Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: The 2006 Preseason All-NFC West Team (Version 1.0)

yea mine too.... every week last month.... there were like hundreds of people in there

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    I think I'm just sad cause the draft thread is closed.:sad:

Didn't mean to derail the thread.

I think until Bulger puts up a second full good season he isn't on the same level as Hasselback.

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Wow, great post. I agree with about 90% of what you wrote.

I would probably take Boldin over Fitzgerald, though.

At TE, I think you could make a case for Eric Johnson over Stevens. Johnson is a more reliable target, though he isn't as big a threat in the red zone.

Kind of surprised to see Heitmann at C. He's not bad, but I don't think of him as great. I don't disagree, though.

At LB, I would take Peterson over Dansby for the reasons GoldenFleece already mentioned.

Where I really disagree is at K. Rackers had a substantially better year. In addition to kicking 13 more FGs than Wilkins, he was also nearly 10% more accurate. Certainly Wilkins has had the better career, but I think Rackers' year should earn him the nod.

I'd also like to extend consideration to Joe Nedney. While he had 1 fewer FG than Wilkins, he was also more accurate.

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Along with the above list, here's my All-Up-And-Coming List for the NFC West:

OT: Kwame Bronw, Niners
    Another great post. Just one thing: who is Kwame Brown? Did you mean Kwame Harris? If so, he's on the verge of being considered a bust and losing his job to 2nd year guy Adam Snyder.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Kwame Brown is the former first round draft choice of the Washington Wizards. While he might be a decent OT prospect I, in fact, meant Kwame Harris.

Da-Rock is offline Registered User

It will be a transitionary season which usually means somewhere not too far from 8-8.

I do see the changes all being positive, but there has to be some type of transition. Players switching to a new style of both offense and defense.

I will say that I am really looking forward to a power running game by the Rams. It is something I love and I love big powerful RBs. So we shall see.........:-)

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

Good post Avenger. A few things stick out to me:

* Quarterback - People will make spirited arguments one way or another but I think the whole Hasselbeck vs. Bulger thing is a pick 'em. Bulger is a very smart and accurate QB who doesn't get rattled. But ability to stay on the field does account for something otherwise Marshall Faulk would still be one of the best RBs in the NFL in my eyes. Hasselbeck is clearly getting better year over year. Comparing career stats is one way to look at things but then again you could bring up career stats and say that Ricky Williams is better than Larry Johnson. But who would you rather have. Bulger and Hasselbeck are both quality QBs and the difference between them one way or another is so negligible that it's really not even worth the argument.

* Wide Receiver - Many people would probably disagree with me on this one but I believe that Torry Holt is not only the best receiver in the division, but he's the most complete receiver in the league. Based on the total package, I'd take holt over Moss, Owens, Harrison, and Ward. He's got deep speed, great hands, and a top notch work ethic. He never whines and isn't a big self promoter. A consumate team player that just produces and keeps his mouth shut. What else can you ask for? Fitzgerald and Boldin? Another pick 'em IMO. One of them is number two in the division and the other is number three. You pick.

* Tackles? Well that's a short conversation, now isn't it?

* Guards - I started to say "This dude is crazy..." then I realized he's right. Those two being the top guards in the division isn't a compliment to them, it's an indictment of the guard position in the NFC West. Yikes.

* Safeties - Hamlin's gonna be back in a big way. I just feel it. Got no proof.

* Center - Heitmann started for them last year but he's not even the best center on their team, Newberry (when healthy) is. But if Newberry is discounted because of the injury, then I'd say that - despite his age - Robbie Tobeck is next best and certainly better than Heitmann. Tobeck was voted to the Pro Bowl as an alternate for the first time in his career last year and actually merited the selection.

* Kicker - C'mon bro. You gotta give it up. Wilkins is good but if you're honestly saying best "right now", it's Rackers. He is absolute MONEY from anything less than 60 yards... and I'm only exaggerating by about 3 yards. If the Cards offense crosses the 50, they're puttin' up three points guaranteed. You can't even say that about Vinatieri or Vanderjagt. Rackers is easily a top 3 kicker in the entire NFL.
    Last edited by Large_Ant; -08-05-2006 at 03:48 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Wow, I can't really disagree with any of these selections, except for my personal deep-seeded biases(Marc Bulger MVP, thanks much). Great list IMO.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I don't have a problem with anyone who would put Rackers over Wilkins at this point. As I said, I made the decision based upon long-term play which, admittedly, is somewhat contrary to the general premise of my selections.

KCMasterpiece is offline Registered User

I like the list, but I do agree with Brain Daddy that Eric Johnson is the better TE.

Comparing quarterbacks like Bulger & Hasselbeck isn't easy. Neither one of them is clearly the better guy. Bulger has had a few injury problems in his career, Hasselbeck has been mostly injury-free. Bulger has better receivers but the lesser-talented offensive line. They're both accurate with good arms and decent mobility. If you put them both in the same setting with the same receivers, o-line and coach, they would most likely produce relatively the same stats.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO
    I don't know guys, I have such a wierd feeling somewhere between my gut and my chest. It is not really a good feeling either. I just don't know about this season. I think we could end up like the Vikes did after the numerous additions on their D. (Smoot, K.Willams, P.Williams, etc.)
    Yeah, but the Vikings had to give up Moss in the trade for Napoleon Harris, which made their offense much less lethal. The Rams have a better running back, much better receivers, and even -- in my opinion -- a better quarterback than the Vikings last season. If the defense performs as well as Minnesota's did at the end of last season, and the offense does as well as it has the past seven years, we'll be up for a playoff run.

RamsFan87 Guest

taht is a load of crap, I would take the rams units over any other teams units, in a heart beat.

I am seriuos, I would

But the bears d would be nice for us!!

Oh ok I would still take the rams d over the Bears.
    Last edited by HUbison; -08-23-2006 at 04:47 PM. Reason: merged posts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12