Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: About Warner

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: About Warner

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    There MUST be a blue moon. This is, I think, the second time Avenger's posted something funny. Well below the Mendoza line for average, but I guess it proves just about anything's possible.
    Now my life is complete. I finally got Mok's approval.

moklerman is offline Registered User

Now my life is complete. I finally got Mok's approval.
    Boy, that lunar cycle sure didn't last long.

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    Viper, there are very few that are wishing more success for KW than for the Rams. As to moving, we all move at a different pace. If you are over it, that is great. If you don't want to discuss it, that is fine. But, maybe some of us do want to talk about it.

Suggestion to everyone, not just Viper. The threads each have a title. If the title doesn't interest you, don't click on it...
    Good points, thoey. It's just that this seems to be the one topic that divides the clan with all of the bickering...oh, the never ending bickering. After a year of it I guess I just had to vent. But, you and HUbison are correct, there apparently is still a need for it and this then would be the place for it. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman
    Boy, that lunar cycle sure didn't last long.
    I think we all know what part of your "cycle" you've been experiencing over the past week, Mok.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by viper3
    Good points, thoey. It's just that this seems to be the one topic that divides the clan with all of the bickering...oh, the never ending bickering. After a year of it I guess I just had to vent. But, you and HUbison are correct, there apparently is still a need for it and this then would be the place for it. Carry on.
    Seems to me if those that could care less about Warner stayed away from threads about Warner, the bickering might subside a bit. If it bothers you or you have no interest in it, just say no and abstain from it.

There are 3 certainties in life: death, taxes and posters with no interest in Kurt Warner posting their position regarding Kurt Warner.

I'll be perfectly honest. I don't care about Kurt Warner one bit at this point.

What I do find fascinating is the number of Ram fans (or, in the case of Mok, ex-Ram fans) who are still so hung up on Kurt. Its quite a phenomenon. I also find it amusing to see these fans' reactions to anyone who dares criticize Kurt.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Can't say I agree with that, from my personal perspective. I still care about Kurt. He's a stand-up man, one of the best quarterbacks I've ever seen play, and one of my all time favorite players. It's a shame that he's now on a team that's in direct competition with the Rams, but I'm glad he found a place where he can continue to play. That said, as long as he's with a divisional rival, I hope he struggles so it's harder for them to win and gain ground in the NFC West.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

What I do find fascinating is the number of Ram fans (or, in the case of Mok, ex-Ram fans) who are still so hung up on Kurt. Its quite a phenomenon. I also find it amusing to see these fans' reactions to anyone who dares criticize Kurt.
    What I find facinating is this obsession with questioning and being seemingly ticked off with Ram fans that still have an interest in Kurt Warner. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. It's harmless, really.

I have no problem with anyone criticizing Kurt Warner in the context of a thread. What amuses me are those that state that the discussion is old, a non-issue, getting tiresome or boring, then adding fuel to the very fire they claim to want extinguished.

Just a personal observation, but I'd bet Mok is still a Ram fan, although maybe not to the degree some seem to feel necessary.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Viper
    After a year of it I guess I just had to vent.
    People that don't vent, do crazy things like become serial killers or vote for Kerry...so by all means Viper, vent.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

What I do find fascinating is the number of Ram fans (or, in the case of Mok, ex-Ram fans) who are still so hung up on Kurt.
    First off, you should quit exaggerating or concoting things I've said in regards to the Rams. Second, I'm not "hung up" on Kurt Warner I'm a fan of his. I root for his success because he represents many of the aspects of football that I find desirable.

Lastly, I don't know how I could possibly compete with your sexist, low-brow, "humor" but I do know that if I only had to see examples of it every 28 days or so I would gladly adopt that cycle.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

I also find it amusing to see these fans' reactions to anyone who dares criticize Kurt.
    I too wonder why it has been a sin to criticize KW when he made some terrible decisions that negatively impacted the outcome of important games but his awesome support group have tried to deflect that poor play on playcalling, and inferring that anyone who should try to criticize him is ignorant ... as a football fan, which is ludicrous. Your gonna pay if your going to play :redface:

He was a great qb who paved the way to glory; but also IMHO, that is shared by many S. Cal RAMS fans and other NFL fans, he single handedly lost our last SB in New Orleans with poor decisions and turnovers (possibly combined with some poor playcalling and officiating).

Even the Beatles and Jesus Christ were not above reproach or even Jamaal Malcolm Warner :tongue:

Back on track, It is cool if you like KW no matter what his shortcomings are or were ... but I really do not care if you voice that right but if and when I read a post that I feel should be shared on a Phoenix site, I will definetely opine that instruction.

I surmise that AZ will see a trend of S. CAL based RAMS fans make the short journey to PHX to support and see if he really has the magic left in his bottle. It was a great move by D. Greene and the Bidwells. I think their attendance will improve greatly with him on the field. Good for them!

Good luck to KW and his personal stats but not to his team's success :bored:
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

Quote Originally Posted by fearlessone
    I surmise that AZ will see a trend of S. CAL based RAMS fans make the short journey to PHX to support and see if he really has the magic left in his bottle. It was a great move by D. Greene and the Bidwells. I think their attendance will improve greatly with him on the field. Good for them!
    I go to Phoenix often, so I plan on checking out a few more games other than the annual Ram visit, and will watch with great interest to see what the over-the hill, washed-up legend can still do. Too bad the new stadium isn't ready just yet, it's closer.

Back on track, It is cool if you like KW no matter what his shortcomings are or were ... but I really do not care if you voice that right but if and when I read a post that I feel should be shared on a Phoenix site, I will definetely opine that instruction.
    For the record, I will be rooting hard for the Rams to deliver a lopsided drubbing of Kurt Warner and the Cardinals when I attend that contest. Last years debacle still leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I expect retribution with extreme predjuduce.

Post that on the Cardinal board.

he single handedly lost our last SB in New Orleans with poor decisions and turnovers
    Is this the type of criticism you're talking about Warner fans trying to defend? In the very same post you downplay Warner's contributions in Rams victories while blaming him solely for the Super Bowl loss. C'mon, now.

He was a great qb who paved the way to glory; but also IMHO, that is shared by many S. Cal RAMS fans and other NFL fans, he single handedly lost our last SB in New Orleans with poor decisions and turnovers (possibly combined with some poor playcalling and officiating).
    I'm still trying to figure out how Warner single handedly lost our last SB. Was he responsible for the "poor playcalling and officiating"??

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

he single handedly lost our last SB in New Orleans with poor decisions and turnovers (possibly combined with some poor playcalling and officiating).
    It's one or the other. Either he single handedly lost our last SB for us, or playcalling and officiating also played a role. Someone can't single handedly lose something if there are other factors that contributed to the loss.

The interception that was returned for a touchdown hurt, but don't forget he was basically the main reason the game was tied with very little time on the clock at the end of that game.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast