Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Re: Am I the last sane person on this planet?

Yes Avenger, you are, and with this comes a serious responsibility, one I trust you do not take lightly.

(You are, however, to be allowed the occasional lapse whereby you are transformed into a medeivel knight of the realm, on the neverending quest of the Spiral Horns. Very enjoyable reading...please keep it up.)

"the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Yes, some would say that my Muse is somewhat off... but at least I have one!

Masspatsfan12 Guest

I agree Mr Avengar does provide us with some real thought provoking articles on this site.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I hate to bring this up again, but...from ESPN
    This past April, Owens signed with Rosenhaus, looking for a new deal that would make him the highest-paid receiver in the game. Rosenhaus and Owens argue that the scramble to sign with the Eagles, after the player was briefly the property of the Baltimore Ravens, resulted in an unfair contract.

"A lot of people don't understand. Everybody sees a big number," Owens told ESPN. "I feel like I've overperformed my contract and my situation is sort of unique. There's a lot of things that factored into how I got involved with the seven-year contract and the money that I have that I'm trying to get out of."
    Are you friggin' kidding me?!? What have you outperformed, TO? Last year was your lowest catch total since '99. And don't whine about the injury, last year was one of your worst PER GAME stat year's as well. And what is this "highest paid WR" nonsense? Do you realize that the only time you have ever led the league in ANY stats was TDs in '01 and '02. That's it! Why would a team make you the top paid receiver when you in fact are not the top receiver.

You signed a contract, now be a man, try to salvage what little dignity your name has left, and honor that contract!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12