r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Aikman on Warner

Speaking of Eli Manning, I'm surprised that he is not the starting quarterback of the Giants by now. Before the season began, I didn't expect Kurt Warner to still be the starter at the midway point of the season.

That's a credit to the way Warner has played -- and to the entire Giants team. Forget about Warner for a moment. Most believed the Giants had too many holes -- especially along the offensive line -- to be a legitimate contender this year. The offensive line has surprised and actually been one of the strengths of this team, having played relatively consistent all season.

As a result, Warner has played great. His numbers at the end of the season will not be indicative of how well he's played, simply because of the system. He's only got four touchdown passes on the year -- in St. Louis, he would have had that many by Week 2. So even though he only has two interceptions, they are enough to lower his passer rating. That's why people who don't see him week in and week out probably don't appreciate how well he's played.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Aikman on Warner

He certainly has played well, and should be making a strong case for other teams in need of a quarterback. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears had his phone number on speed dial, with their quarterback problems this season.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    He certainly has played well, and should be making a strong case for other teams in need of a quarterback. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears had his phone number on speed dial, with their quarterback problems this season.
    Nick, I agree, the Bears would be a perfect fit, but for some reason, da' Bears seem really stubborn about making a permanent starter out of Grossman. I'm starting to believe more and more that he will be a panther next season. Delhomme is looking like a one year anomoly on a team that needs some consistency. Another idea may be Buffalo. He could do the same thing for Losman that he is doing for Eli.
    Quote Originally Posted by R8rh8rMike
    Warner has played great.
    I love the fact that Kurt is playing great. He's a great rags-to-riches story and will always be one of my favorite Rams. I hope (and believe) his success continues on wherever he plays...as long as he's not playing us.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Nick, I agree, the Bears would be a perfect fit, but for some reason, da' Bears seem really stubborn about making a permanent starter out of Grossman. I'm starting to believe more and more that he will be a panther next season. Delhomme is looking like a one year anomoly on a team that needs some consistency. Another idea may be Buffalo. He could do the same thing for Losman that he is doing for Eli.
    It would be great if Warner could settle in somewhere and finish his career with one team. I would hate to see him relegated to being a set up guy like Steve Deberg became. Warner is still much too viable for that IMO.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    It would be great if Warner could settle in somewhere and finish his career with one team. I would hate to see him relegated to being a set up guy like Steve Deberg became. Warner is still much too viable for that IMO.
    On a lighter note however, if the rest of his career does model Deberg, KW should have about 12 years left. Didn't Deberg retire at 45?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Actually , Deberg is still playing in the Iceland Football League! :redface:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!