• 1 Post By laram0
  • 2 Post By chucknbob
  • 1 Post By r8rh8rmike
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam
  • 1 Post By BlueTalon

Thread: Aldon Smith arrested at LAX for false report of bomb

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

Aldon Smith arrested at LAX for false report of bomb

Another problem with the 9ers. First Kap, now Aldon. Also another Mizzou arrest.
    8:00 PM PT -- Smith was released after posting $20k bail.
    5:59 PM PT -- Smith has been booked on one count of "false report of a bomb threat."

If convicted, Smith faces up to one year behind bars.

5:31 PM PT -- Multiple law enforcement sources tell TMZ Sports ... Aldon appeared to be drunk at the time of the incident.

San Francisco ***** superstar Aldon Smith was just arrested at LAX after allegedly yelling "bomb" in the airport terminal ... TMZ Sports has learned.

Law enforcement says the drama began at the security gate -- when he was randomly selected for a secondary screening.

Cops say Smith became "belligerent and uncooperative with the process and with the TSA agent making a comment indicating that he was in possession of a bomb before proceeding toward the gate area."

TMZ Sports obtained video showing Smith in handcuffs ... telling police he did nothing wrong. He also says they're going to be "embarrassed."

Cops say Smith was uncooperative during the arrest. He was eventually transported to a nearby LAPD station to be booked.

Smith has a long history with the law -- the 24-year-old defensive end was arrested in 2012 for DUI and in 2013, he was charged with 3 counts of illegal possession of an assault weapon stemming from a violent incident at his home in San Joe, Ca where Smith was stabbed.

It's just another problem for the ***** -- a team that's already dealing with the investigation involving QB Colin Kaepernick in Florida.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Re: Aldon Smith arrested at LAX for false report of bomb

What an idiot!! I have no sympathy for him regarding this. The fact he's a whiner just makes it funnier.

I actually envision this being a drunken version of Meet the Parents where Ben Stiller gets in trouble for saying "bomb".

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I'm just sitting back with a smile on my face, hoping that this legal trouble the whiners players are having will lead to the self destruction of the team....
    sosa39rams likes this.

TurlockRam is offline Registered User

I can't wait to see the full report of this. I just can't fathom he made a real bomb threat. I could see a situation where he was getting patted down which he thought was getting to personal, and he thought it crossed the line and he smarted off and said something in a facitious manner such as "What do you think, I have a bomb up my ass?" They didn't like his attitude so they call it a bomb threat. I'll wait for the full story before I believe it.
    DE_Ramfan and Haste like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

This guy is a couple sandwiches short of a picnic!
    MauiRam likes this.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    This guy is a couple sandwiches short of a picnic!
    He had to take the sandwiches out of the cooler to fit all the beer inside.
    MauiRam and laram0 like this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

This guy is just plain dumb. Everybody knows if you say "bomb" in front of a TSA agent, under ANY circumstances, you're begging for trouble. Smith did just that, and he got what he asked for. I hate dealing with TSA, but I'm smart enough to know just to keep my mouth shut, and do what they say.

It'll be interesting to see if he gets real punishment, or just a slap on the wrist, given his past multiple DUI's, drug charges, stabbing incident, and last years rehab.
    sosa39rams likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    This guy is just plain dumb. Everybody knows if you say "bomb" in front of a TSA agent, under ANY circumstances, you're begging for trouble. Smith did just that, and he got what he asked for. I hate dealing with TSA, but I'm smart enough to know just to keep my mouth shut, and do what they say.
    Nick likes this.

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TurlockRam View Post
    I can't wait to see the full report of this. I just can't fathom he made a real bomb threat. I could see a situation where he was getting patted down which he thought was getting to personal, and he thought it crossed the line and he smarted off and said something in a facitious manner such as "What do you think, I have a bomb up my ass?" They didn't like his attitude so they call it a bomb threat. I'll wait for the full story before I believe it.
    At every airport I have been to recently, there are signs all over the place warning against joking about bombs -- they say they'll take every mention of a bomb seriously.

I don't necessarily agree with the current approach to security, but that doesn't mean I'm going to disrespect or disregard the people doing the job, and I'm sure as hell not going to be stupid enough say anything about a bomb when the signs say not to (or else).

P.S. I love watching the digits implode.
    laram0 likes this.