The game would have been a lot closer if Seattle was able to kick field goals.

There was some questionable calls, but I have to be glad the Steelers won since I have a house full of Steeler fans now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    1. Offensive Interference Against Seattle
    That was actually a textbook example of offensive interference. That said, the Refs probably let that kind of thing go at least 50% of the time.
    Agree completely. This is like the illegal contact of the Pats. Just because it isn't called as often doesn't mean it's not a rule. If D-Jack didn't need to push off to make that catch, why put his hands up on the defender? I had no problem with that call.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast