Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Abraham heading to the Hawks???

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Last season. We haven't changed anything about it. Timmerman and McCollum are washed up. Pace, Barron and Terrell are our only hope.
    Wow unbelievable. Last season?????? Who cares about last season. If we used your logic we were horrible in 1998 so there's NO WAY we could WIN the superbowl the next season right........... Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

BBlades89 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OrlandoPaceIsMyHero
    If your defense was SO GREAT, why did you almost lose to THE RAMS?!?! (In the first game). If McDonald doesn't fumble, we have a decent shot at going to OT/winning that one!

Second game was a wash because we had so many injuries (including the head coach) plus... well no one will deny that we pretty much sucked last season anyway (LARRY MARMIE WAS OUR DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR! WTF?!?!).

Great job beating up on the pathetic Redskins O (could not pass at all) and the slightly more pathetic Panthers O in the postseason (could not run at all... just don't be like the bears and constantly blow your assignments covering Steve Smith) and them getting worked by the Steelers' average O in The Big Show. All of those teams were defense-based so don't try to argue that the postseason proves the greatness of your defense.

Congrats on getting Abraham - we'll see what you guys can do and if you can continue to fit it all under the cap.

I'll be cheering for my boy Walter Jones and maybe Hutch (if he is still there), and of course Grant and Bryce, but I sure do hate Hasselcries and Shaun the jerk.

Oh... and I'm sorry that your Coach happens to be the least likeable person of all time.

-OPIMH
    Abraham isn't a Hawk. They agreed to a trade, but don't have a deal with JA. You're right, the Hawks D did not play well against STL the 1st time. The 2nd game you talk about injuries, but the Hawks had some too. They lost Hamlin, didn't have Dyson completely healthy (when was he though lol), were just learning to play w/o Sharper (I believe it was one of Leroy Hill's 1st starts...if not his 1st), and were without Tubbs.

However, the defensive unit started picking it up more as the year went on. As far as the Hawks opponents....you don't choose who you play, but you still have to put em down and that's what the Hawks D did (except for the Super Bowl, lol).

Nice Jacket

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BBlades89
    Abraham isn't a Hawk. They agreed to a trade, but don't have a deal with JA. You're right, the Hawks D did not play well against STL the 1st time. The 2nd game you talk about injuries, but the Hawks had some too. They lost Hamlin, didn't have Dyson completely healthy (when was he though lol), were just learning to play w/o Sharper (I believe it was one of Leroy Hill's 1st starts...if not his 1st), and were without Tubbs.

However, the defensive unit started picking it up more as the year went on. As far as the Hawks opponents....you don't choose who you play, but you still have to put em down and that's what the Hawks D did (except for the Super Bowl, lol).
    Don't worry. You guys have a great D. Don't let anyone take that from you. Your guys D was very underrated all of last season and still didn't earn the respect it needed. Probrably the best team in the NFL. Colts lost and suck but no matter what Seattle is the most talented team.
    RamsFan16

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Last season. We haven't changed anything about it. Timmerman and McCollum are washed up. Pace, Barron and Terrell are our only hope.
    The whole equation is a little more involved than this in my opinion.

Whilst I may not be happy about the potential impact of Abraham in Seattle, I won't be quaking in my boots either.

Timmerman and McCollum may not be the players they once were but they didn't enjoy the best of seasons last year for a whole host of reasons, not the least of which was the question of offensive balance.

It's pretty hard to get on the front foot as an offensive lineman if you have to spend 50 plays a game backpedalling.

Timmerman was also playing through injury at times, Jackson had moments of brain funk behind the line occasionally, we had a rookie QB and a career journeyman start half the season, we had a rookie OC calling the plays, and we had a defense that was constantly putting us in bad positions.

I really think we need to take last season with a pinch of salt with regards to player evaluation. In any endeavour that goes horrifically wrong as last season did, it's extremely hard to take a surgical approach to identifying what went wrong. EVERYONE looks bad, and it's hard to separate wheat from chaff.

It's a lot easier when things are going well because poor performance tends to stand out, and it's easier to identify problems.

It's the art of people management, and we screwed it up big time last year culminating in the mess that was our season. We had people failure everywhere.

With Timmerman and McCollum you have 2 guys who have done it in the past and may well do it again. We should be evaluating these men against a succession plan and their eventual successors, not the fact that the opposition might have signed a guy with good numbers in the past and a big name.

Free agency is a crazy time that rewards previous performance it is no indicator of future performance and this applies to Abraham, Glover Witherspoon, Frerotte and Brown as much as anyone else.

So lets not panic 16, let's just wait and see how it all shakes out and have faith that Linehan and friends can come up with a game plan that manages to avoid having one man shut our offense down.

I'm fairly confident that they will....................

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

To all the overreacters and overly-sensitive people out there...

Abraham is a good player, but not a world beater.

The Seahawks already have two decent DEs that they are paying a lot of money, so its questionable whether they should be spending a lot of money and a #1 draft choice on a guy like Abraham.

The Seahawks defense, by any measure, is good, not great. Abraham won't change that all by himself.

A DE like Abraham won't have much of an impact on the Rams/Seahawks rivalry. Ask Michael Strahan and Dwight Freeney just how much the Rams tackles suck.

Right now, it looks like the Hawks only have a 50% chance of getting Abraham anyway.

general counsel is online now Registered User

I just dont know what games you were watching rams16 when you say that wistrom and fischer killed us. Also, barron will be close to full speed this year which is a major upgrade on our line from when barron was an unproven rookie. If the hawks get a shutdown corner to go with truffant, if one is even available, it will help them a lot more than signing abraham. frankly, i think that resigning rocky bernard was a great move by them, i was hoping that they would lose him. The key is incremental impact on a roster and its salary cap impact and i dont see how adding a third guy at that position for all that money and a #1 pick is going to mean that "were done"

Go rewatch the rams hawks games from last year and watch how badly we killed ourselves with turnovers.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Instead of just getting more and more defensive ends, maybe the hawks could get another corner so thats Bulger doesnt have two open guys to pass it to when the Rams come out in a 4WR set

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247
    Instead of just getting more and more defensive ends, maybe the hawks could get another corner so thats Bulger doesnt have two open guys to pass it to when the Rams come out in a 4WR set
    QUOTE]Seahawks | Team reportedly interested in Law
    Sat, 18 Mar 2006 07:43:30 -0800

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports the Seattle Seahawks are reportedly interested in free agent CB Ty Law (Jets). Law wouldn't come cheap. He's believed to be seeking a $10 million signing bonus.[/QUOTE]
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

STLRAMSFAN Guest

How much damn money do these Seachickens have they seem like they are adding players and not losing anyone of importance.

well. They don't spend big money on people that suck. us with coakley, claiborne, hawthroen. They make smart moves.
    RamsFan16

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

RF16 isnt your RAMSfan16? Why are you so set on us sucking this year? Is it because Iowa got knocked out of the ncaa tournament(in the first round to northwestern state a 14 seed) and your depressed or something?

general counsel is online now Registered User

hey rams16, do you think wistrom was worth the money that they paid him. not even close. again, you are comparing apples to oranges. the guys you are citing that we signed that "sucked" were not expensive, coakley got hurt, hawthorne was dirt cheap and claiborne was barely on the field before he hurt his knee. why are you so down on the rams?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

I'm not. I'm just pissed that our front office took this long to finally get a hint of time for rebuilding. I wouldn't be mad it if had happened two years ago but for a few years we will always be a step behind Seattles D. They had solid/good/great players before/if Abraham comes. They will have another great player. The Rams have solid/2 good players. I'm just mad at the Front Office in spending way to much money on the offense trying to sell tickets rather than winning championships. For instance you guys may disagree but I really think we paid Bruce way to much. He was hurt last season and even when he came back he wasn't the same. THey just gave him the money to keep the fans happy. You guys may disagree on this but that is what I think.
    RamsFan16

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

When Bruce came back he was still hurt, he tried his best when maybe he should have sat out the rest of the season because turf toe does not heal without time.

Let it go. Move on RF16 you are pissed about something that already happened and you can't change. Move on. Don't worry about what Seattle is doing, you don't know how good or bad they will be, let the past years go and worry about the Rams this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I'm not. I'm just pissed that our front office took this long to finally get a hint of time for rebuilding. I wouldn't be mad it if had happened two years ago but for a few years we will always be a step behind Seattles D. They had solid/good/great players before/if Abraham comes. They will have another great player. The Rams have solid/2 good players. I'm just mad at the Front Office in spending way to much money on the offense trying to sell tickets rather than winning championships. For instance you guys may disagree but I really think we paid Bruce way to much. He was hurt last season and even when he came back he wasn't the same. THey just gave him the money to keep the fans happy. You guys may disagree on this but that is what I think.

Wouldn't you be in a state of relief? Now that the FO FINALLY did this rebuilding. I think you're a little out of line with this Seattle crap. Look at who Seattle played the whole year. I really don't think they're all THAT great. They were almost beat by a few terrible teams, but aside from that, sure they went to the SB this year and all. But I really don't think they're THAT superior of a team. Don't forget we got a lot of talent on Defense. we just gotta find out how to use that potential and untap it. And the answer to that is Haslett. He'll teach them well, and then we'll be great, and still have a great offense with Bruce whom btw we did need, and I believe was a necessary thing to do to retain him. Don't be so down on the Rams man! Don't be such a pessimest, try to think positive!!!!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast