sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Albert Haynesworth

Pretty off topic here, but I see he is probably still on the trading block and could be acquired for cheap.

Me and the next ClanRam member both know how dominant he is in the 4-3 scheme. Not only was he a pro bowl player, he helped his team out tremendously both in stopping then run, and even rushing the passer.

I know there is some concerns about the money, and how he now isn't a team player. But c'mon, I understand everything that he is going through and I support him. I mean, in his contract, they said he would only play for a 4-3 and they totally switched it up on him.

Also switching to NT would definently obliviate his chances in the Hall Of Fame. Like Marshall Faulk said " how many nose guards do you see in the Hall Of Fame".

He does not want to play there, clearly, and we could offer something cheap and get a beast in return. I see we signed both Chris Hovan and Fred Robbins, but both for short term stop gaps.

What do you guys think?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Albert Haynesworth

I think Shanahan offered to let him go and sign with whomever he chose if he was willing to forgo the $21 million bonus in April. Haynesworth took the money, and now the Redskins aren't going to let him go without getting a return on their investment. Yes, his talents will be somewhat wasted as a nose tackle in the 3-4, but he's definitely playing in Washington this season.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Pretty off topic here, but I see he is probably still on the trading block and could be acquired for cheap.

Me and the next ClanRam member both know how dominant he is in the 4-3 scheme. Not only was he a pro bowl player, he helped his team out tremendously both in stopping then run, and even rushing the passer.

I know there is some concerns about the money, and how he now isn't a team player. But c'mon, I understand everything that he is going through and I support him. I mean, in his contract, they said he would only play for a 4-3 and they totally switched it up on him.

Also switching to NT would definently obliviate his chances in the Hall Of Fame. Like Marshall Faulk said " how many nose guards do you see in the Hall Of Fame".

He does not want to play there, clearly, and we could offer something cheap and get a beast in return. I see we signed both Chris Hovan and Fred Robbins, but both for short term stop gaps.

What do you guys think?
    Seriously? IF I am paying a 21 million dollar salary bonus, that person will play what ever position I tell them to play. I have no respect for a guy that is gonna hold out after signing the richest contract ever for a defensive lineman. This guy has been nothing but a crybaby since he went to Washington. I am glad Shannahan chose to call him out on his "conditioning", maybe a little public humiliation will make him stop whining about being a NT.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

No, he looks to have the characteristics of Cogs and Barron put together. Underachiever/bonehead combination is not good for our environment and Spags already just pulled out those weeds.