C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Adam Jones Anyone???

I mean I saw this guy on Pros vs Joes, and the kid still has it. He was covering those Joes like white on rice. He may not quite fit into our "four pillars" but hey its worth a shot. What say ye?

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

Re: Adam Jones Anyone???

I thought he just beat on hookers and since they don't have souls, he's not breaking any crimes-- right? Oh sweet technicality...

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

C'mon guys, he was just being rebellion.....
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

flying t-bird is offline Registered User

first, before i even say anthing, picture this. Ron Bartell and Adam "Pacman" Jones....that would be a FORCE in this league for years to come. I"m always a fan for giving a player a second chance, and if you're the rams, WHY NOT??? Rams fans- it's time to pre order your pacman jones jerseys and get ready for the ride of a lifetime....I am.

Quote Originally Posted by flying t-bird View Post
    first, before i even say anthing, picture this. Ron Bartell and Adam "Pacman" Jones....that would be a FORCE in this league for years to come. I"m always a fan for giving a player a second chance, and if you're the rams, WHY NOT??? Rams fans- it's time to pre order your pacman jones jerseys and get ready for the ride of a lifetime....I am.
    t-bird, I hear what you are saying, but at the same time why should a team tie up a substantial amount of money in a player they cannot guarantee will be available to play because of a suspension, arrest, non-football related injury, etc.?

Yes possibly the same chance a team is taking hoping a player won't get injured ON the field and thus unable to play, but not really the same thing.

Yes, some players can grow up and become semi-responsible citizens but it seems too many are poor examples to youth. And yes, the same attitudes which helped them to become stand-outs in their profession is what gets them into trouble.

Being coddled and having those in positions of authority 'look the other way' because of some potential an athlete shows only serves to perpetuate the condition.

I wonder how many Chemical Engineers or Architects, or (ahem) Lawyers, etc. who were in school without benefit of an athletic scholarship had the authorities 'look the other way' if they got into trouble.

Yes, the prospect of having 'superstar' players on a team is always exciting. But I would rather have 'superstar' players who are willing to be a part of the team and not sulking if they don't get enough touches or catches or whatever it is which inflates their numbers (in an effort to get a bigger paycheck) at the expense of the team effort.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Adam Jones. Talk about not having a pillar to stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Adam Jones. Talk about not having a pillar to stand on.
    But he CAN make it 'rain'?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

jmk321 is offline Registered User

He's not even good enough on the field to take the risk on. He was a liability in coverage for Dallas last year. He was pretty much a useless player on the field last year even before he got into more trouble. On returns he wouldn't do anything either. It is clear that his off field problems have effected him on the field and he never really lived up to the hype coming out of college even before his off the field issues aside from what he did in the return game.

rammiser is offline Registered User

If Adam Jones was so "good" wouldnt he still be on the Cowboys roster? I think the Cowboys realized he just isnt all that great of a player. This from a team that isnt exactly great at the corner position to begin with, again NO THANKS TO PACMAN. Oh and by the way sticking to regular guys off the street like glue isnt exactly saying much, plus he did get beat a couple times by those average Joes in man coverage none the less. Also if you watch the show he has no temper control and acts like a punk, he is obviousley rehabilitated.
    Just Fix It

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

If memory serves PacMan Jones got his second chance, and joined Jerry Jones circus as one of the clowns. Unproductive and destructive at the worste, under-achieving at the least, now thats a great acquistion.

Wasn't all that long ago some fans where pitching the idea of getting M. Vick. People, there are disfunctional personalities in the world, and nothing can redeem them. O.J. got a free pass, but instead of counting his blessings and keeping out of trouble, what does he do? He gets all vigilantee in some Las Vegas hotel--now he spends his time in one of Nevada's finest institutions.

Here is the rub:

Lets say the Rams do sign Jones with a very restrictive contract with conduct clauses. The he has another "oops, me bad" moment. Its possible whatever attorny he hires can get him his money despite what the contract says, so the Rams face loosing $$$. Further having him on the roster takes up a spot on a limited sized place. His oops then cost the Rams the opportunity to perhaps train and develop someone who isn't prone to those OOOps.

At what point does one use up their second chances? How many players in the history of the NFL turned their lives around and made the most of their opportunities against those that continued to mess up?

As much as the Rams are entertainment, they are also a business least we forget. In order to succeed in business they need to put a successeful product on the field and minimize risks. Jones is a risk--a very bad risk. Maybe he can go to the Raiders--if there was ever a team for misfits, malcontents, and social outcasts. If Jones can prove himself there, maybe the Rams can look at him again after he proves himself--today he hasn't proven anything other then his ability to screw up