Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Addition by Seattle Subtraction

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    Seattle might not be the problem as much as Arizona
    Well Stated my friend you may be hitting it on the nail ! !

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

I absolutely agree that the hawks are the team to beat no doubt about it , But at the same time I would like recognize the fact that our rams had more turmoil than a soap opera show on tv this will cause more problems than you can shake a stick at , I truly believe we will be a team to beat with some of things we are doing new coaches and players on D we will make a difference we have for a long time some great players we just had serous problems the rolled down hill and it showed in are play , We where lucky to when the games we did last year , Lets not forget that the mental part of this game is a major part to winning and our mental part of the game last year was 0% just my opinion ...
    Last edited by OldRamsfan; -03-14-2006 at 01:18 PM.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

the hawks are just so amazing that they dont' need to sign anyone, that's how good they are, yeah super bowl XL, BS refs man bs refs!

LOL

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

fred10licious is offline Registered User

The edge has a very good chance to reviatalize Kurt Warner. he will keep the defense honest and the only other two teams in the league w/ a better 1-2-3 punch is STL w/ holt, bruce, curtis. or washington w/ Moss, Randel-el, Lloyd. Arizonas Fitz, Boldin and Johnson and a very respectable 1-2-3 they dont drop alot and they are all very young... more worried about ARZ than SEA

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fred10licious
    The edge has a very good chance to reviatalize Kurt Warner. he will keep the defense honest and the only other two teams in the league w/ a better 1-2-3 punch is STL w/ holt, bruce, curtis. or washington w/ Moss, Randel-el, Lloyd. Arizonas Fitz, Boldin and Johnson and a very respectable 1-2-3 they dont drop alot and they are all very young... more worried about ARZ than SEA
    I don't think Moss/ Randle El/ Lloyd is all that impressive. I think Indy's Harrison/ Wayne/ Stokley is probably next best to ours. Then Cinci's Chad Johnson/ Houshmandzadeh/ Henry. Arizona probably ranks fourth. If you include TEs as receiving options, I'd say the Giants, Bills, Green Bay, and maybe even the Ravens (Mason/Heap/Clayton) all stack up well compared to the Skins.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I think the hawks biggest down fall will be hiring Marmie as a DB's assistant. He will teach their DB's how to effectively play 5-10 yards off the receiver. LOL
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

general counsel is offline Registered User

I wouldnt get too excited as a rams fan by what is going on in seahawk land yet. They have a ton of cap money to spend. I predict that they will keep hutch, still have money to spend, and have hutch at very very favorable numbers cap wise in the future. As long as they have hasselbeck, that o line and a functional defense, they are going to be very tough to beat. Not impossible of course, but tough.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    I wouldnt get too excited as a rams fan by what is going on in seahawk land yet. They have a ton of cap money to spend. I predict that they will keep hutch, still have money to spend, and have hutch at very very favorable numbers cap wise in the future. As long as they have hasselbeck, that o line and a functional defense, they are going to be very tough to beat. Not impossible of course, but tough.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    But to keep Hutch, he has to be the highest paid lineman on the team. Jones signed a 7 year, $50 million contract last year. Are they going to want to pay more than that for Hutch? Maybe, but that's over $14 million per year for the next 7 years for 40% of their starting O-line.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

I hear you hubison. I cant speak for walter jones and how he will view the money hutch gets. what i can say, is that money goes up over time as the cap goes up.

Hutch's contract is very front end loaded so i am not sure what the cap impacts will be down the road. I think that russkel clearly knows what he is doing. THey offered hutch 5.8 mill per year. THe incremental diff on the vikings offer isnt that much, especially when you consider that the cap will continue to go up over time. Sure, its front end loaded, but they still have money to spend.

Note, i have been trolling the seahawks board a bit, good group of guys, many of them are very very solid and knowledgeable.

Personally, i think that they are very exposed at backup qb. i dont see seneca wallace as a legit backup. I think they need a real guy behind hasselbeck. In addition, i still think that they are relatively weak at wide receiver.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

THey offered hutch 5.8 mill per year. THe incremental diff on the vikings offer isnt that much
    But with the "highest paid lineman" clause from the Vikings, the situation isn't Vikings offer vs. Hawks offer, it's the Hawks offer vs. Jones current contract.

Now, I agree, Ruskell is a genius, but to go from offering $5.8 mil to over $7.1 mil is a pretty big step....that's about $10 mil extra over the life of the contract. They may pony up, but that's quite a chunk of change.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Just a thought, but the clause only applies to 2006, right? So what if Walter Jones took a paycut this year and converted into guaranteed salary for next year? Then Jones isn't the highest paid in 2006. If Jones was game, wouldn't that work?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Seahawks will have the dreaded Superbowl Loser Hangover. Never mind the Cards and Rams are closing the gap. Should be a very interesting race for the divison title minus the Seahawks.

:clanram:

ImJohnWayne is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Quote Originally Posted by fred10licious
    Edge had the advantage of Playcalling and a dominate O-Line in Indy... He has neither in Arizona. He is a great talent, but he is going to have to make things happen by himself and Barry Sanders hes not.

Arizona is setting themselves up to be a lot like the Texans with great skill position players but nothing solid to bring it together.

Also, if Warner goes down (which is likely with that weak o-line) they are done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12