Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: 20 Post-Game Thoughts: ***SUPER BOWL EDITION***

Hasselchoke
    LOL

I spent the better part of the fourth coming up with new names for Mr. "Were taking the ball and scoring first".

My favorite was "Hasseldrok".
    "Hasselwiff" was a close second.

JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Tom Brady did basically nothing in sb 36, although i admit he didnt make any mistakes either.
    Speaking of Marcia Brady, I was laughing at all the boos from Steeler fans when he came out for the coin toss.

And, I've heard that the reason Montana was missing from the MVP line up before the game is that he wanted 100 grand just to show up.
    Very classy move Joe. No wounder I dislike you and your ****** teammates.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

IMO the officiating was questionable at times, but the seahawks deserved to lose the game.

Holmgren and Hasselbeck were both worse than the officiating. Stevens' dropped passes were critical, but the placement of the ball by hasselbeck also contributed to the drops.

The push off and the holding call were both typical of the inconsistencies of NFL officials. The official could have thrown the flag on the defender before the ball even arrived to Jackson, but Jackson did push. It looked to me like he was trying to push the defenders arm away but caught the side of his body instead. The push did not create any leverage to seperate from the defender. The official is letting them play at first then throws the flag when the arm of Jackson gets extended. Tough call and bad break for the hawks.

IMO a person would have to be drunk to consider the replay of the roethlisberger TD to be blurry. The replay was crystal clear in HD. There is the possibility that the ball crossed the plane while big ben was in the air, however the official on the field did not see it that way. The official runs towards the play with one hand raised, as if to spot the ball, as he approaches and ben moves the ball across the goal line he raises his other arm to signal TD. Personally I don't think ben got in, however, it doesn't really matter. It was third down and Cowher could go for the TD on fourth or kick the field goal. With the time remaining and the field position, I would venture to guess Cowher goes for the TD on fourth down.

I will say that this was one of the most lame SBs that I have watched in years. The seahawks were absolutely inept. Hasselbeck was horrible and Holmgren's clock management and play calling left me shaking my head time and time again. This years seahawks were all about the offensive line and their MVP running back. It seemed as if Holmgren forgot about that and put the game on Hasselbeck and the dink & dunk passing game that he is famous for calling. When the hawks did go to downfield passing the plays were of poor design and the execution by hasselbeck and his receivers was spotty at best.

Bottom line:

YOU SUCK SEATTLE AND YOU DESERVED TO LOSE!!!

bluengreen is offline Registered User

A Rams fan has little call to be telling us we suck this season, Ferter.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bluengreen
    A Rams fan has little call to be telling us we suck this season, Ferter.
    Regardless of the fact that the Rams did indeed suck this season, you still suck Seattle. Seattle's pro sports teams are famous for choking in big games. Take the mariners of a few seasons gone by for example. Ah, but you got the Sonics of days gone by.

30 years of seahawks futility and the franchise fails to seize the opportunity. Go ahead and tell me there were not 1000's of seahawks fans that figured the hawks would find a way to lose.

Personally, I was rooting for the hawks to win, simply for their diehard fans.

Sad times indeed for the diehard seahawks fans!!!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

My apologies to the Ram fans who wished to discuss the Super Bowl and our gracious visitors from Hawks land, but due to the inability of some (fans of both teams) to control their desires to smack like little kids, I'm going to have to close this thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123