Rambos is offline Registered User

Aaron Berry latest Detroit Lions player arrested

By Cindy Boren

Corrnerback Aaron Berry was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol early Saturday, the fourth member of the Detroit Lions to be arrested this offseason.

In addition, Berry was arrested in Harrisburg, Pa., on two counts of causing accidental damage to an unattended vehicle or property and two counts of failure to stop and give information to law enforcement, according to WXYZ.com in Detroit. Berry reportedly struck two parked vehicles, then left the scene on foot. A witness who followed him called police and he was arrested at 4:45 a.m.

“I want to offer a sincere apology to the Lions organization, Lions fans, the coaches and all my teammates for my actions this past weekend,” Berry said in a statement released by the agency that represents him. “This is not the example I want to set for young people and it’s certainly not what my team and coaches expect from me. I promise to do everything in my power to make sure this never happens again. I understand these are just words and it will be my future actions that ultimately will speak for me.”

There have been six arrests involving four Lions players. Running back Mikel Leshoure was suspended for two games and fined two more game checks after being arrested twice for possession of marijuana. Defensive tackle Nick Fairley was arrested twice, for drunk driving and marijuana possession. Offensive lineman Johnny Culbreath was arrested for marijuana possession in late January.

“We are extremely disappointed in the reports involving Aaron Berry and the incident in Pennsylvania this past weekend,” the Lions said in a statement released this morning. “This is not the standard of behavior we expect from any member of our organization. We have strongly and repeatedly emphasized the need to be accountable on and off the field, which makes this incident with Aaron all the more disappointing. We will have further comments regarding this situation when appropriate.”
    There have been six arrests involving four Lions players, wow that's getting out of control. I keep hearing Lions players saying, thats just a few young guys and it's not a reflection of who we are. I'm not buying that one anymore, they need to cut someone to get control of this thing.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Aaron Berry latest Detroit Lions player arrested

Wow that team's really falling apart. If they keep this up, they might have half a roster when they face us.