throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Addition by Seattle Subtraction

While the Rams have been very successful so far in FA, the Seahawks are learning that with success, comes erosion.

While they retained Alexander, they have already lost Joe Jurevicius and Marquand Manuel, and seem likely to lose Steve Hutchinson and Rocky Bernard. They also let Jamie Sharper go, though he didn't contribute as expected last year.

The gap is closing fast.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Addition by Seattle Subtraction

Ive been hearing that Seattle are going after John Abraham as well. If that happens i think the odd man out is going to be Grant Wistrom. I wouldnt mind having him back in the horns, although i doubt i would trade for him.

BigGameHolt Guest

Seattle seems like they are totally falling apart since the SB loss, even tho putting the tag on alexander kept him in seattle they are losing players and dont seem like theyre goin after many either.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Seattle had ONE good year. One year can totally revamp one team. Good or bad, and Seattle crybabies are not gonna be that good next year.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6
    Seattle had ONE good year. One year can totally revamp one team. Good or bad, and Seattle crybabies are not gonna be that good next year.
    They should still be a very good team next year but the Rams have without a doubt closed the gap.

moklerman Guest

I don't know that there was much of a gap to start with. Even in 2004, the Rams had Seattle's number regardless of anything they did on offense. The big difference last year was Bulger and Martz forcing the Rams to play them differently than in the past. Even without the changes the Rams have made on D, they can stand toe to toe with Seattle as long as they're healthy.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Seattle might not be the problem as much as Arizona

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    The same thing was said last year. If the Cards don't fix their O-Line, Edge won't be half as effective as he was in Indy and it will be the Same Old Sorry A*s Cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

It will be interesting to see what Seattle does with the holes they now have. FA is taking its toll on them.

I wonder if they have plans to get a new kicker. That would be up there on my list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BBlades89 Guest

It's funny how the Hawks lose a backup safety, a #3 WR, and maybe their best guard and now the Hawks suck, lol.

Everyone also thought that the Seahawks MLB situation SUCKED too!

Hutch hasn't oficially left yet, and if he does, that sucks, but I trust the FO to fix it, unlike years past. We're a way off from the 2006 season. The game is won on the field.

RamJackson39 Guest

They're still Arizona. Not much to worry about

coy bacon Guest

Guys,
    Seattle owned us last season. Period.

They went to the big show. We watched.

All of us expected to own them last season. They had big contract problems with SA. They hated their coach. They were perpetual losers. We all knew this, and we expected them to roll over and die. But guess what, they didn't.

So please stop this premature celebration over their sudden assumed weaknesses. Somehow they got the job done last season. They even got jobbed a bit in the SB or maybe they win it all.

Do all the fantasizing you want about their decline. Sounds like a bunch of school girls hoping that the high school stud is going to ask them to the prom, and reading every move he makes to their favor. I take the Hawks very seriously and cast them a wary eye. I would not be too surprized to see SA run through us like he did last season as well.

We learned the hard way last season that our divison is much tougher than we thought didn't we?

We've got no right to dance a jig in the face of our opponents that owned us last season.

(On the other hand, I still smile about the world's greatest comeback in Seattle 2 seasons ago.)

sbramfan Guest

I would have to agree that there seems to be a sentiment on this board that Seattle had a lucky year or something...

The Rams squeeked out 8 wins 2 years ago and only 6 last year. The Seahawks are a solid team that has most of the pieces of the puzzle together.

The Rams are barely able to patch the holes that have been taking on water in this ship, whereas the Seahawks have been fine tuning their motor.

The Rams have continuously drafted and aquired a revolving door at Linebacker, Safety, and DT. This is keeping them from getting to the next level. Again this year we are not upgrading some of our positions that may be losing a step, we are still on year 3 of trying to fix the same old problems. While this is happening, manyh teams (likely Arizona being one of them) have been more efficient in drafting and FA acquisitions.

We don't even know how well our motor is running, because we're too busy bailing water and trying to fix the holes. Many just assume that the Rams motor is still working perfectly, but we really don't know. While we continuosly try to fix these positions, our O'line, speical teams, CB's, TE, etc.. are not being upgraded and fine tuned. Eventually this will catch up with us.

Not sure what it accomplishes to underestimate and discount a team that had 12 wins when the Rams had 6 and lost to them both times. Wake up and smell the coffee. Not to say we don't have a legitamit shot if we finally do fix these problems, but this isn't 2001 anymore. Or even 2004.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

It's funny how the Hawks lose a backup safety, a #3 WR, and maybe their best guard and now the Hawks suck, lol.
    Blades, I agree the story of the Hawks demise is greatly exaggerated. However, losing Hutchinson does cause a problem. Regardless of who takes his place, the line will be downgraded.

Don't get me wrong, you guys are still the team to beat, not just in the division but the conference........but losing Hutch is a bad blow for you guys.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think its the likely loss of a starting OG and DT that the Hawks should be most concerned about. You know what they say about winning and losing in the trenches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast