Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Andy Reids son accused of road rage incident

Police: Eagles coach's son accused of pointing gun at motorist
    By RANDY PENNELL, Associated Press Writer
    February 1, 2007

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- A son of Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid was accused of pulling a gun on another motorist, police records show. Police later seized a shotgun and containers with white powder or residue from Britt Reid's vehicle and a pistol from the home he shares with his parents.

On the same day, Britt's older brother, Garrett Reid, was found with drug paraphernalia after his sport-utility vehicle collided with another vehicle in nearby Plymouth Township, authorities said. He was taken to a hospital for drug tests, but it could take a week to get the results, Joseph F. Lawrence, the township's deputy police chief, said Thursday.

Breach
    Both cases are under investigation and no charges have been filed. Prosecutors said Thursday they could not comment on the investigations.

Andy Reid was on vacation and not at home at the time of the search. He returned home Wednesday. The coach did not have any immediate comment, Eagles spokesman Derek Boyko said.

Britt Reid brandished the gun after getting into an argument Tuesday morning in suburban West Conshohocken with a motorist he tried but could not pass, according to a police affidavit.

The affidavit said 21-year-old Britt Reid got out of his sport-utility vehicle and yelled at the other motorist, then returned to his SUV and pulled out a platinum-colored handgun. He then pointed the gun directly at the other driver, smiled and took off, the affidavit said, but not before the motorist took down his license plate number.

A search warrant was executed late Tuesday at the coach's home in suburban Villanova, but it was directed only at his son, who had been driving an SUV owned by his parents.

From the vehicle police recovered a shotgun, ammunition, a container holding eight clear baggies with white residue, a container with white powder, four small white pills, and a pharmacy bottle holding a green leafy substance, according to a list of seized property obtained Thursday by The Associated Press.

A pistol and ammunition also were seized from the house, although police did not say where in the house.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Andy Reids son accused of road rage incident

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT View Post
    Police: Eagles coach's son accused of pointing gun at motorist
    By RANDY PENNELL, Associated Press Writer
    February 1, 2007

PHILADELPHIA (AP) --
    From the vehicle police recovered a shotgun, ammunition, a container holding eight clear baggies with white residue, a container with white powder, four small white pills, and a pharmacy bottle holding a green leafy substance, according to a list of seized property obtained Thursday by The Associated Press.

A pistol and ammunition also were seized from the house, although police did not say where in the house.
    Here we go....8 clear baggies with white residue, a container of white powder, 4 small white pills, and a pharmacy bottle with a green leafy substance. So the kids into cooking, 8 bags of powdered sugar, a container of baking soda, 4 pills to get rid of the road rage headache, and some bay leaves in a pharmaceutical bottle...just leave him alone!

BigGameMN Guest

It's now come out that the kid admitted using heroin before the accident.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    It's now come out that the kid admitted using heroin before the accident.

I don't like reading that.

BigGameMN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I don't like reading that.
    Why is that?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Why is that?
    I don't either...its truly disturbing, anything that is totally going to (more than likely) ruin your life for what? Drugs are a scary thing that I stay far away from, and shoot, go see Requiem for a Dream, it'll make you re-think about doing drugs, TRUST ME!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Why is that?
    I hate to hear about people mixed up with drugs/alcohol or any uncontrolled substance.

Especially the younger people of this world.

BigGameMN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I hate to hear about people mixed up with drugs/alcohol or any uncontrolled substance.

Especially the younger people of this world.
    Oh OK, for some reason I was thinking it had something to do with the way I wrote it. I agree, far to many people are ruining there lives because of drugs before they even get into their twenties. I feel bad for Andy Reid, he seems like a great guy. For those that don't know he's a devout Mormon who won't allow his players to even swear in his presence. I know that because I read about it when TO was with the Eagles he knew Andy Reid didn't want his players swearing around him and so he cussed him out. Class Act there. Anyway I hope Andy Reid can get his family situation straightened out and on the right path.