Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Albert Haynesworth

I'm sure you all saw what he did, kicking the Cowboys center in the face when he was on the ground and without his helmet. This was just disgraful, he caused 30 stitches around his eye and could have very well blinded him in said eye. I wonder what his punishment will be, I would fine him around $75,000 and suspend him for 2 games.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Re: Albert Haynesworth

Haynesworth expects punishment for stomping Gurode
    ESPN.com news services

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was ejected early in the third quarter Sunday after he kicked Dallas center Andre Gurode in the face. Now the tackle expects to be punished, and knows he deserves it.

"I apologize to Andre," Haynesworth said. "What I did was disgusting. It's something that should never happen. I mean, I'm not a dirty player. I don't play dirty. I have respect for the game. What I feel like is I disgraced the game, disgraced my team and disgraced my last name."

Julius Jones had just scored on a 5-yard run, putting Dallas up 20-6 in what wound up as a 45-14 victory. Gurode's helmet came off, and Haynesworth, standing over him, used his right foot to kick Gurode in the head.

"What I did was disgusting," the Titans' Albert Haynesworth said of his stomp on Cowboys center Andre Gurode's face.

Gurode said they hadn't been talking or having any exchanges that led to Haynesworth kicking him twice. He received stitches above his forehead and beneath his eye.

"In all my years of football, this has never happened to me. I've never been kicked in the face like this, and I've never seen anybody kick nobody else in the face," Gurode said.

A flag was thrown, and Haynesworth followed an official toward the Titans' sideline, protesting.

Haynesworth pulled off his helmet and slammed it to the ground, prompting another flag. Referee Jerome Boger disqualified Haynesworth, and the player walked off the field after talking briefly with Titans coach Jeff Fisher.

The coach called Haynesworth's actions unacceptable and promised he would be punished by the Titans even if the NFL disciplines him.

"It's ridiculous to get to that point. Two back-to-back penalties like that, there's no place for it," Fisher said.

Gurode didn't play the rest of the second half.

"This vision was kind of blurry in my left eye," he said. "If it was clear, I would have tried to come back in to play."

Information from ESPN.com's John Clayton and The Associated Press was used in this report.

RnD

GO RAMS!!
    Last edited by RamWraith; -10-02-2006 at 07:18 AM.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I don't care how much AH apologized after the game, what he did to Gurode, wa sbeyond, unsportsmanlike and dirty; it was a criminal offense. That was assault with the intent to do bodily harm. He needs to be made an example of and have criminal charges brought against him. Also the maximum fine and suspension should be applied to him by the NFL. No mercy for this despicable player.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I don't care how much AH apologized after the game, what he did to Gurode, wa sbeyond, unsportsmanlike and dirty; it was a criminal offense. That was assault with the intent to do bodily harm. He needs to be made an example of and have criminal charges brought against him. Also the maximum fine and suspension should be applied to him by the NFL. No mercy for this despicable player.
    Agreed. I'd file criminal charges against him, if I were the Cowboy.

..however, I will say that when I first saw the video, I was hopin' the guy on the ground was a certain #81.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

The NFL Comissioner today suspended Haynesworth for 5 games. He reportedly makes $1.6 M a year so this will cost him $500K in salary with a possible fine coming from th HFL also.

No report yet on whether or not Fisher and the team are going to add their own penalty.

RnD

GO RAMS!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

There likely would not have been a penalty too big for this guy, IMO. That was disgusting to watch, and his apology afterwards didn't make me feel sorry for him either. You just don't do that, and hopefully he learns his lesson. Five games sounds fine but I wouldn't have complained if he would have received more.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    There likely would not have been a penalty too big for this guy, IMO. That was disgusting to watch, and his apology afterwards didn't make me feel sorry for him either. You just don't do that, and hopefully he learns his lesson. Five games sounds fine but I wouldn't have complained if he would have received more.
    Agreed, Nick. It would not bother me in the least to see him banned from the NFL for life. The attack was tantamount to assault but he would no doubt be found "temporarily insane" due to 'roid rage.:x

RnD

GO RAMS!!:l

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I don't know that 5 games is enough for something like that. it takes total disregard for some to do that. Completely uncalled for behavior...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

thoey is offline Registered User

I am still going to wait and see what Tennessee does. Fisher ran over at the end of the game and told Parcells that if the NFL didn't fine him enough, not to worry, they would.

So, Fisher, was it enough?
    This space for rent...

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

In the UK there have been an increasing number of incidents that occurred on sporting fields that have been subject to criminal proceedings. From ear biting and eye gouging in rugby, assault in football and even brawling with the crowd in cricket it's become clear that sport has to be increasingly rigorous in how it treats the things that happen on the field.

Personally I think that Haynesworth should be banned for the rest of the season and be subject to criminal investigation.
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -10-03-2006 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Fat fingers

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Kicking someone with a cleated shoe, in a defenseless position, in the face, is not only a cowardly act but assault with a deadly weapon. He should have been suspended for the entire season with the possibility of a lifetime ban.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

That guy wouldn't play for the rest of the season. To me 5 games aint enough. The sport is brutal enough than having to deal with a ****** who kick people when the down in the head with cleats graded for grass.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

It was dispicable. How can you do that to someone? I don't care how fired up you're in a game. It's UNACCEPTABLE.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I have been raised to believe 2 wrongs don't make a right. Well C'mon how did this guy not get attacked by the Cowboys? Where was the support from the teammates? Gosh we see bench clearing brawls in baseball when a batter gets hit or even brushed back. Just seems to me the the emotions of an NFL game are so high that some sort of retaliation should have occurred. Right or wrong something other than letting this guy walk off the field should have taken place. :x

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

agreed...love or hate Kyle Turley, one thing he always did was stick up and fight for his teamates. Only thing I can figure is no one saw it. Otherwise the cowboys are a bunch of pansies for letting that happen to their teamate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast